Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
how are you enjoying your Mi3?
Still finishing just behind Core Creations with his TA05(2 sec this weekend), so not much has changed.

I'm still a TA05 owner and supporter though. Still think its the best value and one of the best handling and easiest to set up cars on the market. Once my oldest son gets his first season under his belt, he'll likely move up to a TA05 from his current TL01.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Thats what I'm talking about. EVERY SINGLE PART on the 05R has been used on either the original TA05, or 415. And neither of these cars seem to be shooting 'blue sparks' from the servos.

EVERY SINGLE PART that is, except the blue aluminum spur plate. So I'm waiting for someone to explain why this spur plate seems to be generating electricity or at the very least, increasing the static carrying ability of the entire car.

I'm sorry to come off as skeptical in all of this, but "blue sparks"..."grounding wires" that go from one point of the static carrying curcuit(in this case the entire car) to another, this stuff just seems to me to have taken on a life of its own.

I don't care if Tamiya has acknowledge this stuff or not. 2 years people have been running this car competitively on asphalt and on carpet. Graphite tub chassis, stock tub chassis, graphite plate chassis WITH multiple alloy post...the list goes on. But this problem doesn't show up until this blue anodized plate shows up.

If its that bad, why not just dump the wires and voodoo cures and just buy the graphite plate spur cover. Its lighter and sure as hell looks better than having grounding wires going all over your car. Just a thought...
The only thing I can think of is maybe the new center alum/metal brace thingy...

Now that I have my car built and running I can see maybe where a battery bar might come in contact with that brace. Not sure if that would cause "noise" but maybe that's the issue.

Who knows Solara has been using his full Lipo and 4.5R brushless with zero glitches.

I say Aliens too :P
Old 06-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Tech Adept

My TA05R did well on its 2nd time out this past weekend. I'm getting it ready for the Jul 15th TCS race in Laurel, MD. Anyone here going to that race?

Anyways, I didn't break anything this weekend. Last time out I broke an aluminum ball link on the right rear upper link. I have since went with all titanium links and the hard black ball ends. No more breaky for me

I ran a spool for the first time, love it! That probably helped my set-up the most since the track was much tighter than the Reedy set-up we ran last month.

I had a few issues with a new ESC I ran for the first time. Again after this race these issues will be a thing of the past.

So 2 more club races and then I'm off to my first TCS attempt. I should have all the bugs out by then......and FYI: ZERO STATIC GLITCHES
Old 06-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Tech Champion

got myself a tamiya centre 1 way, lightweight shaft,new tyres,additive,some alloy pivot spacers, an endbell and some blue wheelnuts over the weekend, uber happy
Old 06-05-2007, 12:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Double Quattro
The only thing that I can think of (and the ONLY exclusive part on the TA05R) is the blue aluminum spur cap.

Being that it's aluminum I can't think that it has electrical generating properties.
Any electrical engineers want to try explaining this one?
I am a mechanical engineer and not of the electrical persusion but...

The front belt runs very close to the aluminium centre plate. It doesn't appear to actually touch the plate, but it could be passing close enough to create a static charge in the plate. The proof would be to use the standard TA05 item, or the carbon fibre plate which is thinner than the aluminium plate and so has more clearance to the front belt.

Just my tuppence worth.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:20 AM
Tech Addict

My 05R is on the way, I also bought the carbon bulkhead cap since I'm over the whole "Blue aluminium" thing.

There's plenty of that on my BD.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:03 AM
Tech Champion

can anyone tell me if the 53915 lightweight centre shaft can be used with the 53841 one way unit?

thanks
Old 06-05-2007, 02:18 AM
Tech Rookie

I am using mine with a plastic spur cap....
But the sparks occurs also at this situation...
So I don't think that it differs these two cars(05 and R)in the sparking issue...
It should be generated from other parts...
A friend of mine here told that they are generated in the pulley-belt system;the difference between 05 and R is the stiffeners(in R carbon reinforced ones are used)and the low friction pulleys....
And also I made the cable modify,it stopped sparkling on the servo screw but a new sparkling started between the rear stiffener and the ESC(GTB)....
But the most exciting thing is it doesn't make sense about the controls(never gitched or came out of control)....
Old 06-05-2007, 02:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by peejay
The front belt runs very close to the aluminium centre plate. It doesn't appear to actually touch the plate, but it could be passing close enough to create a static charge in the plate. The proof would be to use the standard TA05 item, or the carbon fibre plate which is thinner than the aluminium plate and so has more clearance to the front belt.
The belt does actually touch the plate due to vibrations in the belt when running. The anodising and a small amount of material has been polished off mine just below the front belt, however there is no damage to the belt tooth profile.

This may be what has generated the static, and may be why my only problem was when the car was about 1 race meeting old, and the centre plate had not been "polished".

So perhaps another precaution would be to take a dremel to the centre plate and just grind a 1mm chamfer on the edge beneath the belt?
Old 06-05-2007, 02:40 AM

TA-05R --------------- 4 WD 2 BELT DRIVEN "SPARKLING" COMPETITION CHASSIS

Asil
Old 06-05-2007, 02:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Originally Posted by tc3team
can anyone tell me if the 53915 lightweight centre shaft can be used with the 53841 one way unit?

thanks
Yes u can. I'm using it right at the moment.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:05 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by -KilleR-
Yes u can. I'm using it right at the moment.
thanks for that
Old 06-05-2007, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm getting it ready for the Jul 15th TCS race in Laurel, MD. Anyone here going to that race?
Yes. Have they replaced their stolen track setup stuff yet?
Old 06-05-2007, 07:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rccardr
Yes. Have they replaced their stolen track setup stuff yet?
That's the first I've heard of this...maybe I'll give the Hobby Shop a call before I drag my gear 1000 miles out of state.

...."honey, you want to take the kids and visit your parents in July?....Great, I'm bringing my RC gear for a race in Maryland"......
Old 06-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I ran my TA05R with 4.5 brushless the 2nd time, and this time, on a brand new prepared permenant track that is silky smooth.............the complaint is NOT on the track this time, it is on the TA05R and I have no idea why that happen...

When I turn the steering full left and full right...while holding throttle to 1/2 throttle (forget about full throttle)...the whole front vibrate big time and make some weird noise...

I am not new to RC..and this TA05R is stock with only TAMIYA options..I added the front spool this time. I see no metal dust or plastic dust indicated something is binding after 20 minutes of run with the 4.5 except everytime I turn, my car PUSH and those who saw my car running all heard some noise from my car...(not rubbing body either...)

I have no idea for now....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.