Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 06:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by VenturaDC
Any one have drag brake issues? i have drag brake turned off but it still acts like there is some drag brake, drive train is free smooth and mesh is set perfectly. the weird thing is that after full throttle if i lightly tap the brake, not even enough to slow the car down it'll roll for a heck of alot longer then just letting off to neutral, ive tried different radios, motors, setups, ect to no avail and i have a friend with the same exact issue, this wasnt an issue with 200.
I have the same issue,I tried to solve it but couldn't find the solution.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

What do you have your neutral width set at?
Old 04-27-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

if you want less drag brake effect, then turn it off and run push control. i always run push in 17.5 and 13.5. the motor just has soo much drag to it internally
Old 04-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theisgroup
if you want less drag brake effect, then turn it off and run push control. i always run push in 17.5 and 13.5. the motor just has soo much drag to it internally
i did see this this weekend i tried some push control and it free rolled alot more but went back to 0 untill i can get a feel for it
Old 04-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The neutral width is set in the middle, ill check later what exactly, but the weird thing is like i said if i just touch the brakes a little bit and then let go it will free roll like normal so its not the motor having to much drag. it sucks im so used to having a free rolling car and now even running push control set even kinda high it just doesnt feel the same.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

what is kinda high. I run 40-45 push and i have not had the problem you are seeing. the car rolls forever. the higher you run in gearing the higher push you will run to get the same effect. but that just makes sense. with a higher roll out, it takes much more energy to make the car roll. push control is like running roll in your transmitter. the higher the gear the more "roll" you have to apply to keep the car rolling. one thing to know is that the effects of push control is affected by the amount of "on throttle" you run between the corners. the more you are on throttle the more effective the push control is.

brushless motors have much more drag then they did when they first started showing up on the shelf. the technology is just getting better. but the higher the wind the more drag the motor has. 17.5 and 13.5 motors have quite a bit of drag.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Any gearing and settings advice on the following track;

It would be on the following layout;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do0FIidbXvs

Last year I ran an FDR of 4.5 with a 10.5 LRPx11 using the LRP SPX speedo on setting 8.

I will be using an RS Pro with an LRP x12 on standard timing. What's the highest combination of settings I could use on that combo?

Skiddins
Try drop 6-8 teeth (64pitch) or 4-6 teeth (48pitch) in your pinion compared to SPX+10.5 and set the following on your Tekin:

Sensored mode
Boost = 45
Turbo = 5
Delay = 0.5
Start = 3,xxx
End = 15,xxx
Ramp = 2.0

These settings are quite conservative.

However, remember to temp your motor after 2 minutes or so.

IF the motor is cool/warm (like ~40C) , then add more boost/turbo/add pinion.

IF the motor is too hot (like >85C) then reduce boost/turbo/drop pinion.

For LRP, I think the optimal temp is around 65-70C. good luck.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theisgroup
what is kinda high. I run 40-45 push and i have not had the problem you are seeing. the car rolls forever. the higher you run in gearing the higher push you will run to get the same effect. but that just makes sense. with a higher roll out, it takes much more energy to make the car roll. push control is like running roll in your transmitter. the higher the gear the more "roll" you have to apply to keep the car rolling. one thing to know is that the effects of push control is affected by the amount of "on throttle" you run between the corners. the more you are on throttle the more effective the push control is.

brushless motors have much more drag then they did when they first started showing up on the shelf. the technology is just getting better. but the higher the wind the more drag the motor has. 17.5 and 13.5 motors have quite a bit of drag.
Well let me simplify, same car, same motor, same battery, same gearing same everything. ver200 let off throttle to neutral and the wheels free spin, ver203 let off throttle wheels stop quite suddenly even with drag brake turned off, like stated before if i lightly tap the brakes after full throttle on ver203 the wheels will free spin like they do on ver200 and if i do not the car slows down pretty quick. ive been around long enough to know what the motors where like when they first started showing up and what they are now. Right now when i lift off it feels like a brushed 27t.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

well i removed push control, uped the neutral width to 25, changed a few other settings, recalibrated and has gotten much better
Old 04-28-2010, 02:12 AM
Tech Champion

Any gearing and settings advice on the following track;

Skiddins

I hope there's not a 21.5 class, or the pinion will be almost as big as the spur gear....

I think that trying the same gear ratio (4.5) and a small amount of motor timing might be worth trying, then temp check after 2 and then 4 minutes.

Usually boost is more effective on small/medium tracks, turbo could be overkill and over rev an already fast motor, although my logic could well be flawed..
Old 04-28-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tc3team
I hope there's not a 21.5 class, or the pinion will be almost as big as the spur gear....

I think that trying the same gear ratio (4.5) and a small amount of motor timing might be worth trying, then temp check after 2 and then 4 minutes.

Usually boost is more effective on small/medium tracks, turbo could be overkill and over rev an already fast motor, although my logic could well be flawed..
You say medium track, but if the full back straight was used it would be one of the fastest tracks in Europe, possible the world.
They regularly blow 1/8 engines on that straight.

The big corner leading onto the straight is banked

Skiddins
Old 04-28-2010, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

You say medium track, but if the full back straight was used it would be one of the fastest tracks in Europe, possible the world.
They regularly blow 1/8 engines on that straight.

The big corner leading onto the straight is banked

Skiddins
this is now way the fastest track.
come race in holand at least 3 tracks way faster as that
Old 04-28-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Probably Lostallo in Switzerland has the biggest rc track in the world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq88b...eature=related
Old 04-28-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

What setting are people finding to work well with the X12 17.5? I run on a 90x50 track.

I use a Dou2 17.5 now geared 5.6. Max boost and turbo. also what timing setting on the x12?

Thanks for the help,
Joe
Old 04-28-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by marcel p
this is now way the fastest track.
come race in holand at least 3 tracks way faster as that
Originally Posted by 2wdrive
Probably Lostallo in Switzerland has the biggest rc track in the world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq88b...eature=related
Lostallo is a longer circuit (403m), but only 43m longer as a track.
Baring in mind that Lostallo has a bigger infield, that meansd the straigh6t at Brookland must be at least the same.

Skiddins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.