Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Pyramid

On the brake linkage.. there is short medium tension spring and silicon fuel tube before plastic end. Why shoter spring than throttle? because when using longer spings, your throttle springs will reach dead end first before maximum brake. Why +silicon tube, because the shorter spring on brake wont be long enough to reach the end threat of that plastic end on brake linkage. I urge you to try it.. it will sure make your driving much faster.

PS: Lower front shore would definitely works to gain more front traction. I`m just having a really bad bad bad experience with it on our National championsip. Since between lower and higher shore rating would react differently in different temperature, that was disaster on the condition I was running on final (tarmac temp varies within 15deg C on and off in 45 minutes).
That ride is looking mighty good there pyramid.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2004, 06:31 PM
Wap
Tech Adept

what a great car pyramid

Hey guys some suggestions please.

I was practice w/ 710 (Stock) and every time i brake and turn the car would spin out.

I just ordered the box springs set and going to try some tire combos to.

Any suggestionss. thanks wap
Old 06-21-2004, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For the diff ball, use AE stealth grease or a similar grease for ball diffs (i personally use the IRS stuff in the syringe).
Old 06-21-2004, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by stormperson
For the diff ball, use AE stealth grease or a similar grease for ball diffs (i personally use the IRS stuff in the syringe).
why did you lube the balls on the ball diff your not supposed to at least that's what the serpent manual says also I went to my local hobby shop today and they advised against lubing the balls
Old 06-21-2004, 08:02 PM

Originally posted by InitialD
Congrats on the TQ and your win !
Thanks.. I would love to see Suruth drive his on upcoming Futaba Cup. Maybe could steal some `kungfu` he has. You should have joined (I think it`s already full by now).

Originally posted by InitialD
Bro, we have mostly hot climate tracks here. A friend of ours drives with the best tire brand and found the traction to be inconsistant. I think he was using 37 or 35 shore. When he used another brand which was 40 shore for the final, he found that he could drive more easily with it.
I really doubt is the tires since on all 4 qualifying runs (1 was canceled due to the AMB operator stop the timing too early) I was able to be on the first position with average of 8 seconds lead (it was in our hometrack). Yes, on all 4 qualifying with 37 shore all around. On final (same day) but with 40R, the wheather become very cloudy and still having sunshine on and off. I could not even give a close competition.. That`s why now I would rather have same shore since tire wear between F/R is not an issue anymore with 46T rear diff pulley. Of course, this is just my prefferences. Goldfinger still likes to run softer fronts.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:08 PM

Originally posted by cyba888
Pyramid

Whats that stuff you put on the end of your pipe? Its looks like some kind of cement thing, does it protect your pipe from bending inwards from side impacts?
It`s a metal dry epoxy (not liquid like most glue). A+B you joint together and apply to the area (must be sand first). Yes, it really on side impacts that would bent the pipe otherwise. In the US, I think you could find it in Home Depot.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:18 PM

Which servo would you recommend for thottle? I need good torque and decent speed, either Futaba or Sanwa. I am currentyl using the Sanwa WRX for steering.
Most high end digital servo are all good now and bigger capacity of battery (800mah) has becoming available. I run Futaba S9550 is just because they are smaller which would leave me more room to accomodate other things and not to mention the weight saving. S9550 (6kg tourqe, 0.1 sec) on both steering and throttle. Most of the pros even choose analog for throttle
Old 06-21-2004, 08:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone use digital servos, how much battery does it drain more compared to standard servos? I would like to use it for my throttle(Futaba S9451)will it fit the 710? What are your thoughts on digital servos?
Old 06-21-2004, 08:22 PM

I was thinking of getting a new pipe. Not sure if I should get the Shark pipe or stick with my Nova pipe. Whats the difference between these two? I hear that Shark pipes sucks up more fuel? The only thing that I like about the shark pipe is that it doesnt bend. I hate it when my pipe bends

Here is a pic of the track that I race at, which pipe would you recommend for this track?
For that track, definetely go with NRS-56207. To same some refeuling time, you could also try the EFRA type NRS-56206. There will be modification needed to install shark on S710. You should asked Mr. Glen Cauly about it.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Pyramid
Most high end digital servo are all good now and bigger capacity of battery (800mah) has becoming available. I run Futaba S9550 is just because they are smaller which would leave me more room to accomodate other things and not to mention the weight saving. S9550 (6kg tourqe, 0.1 sec) on both steering and throttle. Most of the pros even choose analog for throttle
I thought no one was going to answer my question...Thanks The prices are pretty much similar so not sure which to get regarding servos. I am leaning towards digital since its a newer technology.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:23 PM

Originally posted by rwisejr
That ride is looking mighty good there pyramid.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just a bling bling.. does not make it any faster
Old 06-21-2004, 08:25 PM

Where can I purchase the Team Tamale Digital Gap and Endplay Tool for the 710?
Those are nice gadgets. For me, I found my Mitutoyo 200mm digital caliper is the most usefull as it could also measure track width.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:26 PM

Originally posted by BaxterC
YUP, and they are HARD
Do you happened to have the bacth number? because all of ours does not come with the new tower.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:31 PM

Anyone use digital servos, how much battery does it drain more compared to standard servos? I would like to use it for my throttle(Futaba S9451)will it fit the 710? What are your thoughts on digital servos?
S9451 will fit just find. If S9550, you could mount it from bottom of upperdeck which will give you lower CG...
Old 06-21-2004, 08:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by crashed_1
Hey Baxter, are there any LHS in Joburg? Will be dropping by for a shoot next week... Gonna be @ Rhodes Park and Emerentia Rose Garden.
You're going to break your FX in SA?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.