Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 02:48 PM
Tech Regular

are they green? ifso then they are the YMP ones that have been talked about a few posts up.
Old 12-21-2004, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

yes, sorry just to many pages to look though...

i assume that they are aluminum, but anodized green for him. does yok sell the same universal(steel or aluminum)? / maybe in a nature finish
Old 12-21-2004, 06:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by rovic

i assume that they are aluminum, but anodized green for him. does yok sell the same universal(steel or aluminum)? / maybe in a nature finish
Yes, yokomo does sell hardened steel universals but they're originally for the old belt car. You'll need to grind down the ball on the fronts as they're slightly too long and the rears fit with no modification. I don't remember the part #'s off hand but I exclusively run the hardened universals in the front of my car. The YMP aluminum universals were previously unavailable in the states, with the release of the SDW I was told they would be available for purchase as spares if people wanted them. I would be very cautious about running them though, I've been told they are very weak.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:47 PM

Originally posted by rovic

yo rovic, ritchie here, we pitted together at the FW table at nats. you get a yok, i ran the tobee craft bones at nats, front and rear. (the ones shaped like a baseball bat) i ran a diff, a oneway and a spool at nats and had no problems, however when i got home and on FW's track a couple of taps of the pipes and i broke two with the one way and another with the spool. right now i'm running the mip's for the old belt car. the do bind up if you tighten the axle nuts all the way, but a little filing on the back side of the wheel hex will fix that. have you seen the new rayspeed shafts from mip? probably see you this summer at FW, you said you might come up.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Just an update on the MR-4TCSD Worlds kit. 90% of those that pre-ordered, your car kits is on its way to you today. The special gift we included with every kit (besides the spool) is an Speed Tech R/C and Yokomo logo signed by Masami Hirosaka at the IFMAR worlds this year. Even with their busy schedule at the worlds, Masami still took the time to personally sign each and every one of them. A world class driver on the track and a great representative off the track (and a real nice guy to chat with too)

Steve Wang
Old 12-21-2004, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

Just an update on the MR-4TCSD Worlds kit. 90% of those that pre-ordered, your car kits is on its way to you today. The special gift we included with every kit (besides the spool) is an Speed Tech R/C and Yokomo logo signed by Masami Hirosaka at the IFMAR worlds this year. Even with their busy schedule at the worlds, Masami still took the time to personally sign each and every one of them. A world class driver on the track and a great representative off the track (and a real nice guy to chat with too)

Steve Wang
wow Masami is THE MAN!!!!
Old 12-21-2004, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

Steve Wang
Steve, just curious, how many kits did you get from the 65 kits Yokomo USA got? Anymore left overs? A friend of mine is interested in getting one. You should be getting an email from him.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:28 PM
Tech Champion

I know there was a REALLY high demand for these kits so I really doubt anyone is going to have one left over, unless a preorder got cancelled. If Steve doesn't have any left your best bet is to try to order one from one of the overseas mailorder places like rc champ.
Old 12-22-2004, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Matt: Is it necessary to grind down the end of the Hardend Universal for use on all SD chassis? I have the CGM (upgraded), and during the summer I ran the hardend universals on the front without any grinding. I didn't notice any binding??? Or does that apply only to using the one way?

Thanks
Old 12-22-2004, 06:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Geppetto
Matt: Is it necessary to grind down the end of the Hardend Universal for use on all SD chassis? I have the CGM (upgraded), and during the summer I ran the hardend universals on the front without any grinding. I didn't notice any binding??? Or does that apply only to using the one way?

Thanks
I know they bind with the oneway but I never tried them before I ground them down with a diff so you're probably right.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:04 AM
Tech Adept

thanks for the info,

hey richie, yea had to let the ae go, replacing the bones after every weekend was alittle expensive. i'll be at 2005 summer sizzler, if it doest conflict with my schedule...

say hello to jose for me and let him know ive got his package (just need his address)...
Old 12-22-2004, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Here's an official picture from Yokomo of the production-spec SDW.

Old 12-22-2004, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

wow, it's all blue!
Are those springs also stock(included in the kit):
Yokomo yellow front
Yokomo blue rear
???
Old 12-22-2004, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Most probably rayspeed.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by forty6
Steve, just curious, how many kits did you get from the 65 kits Yokomo USA got? Anymore left overs? A friend of mine is interested in getting one. You should be getting an email from him.
forty6,

unfortunately we did not get enough (i can not disclose the exact number) but right now we were not able to fill all of our pre-orders completely. Yokomo USA is trying to see if any other dealers are canceling their pre-order. If so, then we might be able to get a few more.

Steve Wang

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.