Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 08:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by JayBee
Thanx for the advice Matt ; but I have a question for you- part#-YS.1SS.6 (long type shocks), have you gotten these? Got some extra ones in today that I'm gonna used with RS springs, item A on the parts tree, why is it only one? Is it supposed to be used for a particular shock (ie. FRT or R) ?

- jaybee
I believe those shocks are the longer body ones, they might be too long unless you're using the original RS towers which were designed for them.
The A part on the shock part tree is used to push down the little triangular spacer down into the shock body nice and evenly. It's not actually used in the shocks itself, just the assembly.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

It was a very special day for us at Speed Tech R/C today, not only did we get the call from Yokomo letting us know that the kits are ready, we also got a surprise visit from Mr. Masaaki Hirosaka today (Mr. Masami Hirosaka's father) He wanted to check out the new shop and also let us know of his plans of up coming "Hirosaka" line of high performance R/C products that should be released next year. Should be an exciting product line to keep an eye on

Also, I have one more surprise gift to be included (aside from the spool) for all pre-order customers. I will be picking that up from Yokomo USA tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience on this car kit guys

Steve Wang

Last edited by SpeedTech; 12-21-2004 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanx for the advice Matt ; but I have a question for you- part#-YS.1SS.6 (long type shocks), have you gotten these? Got some extra ones in today that I'm gonna used with RS springs, item A on the parts tree, why is it only one? Is it supposed to be used for a particular shock (ie. FRT or R) ?

- jaybee
I think you are talking about what I call the alignment barrel. It is used to align the little triangle piece into the bottom of the shock. You place the barrel (A) over the shaft and piston. After each triangle (D) piece is installed then you pull it out and put it away, then re-install the piston and shock shaft.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Matt Howard

The A part on the shock part tree is used to push down the little triangular spacer down into the shock body nice and evenly. It's not actually used in the shocks itself, just the assembly.
I remember now , thanx Matt . I just have a dremeling job to do to the original RS Frt. tower (shave off the 2 outermost positioning holes). Seems like I have some further length adjustments too, the package includes 2 different lengths of shock ends .
With my SDW here this week and tinker'n with these shocks, looks like my hands are full this weekend
Thanx to you too pops

- jaybee

Last edited by JayBee; 12-20-2004 at 09:25 PM.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

you guys suck, you're all getting your SDW probably this week and I'm going to have to wait another 1-2 weeks to get mine shipped half way around the world
Old 12-20-2004, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

Also, I have one more surprise gift to be included (aside from the spool) for all pre-order customers. ......

Steve Wang

Woohoo, a Steve Wang bobble-head!
Old 12-20-2004, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Matt Howard
you guys suck, you're all getting your SDW probably this week and I'm going to have to wait another 1-2 weeks to get mine shipped half way around the world
Spring for the EMS shipping, since you are getting the kit for free. That way, we can build the cars together, so you will be ready if we have any questions.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Korey, what's up dude; I was scratchin' boards there two weekends ago . Is the Rain gonna be open Friday night?
If not, I'll be up there week after next . Working OT and going to school 2 nights a week kind of gets in the way

- jaybee
Yeah I know what you mean. I'm on x-mas break now, it's so nice lol. I dont think rain city is open this friday, since it's x-mas eve and all. I'm gonna try and make it on wednesday night for some open mod action.....

-Korey
Old 12-21-2004, 03:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by forty6
Spring for the EMS shipping, since you are getting the kit for free. That way, we can build the cars together, so you will be ready if we have any questions.
I was told that the only way we can receive packages on base here in s. korea is through the regular usps. stuff usually takes 7-10 days to get here but this time of year it will probably take longer.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:53 AM
Tech Adept

hello,
can anyone tell me what part #, are the universals that masami car;

and if the tobee aluminum bones are any good?

thanks
rovic
Old 12-21-2004, 08:56 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by rovic
hello,
can anyone tell me what part #, are the universals that masami car;

and if the tobee aluminum bones are any good?

thanks
rovic
I don't know the part # but as soon as the first person receives their SDW kit they can tell you since they're included. I've used the tobee bones before and they're very good, I would only run them in the rear though, they'll probably bend in the front.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
hey guys, anyone using the Square titanium bones and axles.
Besides being lighter, thus having less rotating mass, will they last significantly longer than the stock steel ones?Are they worth stocking up on...

- jaybee
Old 12-21-2004, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

As they are titanium they will wear quite heavily where the pin is, the new Titanium racing ones are very good from what iv heard they are the new worlds edition dont know if you can get them through schumacher in the state yet but you can order them from ti racing direct.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Dan Hughes
As they are titanium they will wear quite heavily where the pin is, the new Titanium racing ones are very good from what iv heard they are the new worlds edition dont know if you can get them through schumacher in the state yet but you can order them from ti racing direct.
I can confirm what Dan is saying. I have the new TIR Worlds CVDs on my Yoke CGM and they are great.

The best I've found so far.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

im looking at masami car from the 04 reedy, the cmg' are those universals available?

ti seem / are always to expensive, imo...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.