Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 10:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I wanted to see how others are doing with there replacement front tower.ive been to track at least 4 time's,24 packs,and don't even have a Crack in mine.my original one cracked 1st day and repaired it and had total of 4 cracks in different places. Seems I got a good one from a nice batch or the aluminum shock caps and standoffs solved the problem. I put them on at same time. How's everyone else?
Old 04-16-2015, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitro2be
I wanted to see how others are doing with there replacement front tower.ive been to track at least 4 time's,24 packs,and don't even have a Crack in mine.my original one cracked 1st day and repaired it and had total of 4 cracks in different places. Seems I got a good one from a nice batch or the aluminum shock caps and standoffs solved the problem. I put them on at same time. How's everyone else?
sup Eric,think I showed you this mod at the Track,thought I would share with the Rest!! Saddle strap cut to size and CA,d in!!!Very much tested by ME LOL,still the OG tower
Photo didn't load try again,Keep getting file upload error,hmm any way take the battery strap from the saddle pack if running shorty and cut it to fit inside the shock tower above steering rack where they break and glue her in,maybe tmrw it will work phone and pc wont upload the pic Sux!!Cheers!

Last edited by BmainStar; 04-16-2015 at 10:58 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

You guys do know that the HB shock caps have been released for a while now and many of us are running them, right? Just making sure.

Do you guys have back-orders in at Amain, Tower, or both? If not you should. I'm pretty sure they have been trickling in over time but the demand is still high and there are a bunch of back orders waiting.

-Chris
Old 04-16-2015, 11:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by snwchris
Yes it sure seems weird that they don't have them yet, but there are options.

You could always get the B5 Composite Caps and Composite Standoffs and that will removing the issue of popping shock caps.

Another alternative is the Aluminum Caps from Serpent, but that can be an easy $50-60 spent on those.

Its too bad PL or Exotek didn't pickup the ball and run with it, they would have been easy to sell upgrades.
Curious, will the aluminum AE caps not fit?
Old 04-16-2015, 12:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcupp

Others said no they dont.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by iScream
You guys do know that the HB shock caps have been released for a while now and many of us are running them, right? Just making sure.

Do you guys have back-orders in at Amain, Tower, or both? If not you should. I'm pretty sure they have been trickling in over time but the demand is still high and there are a bunch of back orders waiting.

-Chris
Had mine for about a month or so work good.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcupp
Correct, for what ever reason the AE Alum do not fit. Others have bought and tried out and were nice enough to report back they don't work or fit.

I'm pretty sure most know they are released, its the issue of backorders and the slow, slow trickling in of the shock caps.

I'm still running my stock caps just fine... knock on wood....
Old 04-16-2015, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Hey guys if we want these products to come faster we have to call our local senators and tell them to end the backlog at the west coast ports.... Im in the import industry and this strike out west is whats really causing backlogs on all imported products!
Old 04-16-2015, 02:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Not arguing with you but what can the federal government do to end a labor strike on the west coast? I thought I had read that it was over already anyway but I guess that isn't the case.

Not sure I'm in favor of the feds getting involved in any way, even if the whole thing is an inconvenience for me.

-Chris
Old 04-16-2015, 05:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iScream
Not arguing with you but what can the federal government do to end a labor strike on the west coast? I thought I had read that it was over already anyway but I guess that isn't the case.

Not sure I'm in favor of the feds getting involved in any way, even if the whole thing is an inconvenience for me.

-Chris
the gov't can do whatever they want. reagan ended the air traffic controller strike by firing 11,000 employees and the union was ultimately decertified. a bit different in that those were federal employees, but it was a huge step back then.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Back to the D413
Old 04-16-2015, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

So only hb parts are on those ships LOL cuz no body else seems to be stuck on the boat,strike is over anyway, doubt that is the problem ,lack of commitment to us racers im sure lol Ya back to 413 mine goes fast and jumps real far and its orange,so there
Old 04-16-2015, 11:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by moch8
I can't believe the aluminium shock caps have been delayed again! ARRGHHH!!!
I had them from the first batch and am not satisfied with them.

You have to use a 2-3mm spacer on tower so that it doesn't bind (which aren't included) not a big deal but the problem with them is that the cap can slip all the way through the back retainer on hits. The part which holds the cap in place. Also they seem to leak a little bit from top screw without threadlock.

The back retainer (where the wrench goes) needs to be bigger so that the cap can't slip through.

In winter we race indoors with mixed surfaces. From astroturf to painted concrete tracks that are really harsh on front caps.
Old 04-17-2015, 02:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

So wanted to share an issue that has come up a few times running my buggy. The front sway bar comes out of the plastic end holders. I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue but it is annoying me. I will buy some new ends and see if that works or see if I can find aluminum ones that will work. I try not to tighten down the set screw because it's plastic.
Old 04-17-2015, 02:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Originally Posted by egobrkr
So wanted to share an issue that has come up a few times running my buggy. The front sway bar comes out of the plastic end holders. I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue but it is annoying me. I will buy some new ends and see if that works or see if I can find aluminum ones that will work. I try not to tighten down the set screw because it's plastic.
I had exactly the same problem so i stopped running a front sway bar all together, luckily for me it suited my track, what i realised was i was running it the whole time with the sway bar out of the plastic holder so removing it made no difference, for some reason mine always pops out on thew right hand side.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.