Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Raise your hands if you having trouble with the screws on the underside of the chassis? Ive stripped the hexes in my last screws, ive had enough. seems the alloy is sticking to the screws inside, and even with a very decent hex driver, ive managed to round all but 3 screws on the underside of my newly aquired MSX. Can anyone advise whether the new blue Ti screw kit will be better for this problem? Or has anyone chosen a different screw type for the chassis? Has anyone tried applying a drop of oil to the thread before screwing it in, or will this allow the screws to come out too easy? Im speaking of the small machine countersunk screws which hold the bulk heads, and suspension blocks. Thanks
Old 03-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Tech Regular

Default 4mm Chassis arrived

My 4mm Chassis arrived today from Ricky @ speedtech, shame my 415 MSX is pretty much retired

Those suspension shafts are also included, I haven't measured the size of them yet so I'm not sure if they are a new design or not.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-dscn0800-medium-.jpg   Tamiya TRF415-dscn0805-medium-.jpg  
Old 03-27-2006, 11:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ballsie
Those suspension shafts are also included, I haven't measured the size of them yet so I'm not sure if they are a new design or not.
Probably cause the blocks are the old 415 distance apart? So people can use the old suspension and still have wheel base adjustment.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The suspension pins included with the 4mm chassis are the same length as the suspension pins used on the standard 415 (ie: non-LWT suspension.) I like the fact that the 4mm chassis allows one the felxibility to run both types of suspension systems.

My only concern: next year, Tamiya will release a new steering rack (as used by Tamiya drivers in Thailand.) the 4mm and other chassis are not drilled for this.

The 4mm is really nice...top-notch Tamiya quality.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

I didnt think about cutting the bearing holder. That probably makes more sense. I do think it would be better to use the diff pully though and ream out the center hole so it can ride on the one way. It looks like the outer holes are the same regardless of whether it is a one way pulley or a diff pulley. Can someone verify this?
Old 03-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by axle182
Raise your hands if you having trouble with the screws on the underside of the chassis? Ive stripped the hexes in my last screws, ive had enough. seems the alloy is sticking to the screws inside, and even with a very decent hex driver, ive managed to round all but 3 screws on the underside of my newly aquired MSX. Can anyone advise whether the new blue Ti screw kit will be better for this problem? Or has anyone chosen a different screw type for the chassis? Has anyone tried applying a drop of oil to the thread before screwing it in, or will this allow the screws to come out too easy? Im speaking of the small machine countersunk screws which hold the bulk heads, and suspension blocks. Thanks
I have had no issues with either the standard steel kit screws or the RC Champ titanium hex screws on my car. I use a Hudy 2mm driver for all of them, and that driver gets some work, because another friend of mine with an XRay is too lazy to by his own 2mm driver.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

hi guys hows it going, just wondering im aboutn to own a msx and i wanted to know if theres anything i need to change on it for carpet racing.

all help would be apreciated
Old 03-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

sorry double post

Last edited by A Ilievski; 03-27-2006 at 09:57 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by axle182
Sometimes there is a tendency to overtighten screws to the point where they bind into each other especially when you don't use threadlock. As strange as this may sound, I think you're much better off using threadlock and not over tighten your screws. Anyway this is just my experience.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

let me refraise my post, I AM A NEW OWNER OF A MSX .

some pics

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=107487
Old 03-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
let me refraise my post, I AM A NEW OWNER OF A MSX .
So you have posted three times already on the same page. We get it already. Now properly read this thread for your answers.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tcmerf
I didnt think about cutting the bearing holder. That probably makes more sense. I do think it would be better to use the diff pully though and ream out the center hole so it can ride on the one way. It looks like the outer holes are the same regardless of whether it is a one way pulley or a diff pulley. Can someone verify this?
you need to use TA05 one-way pulley to fit the MSX one-way unit, but you also need to thin the center part of the pulley because with the standard thickness, it will not fit properly. (msx oneway pulley is thinner than TA05 oneway pulley)
Old 03-27-2006, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
hi guys hows it going, just wondering im aboutn to own a msx and i wanted to know if theres anything i need to change on it for carpet racing.

all help would be apreciated
they said that the old suspension works better in carpet rather than the low weight suspension that is already included in your msx plus new 4mm chassis is best suited for carpet racing
Old 03-27-2006, 11:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dodo
you need to use TA05 one-way pulley to fit the MSX one-way unit, but you also need to thin the center part of the pulley because with the standard thickness, it will not fit properly. (msx oneway pulley is thinner than TA05 oneway pulley)
is there any advantage if i used the TA-05 pulleys in place of the stock MSX pulleys
Old 03-27-2006, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by buboy28
is there any advantage if i used the TA-05 pulleys in place of the stock MSX pulleys
from previous page
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...ostcount=13521

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.