email me at [email protected]
thanks
dave
Old 07-18-2003, 04:04 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by RClover
you mean DTM..??
where is he btw,...lone time never seen him on this board..
Hey...did some call? Hi RClover! I'll be back to GP soon (ish). Building my Tawianese NTC3 right now (hehe...) and waiting for my RR Evo kit.....no MTX3 for me this year....too many on the road....a bit like driving a Honda Civic in Hong Kong!!! (hehe...that should sets some flames alite!!!)....
Old 07-18-2003, 04:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by EVOLUTION
LOL,i have a couple GPM parts on my impulse pro.I must say i saw at least a 1.8 sec improvement after i put them on,and i'm not talking about per lap on the track,rather i looked at the car on my shelf for 1.8 sec longer cause the parts looked so shiny!

In all seriousness i thought the quality of the parts i bought were about average but i don't think i would get any for the mtx3 unless they were the only option which is the advice manti has given and i think Stefan would only be able to buy them from GPM cause no one else makes them.Stefan are you breaking the stock ones often and i wouldn't mind seeing some pics of the GPM ones?
I'm actually not breaking the stock ones they just slip over the pillowballs when you just slightly brush something at full steering lock.
I lost 3 races that I was leading or chasing first place because of that. The week before last week, my pit man accidently deflected my incoming car to the board of the pit wall with his foot at snail speed and the knuckle popped off.

I had two laps on the field at the time.
Old 07-18-2003, 04:18 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Manti,

Originally posted by Manticore
well, it is not only their product. their business ethic, staff attitude also make this product very bad!
Manti,

I can't say anything about that, I never dealt with them.
Old 07-18-2003, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Jonathan
Stefan

Where did you get them from??

Thanks
There is a guy on Ebay who's selling GPM stuff amongst other things and I asked him if he culd get those also.

Just go on Ebay and do a search for GPM (the guy is not CTY 300)

You'll understand that I won't post his e-mail address here without his permission.
Old 07-18-2003, 04:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by dtm
Hey...did some call? Hi RClover! I'll be back to GP soon (ish). Building my Tawianese NTC3 right now (hehe...) and waiting for my RR Evo kit.....no MTX3 for me this year....too many on the road....a bit like driving a Honda Civic in Hong Kong!!! (hehe...that should sets some flames alite!!!)....
What,you're talking smack about the mtx3 in the MTX3 FORUM,blaspehemy i say!

Stefan,that's bad luck man,i don't know if it's a design flaw cause i've hit quite a few things but never had them pop over the p-balls before.Are you using the stock pillow balls and are the nuckles free moving on the balls(not adjusted tight)?

I think they used to make delrin nuckles for the mtx2,did you try looking for some for the mtx3?
Old 07-18-2003, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Default Evo,

I took a very close look at the mTX3 knuckles and also compared them to the old MTX2 knuckles, which never seemed to have this problem.

The biggest difference between the two is, that the MTX3 has a LOT (~35 degrees) more steering throw than the MTX2 had.

To allow for this throw, the openings for the pillowballs are bigger and the knuckles have less "meat" in that area.

The problem is, that with the A-Ackerman setup, the inner wheel is at a very extreme angle at full lock, if you only slightly brush something, it doesn't take much to pull it over the pillowballs.(big leverage)

This is also the reason why so many people brake universals/ loose dogbones!

Mugen recommends using the C-Ackerman setup since the inside steering throw is reduced, but this will also reduce the steering /turn in of the car.

This is not only my problem, everybody at my track has it, and the fact that Mugen has been sold out on front knuckles for over a month know tells me that this is a very widespread problem.

This is why I hope that the GPM knuckles will work.
Old 07-18-2003, 08:10 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by EVOLUTION
What,you're talking smack about the mtx3 in the MTX3 FORUM,blaspehemy i say!
Light the fire and then RUN!!! hehe......
Old 07-18-2003, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

you want to light me up??
Old 07-18-2003, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Fire
you want to light me up??
Hehehe.... seems so. Where you prefeer to be lighted? right/left hand, hair, legs?....

And for the fuel? 89 Gas, 92 Gas, Kerosene, Straight Methanol?.
Old 07-18-2003, 07:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

After an afternoon of racing I was cleaning my car and noticed a crack on the knuckle from the bearing across the bottom of steering arm.My friend had a simular crack on his car.No problems with the pillow balls however(a problem I had alot woth the impulse).
Old 07-18-2003, 07:54 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Haven't had a problem with mine yet. knock on wood.

You guys must be hitting crap hard. I've broken one rear arm, but it was a deserving hit. I caught a wall ( two 2x4's, they aren't forgiving at all, hehe) I even TKO'ed a pan car that was running backwards on the track, and no problems with my car.
Old 07-18-2003, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

That's the problem, it's never a hard hit, it's always just a slight brush.
Once a tire grips the pipe, it's gone.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Corse-R
Hehehe.... seems so. Where you prefeer to be lighted? right/left hand, hair, legs?....

And for the fuel? 89 Gas, 92 Gas, Kerosene, Straight Methanol?.
I actually prefer nitro,i read it has to be heated to about 45C before it will emit vapours that can be ignited,that gives me plenty time to escape.

Stefan,i haven't played around with ackermans yet maybe that's why i haven't had those problems cause i know i've hit my fair share of things so far LOL.If this is a common problem we all know what mugen will do,they would have heard of the problem,tested it themselves and either bring out a new pair of knuckles or somehow make some slight improvement on them and release the next batch under the same part number,it's all good.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by dtm
hey dude..glad to hear you are still alive & kicking some nitro ass..soon!
RR evo looks promising, good choice! Dont forget to try M1RR mod

One fact remains, RR evo will remain heavy but strong like a tank!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.