Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have found the the ta05 is very competative in it's stock form (except for TRF shocks). It is a very smooth and consistant car. Most every car at my local track is either a RDX or an X-ray and the ta05 keeps up just fine in stock rubber. The only hopups that I think it would need to be a good 19t or mod car would be the carbon tub and a small top deck.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buboy28
steve: are you the guy who finished 3rd at the F-1 at the recently concluded TCS Finals
Hi buboy28, yes, that would be me

Steve Wang
Old 01-23-2006, 04:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
I wish there was a video of that!
actually, i do have a video of the 2nd A-main...between me and George!

Steve Wang
Old 01-23-2006, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Has anyone ordered anything at Rocousa.com/ they have lexan bodies for sale and they are cheap (tamiya).

Steve(speedtech)- any idea when your going to have the stock Ta05 chassis be available.

Last edited by cheehtae; 01-23-2006 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SpeedTech
Hi buboy28, yes, that would be me

Steve Wang
CONGRATULATIONS and hope that you will be the one going to Japan next year
Old 01-24-2006, 10:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Steve W.

that xr05 is pretty sweet.... are you going to release a conversion kit for our regular ta05???
Old 01-24-2006, 06:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ashrc18TA05
just woundering if any one has had any problems with the steering on the ta05 because every time i turn right it turns nice a sharp and i can throw it into the corner nice, but when it turns to the left the steering is poor and the car goes real widei have tried to file the servo saver down becasue it was rubbing against the tub but i still have the same problem.
any help

servo iam using is a standard ballraced futaba servo
cheers ash
I too have the same problem. I was hoping someone with more experiance than I could answer, since I'm new to on-road. I was thinking it was weight transfer from the heavy battery on the right just compounds the roll to that side. Maybe chassis flex, I don't know. Someone?
Old 01-24-2006, 06:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hill834
I too have the same problem. I was hoping someone with more experience than I could answer, since I'm new to on-road. I was thinking it was weight transfer from the heavy battery on the right just compounds the roll to that side. Maybe chassis flex, I don't know. Someone?
Could be a bad servo, EPA Adjustments on the radio not set equal, it could be tweak......put the car on a tweak board after that is set right then go to the track and set the EPA by doing a slow circle in each direction to make sure the car turns equally after that is if does not turn the same start looking for a bent chassis or a shock that has a stiffer feel then the others.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Could be a bad servo, EPA Adjustments on the radio not set equal, it could be tweak......put the car on a tweak board after that is set right then go to the track and set the EPA by doing a slow circle in each direction to make sure the car turns equally after that is if does not turn the same start looking for a bent chassis or a shock that has a stiffer feel then the others.
Got a brand new servo in there and the tweak is about as perfect as I could get with the chassis lift on a flat board technique. I will check the EPA though I think it's pretty equal. Could be any number of reasons. Shocks are a good possibility.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is the "tweak" set right on the car? Try this, set the car so that it's race ready... (battery and motor installed, etc). Then make sure car is at ride height... Now on a setup board.. take a knife or tip of a screw driver and lift the rear part of the chassis from the center. See if both rear wheels lift up at the same time. If not, then adjust the droop screws til both lift up at the same time. Do the same to the front. See how it is on the track.

Also, are your endpoints set right in your radio? Meaning does the wheel turn as sharp to the left as it does the right at full lock? Or is one wheel turning more than the other? This can cause this too. Set dual rates to 100%. Then adjust the left endpoint adjust just so that it reaches full throw. Then go and set the right endpoint to full steering throw. Now your endpoints are setup and you can use your dual rates to turn down the steering or what not....

Hope this helps...
Old 01-24-2006, 06:38 PM
Tech Rookie

I will check all those points again. Thanks KilRuf
Old 01-24-2006, 06:40 PM
Tech Rookie

I will check all those points again. Thanks KilRuf
P.S. Sorry, you too Slotmachine
Old 01-24-2006, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Steering issues!!

Got a brand new servo in there and the tweak is about as perfect as I could get with the chassis lift on a flat board technique. I will check the EPA though I think it's pretty equal. Could be any number of reasons. Shocks are a good possibility.
Just remember, on the TA05 the centerline of the servo will not be straight up as most cars. It should be tilted a little to the right if you are looking at the chassis from the back to the front!
Just my 2$
Old 01-24-2006, 06:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by maxepower
Just remember, on the TA05 the centerline of the servo will not be straight up as most cars. It should be tilted a little to the right if you are looking at the chassis from the back to the front!
Just my 2$
Yep! Built it per instructions, off by one spline or 10 degrees.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well I see that you went through some of the steps but your missing something...............Elevated tweak is different from loaded tweak or when the car is on the ground. When you actually put the car on a tweak board you may see what I mean. 1/4 of a turn on the wrong shock collar will throw the car off quite a bit! If you don't have a tweak board, see if you can use someone else's it will make a difference.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.