Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 01:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sosidge
Final version of my TA05 static strap...

This version now uses eyelets that are crimped and soldered in place. It is now very durable, easy to fit and remove, and the eyelets mean that the assembly has no affect whatsoever on tweak or the structural integrity of the chassis.

If anyone is interested I can put together a small kit of parts to fit one of these to your own car. It will include 1x wire strap with eyelets fitted (red, black or white wire available), 2x cone washers (please specify purple or dark blue), 2x round head stainless hex screws, and some installation instructions.

Price is £5 sterling shipped WORLDWIDE. If you would like one please send funds by Paypal to [email protected]

PS Please don't complain about the cost converted to dollars etc., it is not my fault the pound is very strong right now! I really can't do it for any less and I am not trying to "get rich quick"

Thanks,

Dave
Just in case anyone is interested I have found and can supply a very limited number of Tamiya Blue washers to fit this static strap mod.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:30 AM

Yesterday, Rifat told me that he saw blue sparks from his servo screw to bulkhead !!! this static discharge thing is getting bigger and bigger

Think of you drive your TA-05R and when you approach your opponent blue sparks kill his car's esc, receiver, servo etc

Like playing burn-out

Asil
Old 06-04-2007, 05:34 AM
Tech Rookie

I tried the recommended 43 pinion gear with my TA05-R with Tamiya Super Stock TZ(105 Spur), still almost as hot as 39 pinion. Any recommendation?

And also what pinion gear to use with Team orion 19T Element?
Old 06-04-2007, 05:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Go brushless....lol
Originally Posted by furyhawk
I tried the recommended 43 pinion gear with my TA05-R with Tamiya Super Stock TZ(105 Spur), still almost as hot as 39 pinion. Any recommendation?

And also what pinion gear to use with Team orion 19T Element?
Old 06-04-2007, 09:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

most of the motors will come off hot.... What temp is your motor after your race...?
Old 06-04-2007, 10:09 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So what is it exactly about the 05R that is supposedly creating this static problem.

I mean this stuff is being talked about like the 05R is from Mars and the regular 05 is from Venus.

The cars aren't that different, especially if you've already hopped up your 05 a good bit.

So what's causing lightening to suddenly shoot off the 05R only?
Old 06-04-2007, 10:20 AM
Tech Champion

Aliens
Originally Posted by Darkseid
So what is it exactly about the 05R that is supposedly creating this static problem.

I mean this stuff is being talked about like the 05R is from Mars and the regular 05 is from Venus.

The cars aren't that different, especially if you've already hopped up your 05 a good bit.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:21 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Core Creations
Aliens
LMAO!!!

Old 06-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Tech Adept

The only thing that I can think of (and the ONLY exclusive part on the TA05R) is the blue aluminum spur cap.

Being that it's aluminum I can't think that it has electrical generating properties.
Any electrical engineers want to try explaining this one?
Old 06-04-2007, 01:31 PM
Regional Moderator

Thats what I'm talking about. EVERY SINGLE PART on the 05R has been used on either the original TA05, or 415. And neither of these cars seem to be shooting 'blue sparks' from the servos.

EVERY SINGLE PART that is, except the blue aluminum spur plate. So I'm waiting for someone to explain why this spur plate seems to be generating electricity or at the very least, increasing the static carrying ability of the entire car.

I'm sorry to come off as skeptical in all of this, but "blue sparks"..."grounding wires" that go from one point of the static carrying curcuit(in this case the entire car) to another, this stuff just seems to me to have taken on a life of its own.

I don't care if Tamiya has acknowledge this stuff or not. 2 years people have been running this car competitively on asphalt and on carpet. Graphite tub chassis, stock tub chassis, graphite plate chassis WITH multiple alloy post...the list goes on. But this problem doesn't show up until this blue anodized plate shows up.

If its that bad, why not just dump the wires and voodoo cures and just buy the graphite plate spur cover. Its lighter and sure as hell looks better than having grounding wires going all over your car. Just a thought...
Old 06-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Regional Moderator

Anywhoo...

Is there anything happening in the TA05 world that isn't about static.

Haven't seen many people coming to relate their winning stories lately. That used to be the main thing we talked about around here.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Anywhoo...

Haven't seen many people coming to relate their winning stories lately. That used to be the main thing we talked about around here.
I came in second last week. Lost to a TA05. The TA05 is the most popular car at our local track. Only one last year now we have 10 or so I think.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

Where do u race?
Originally Posted by or8ital
I came in second last week. Lost to a TA05. The TA05 is the most popular car at our local track. Only one last year now we have 10 or so I think.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Anywhoo...

a couple of TCS events are coming up. you should be hearing more stories again.

plus im putting my MRE up for adoption since the reedy race is over.. so back to the trusty TA05

how are you enjoying your Mi3?
Old 06-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
Where do u race?
http://thehobbyshoponline.com (Dayton, OH)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.