Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2001, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

All you guys that are talking about the OFNA wheels, are you talking about their Foam Dish Wheels or are you talking about their molded Touring car tires witht he spokes? I looked and saw a set of the Clear Blue Dish wheels and they looked funky but they were not the Dish Foam Wheels, the guy mounted Sorex Tires on them.

I may give them a try becaue it is only $8. I was not aware that the proline tires waraped also. I thought they would be better quality because the Pro's use them all the time where I race.

Mike
Old 08-29-2001, 09:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

the only reason pros use them is because they have to. they like..love the proline bodies which kills 2 birds with one stone...free...free & free

who wouldnt run free stuff is the real question.
Old 08-29-2001, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Mike,
The Ofna wheels come in several different colors and face designs.I have only used the dish lexan wheels myself which are designed to fit rubber tires.I don't race on foams but would imagine that the Ofna wheels made for foams would perform the same.The Pro's use Proline wheels because their free and they don't hit stuff.On the other hand........I do hit stuff and the money comes out of my pocket.Once a wheel is warped,its trash along with the tire its mounted to.This really sucks if the tire is three runs old........been there,done that!I guess it depends on your track layout and what they use for boarders.
Garry
Old 08-29-2001, 02:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

does anyone use trc tires? I'm not a fan of trinity but I found that they (rims) seem to hold up very well. always hated prolines because the rims flex. yeah it gives you more bite but if you hit a turn wrong they're goners.
Old 08-29-2001, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

TRC wheels are what I and many others use at my local track. The Jaco brand is great also. If you can manage to stay off the boards and keep them warp free then you're guaranteed a superb run with lots of traction.

Last edited by RCCadet; 08-29-2001 at 03:56 PM.
Old 08-29-2001, 03:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

they are the best. imo but a little $xpensive
Old 08-29-2001, 04:26 PM
Tech Rookie

this site seems to be pretty cool. i' ve been trying to get onto rctouring for like 2 weeks now then somebody at the track let me know what was going on. glad to be back
Old 08-29-2001, 05:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

cool I just found out about them a couple of days ago
Old 08-29-2001, 05:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

other than a couple of different subtle changes it feels like "home"
Old 08-29-2001, 06:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am talking about the Ofna wheels that you glue rubber tires onto.

Darkside-

You run a pivot ball car? That is actually why I tried the Ofna wheels, as they are larger inside, and do not rub the arms/hubs. I ran Corally, and the Pro-line wheels rubbed pretty bad.
Old 08-29-2001, 10:51 PM
Tech Addict

The best wheels to use right now are the ones from www.speedtechrc.com!!! They are dish rims and come in a set of four for $4.50!!! They hold their round quite well, do not break as easily as others out there, and their price fits almost all budgets!!!
Old 08-29-2001, 10:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yes, I must agree the rims at www.speedtechrc.com that are $4.50 for a set of four are extemely durable.
Old 08-30-2001, 05:31 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i would rather have a rim warp, than break.....or crack...you can still use it when it is bent, if it breaks you cant use them....the only wheels i run are proline.....i will use hpi or yok in a pinch......but never ofna....i have seen good drivers break rims, often.....remember, saving 12 bucks on rims will cost when the 15 dollar tire and 5 dollar insert cant be used....actually the best rims are the losi ones.....i have actually reused them....they hold true, and i have never broken one......also very stiff.....
Old 08-30-2001, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Question about the XXX-S and the front end. I was thinking about buying a flat sheet of Graphite and cutting it out to attach it to the chassis and the Body Mount to make it more firm up there. I see that I can screw it in where the Sway Bar Kit can connect to the car. If I do this am I going to screw up the geometry of the sway bar because it will be mounted a little higher or am I worrying about nothing? Also I heard rumors that Losi is coming out with a Short shaft and body shock Kit for the Front of the XXX-S and Trinity is coming out with the Brace that I described. I think that the Short Shaft and Body will be nice for the car. just like the one conversion kit that they made for the Steet Weapon.

Mike
Old 08-30-2001, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You should be alright with the mount a little bit higher Mike.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.