Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 08:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by RClover
damn! ACER ceramic nitride bearings??
send me your stock bearings since you dont need them..!
thanks
Why send them to you when he can repackage them and sell them?

Manti,did you weigh the ceramics and compare to the stock?How much more free are the ceramics?
Old 08-17-2003, 08:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: translate please

Originally posted by edgar
vones

thanks, however i was hoping for descriptions or comments of how each piece work. like how does more ackerman differ with lesser ackerman. and how high roll center feels on track compared to lower roll center or why do we want to have more body roll compared to less body roll???
http://www.rctek.com/handling/ackerm...principle.html
Old 08-17-2003, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

HOLY SMOKES! I was horrible yesterday when I was racing. My car was all over the place. At the end of the race I found my upper link on the rear upright was off and the front dogbone was missing. I REALLY thought it was me the whole time. I looked rediculous! I didn't even get to redeem myself because I had to leave early, due to personal obligations.

This was the FIRST time the MTX3 let me down. I really felt stupid because the whole time I thought I tuned my suspension wrong AND it was the first time out with a front diff. At least I didn't finish last running on a disconnected rear upright and 3WD. It was a struggle with the steering and throttle the whole time!

Oh well maybe next time...

One thing was good, as usual, my MT12 ran strong and never flammed out. Come to think about it this engine has been VERY reliable for me the entire time I've had it. I actually traded it for a Novarossi S12 Turbo at the track because a fellow racer was having trouble tuning it and wanted a MT12. I thought what the hell I "think" I'm a decent engine tuner and why not hook him up with a known reliable engine. He really didn't want the Turbo engine he had.

Well I traded him the engine and stripped it down when I got home. Here's what I found. The head/glow plug button washer is missing. The needle setting as off...anyone know the manufacturer factory settings? I think I'll start with 3 turns out high needle and 2 1/2 low-end. Mid-needle is also off...should I just start screw flush with the surrounding housing? High-end needle washer gasket is missing...does this engine use them? I inspected the entire engine and found some oit gunk in the piston, which thankfully didn't cause any harm. Washer for the turbo plug is missing. (This is my first turbo engine - do they use them?)

Where online can I get washers and gaskets for Novarossi engines?

Thanks,
Puma
Old 08-17-2003, 08:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Turbo plugs do not come with washers.

check the Novarossi website for tuning aid.
Old 08-17-2003, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: rear anti squat

Originally posted by vones
Yes c blks r the highest roll centre...
isnt the C block the lowest roll center setup??still building the kit so no idea really till i finish with it
Old 08-17-2003, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by EVOLUTION
Why send them to you when he can repackage them and sell them?

Manti,did you weigh the ceramics and compare to the stock?How much more free are the ceramics?
i just feel them with my palm and there is a noticible difference in weight. the ceramic is supposed to be silk smooth but not only free.

I will need to take it on the track as I cannot test my MTX3 how free when I let the car roll on the ground
Old 08-17-2003, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: rear anti squat

Originally posted by fReShJiVe
isnt the C block the lowest roll center setup??still building the kit so no idea really till i finish with it
Put the 'B' on the roll centers and the 'B' on the ackermann adjustment. I bet that probably is the one that suits to you. Stock setup is very good for almost conditions (you will be quite near of it).

Haven't played so much with the roll centers at all.
Old 08-17-2003, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: rear anti squat

Originally posted by Corse-R
Put the 'B' on the roll centers and the 'B' on the ackermann adjustment. I bet that probably is the one that suits to you. Stock setup is very good for almost conditions (you will be quite near of it).

Haven't played so much with the roll centers at all.
thanks mate for the tip
Old 08-17-2003, 12:15 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

know the manufacturer factory settings? I think I'll start with 3 turns out high needle and 2 1/2 low-end. Mid-needle is also off...should I just start screw flush with the surrounding housing?
for high end, try 4 turns out

make it rich first, then start slowly leaning it in
Old 08-17-2003, 12:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: rear anti squat

Originally posted by vones
running on small tracks n with rubbers is not my cup of tea..actually i think with such tracks better to go with C in frnt n A-A for the rear....

sorry wrong best for rubber tyres is b front, c rear

and it is not anti squat adjustments but roll center
Old 08-17-2003, 12:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by B
for high end, try 4 turns out

make it rich first, then start slowly leaning it in

no go with your original 4 is way to rich for a run engine
Old 08-17-2003, 12:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Uk rubber nats

just to let you know schumacher took the manufactures class, and qualified 7th in the A and came 9th my best result this year!! Mugen Mtx3 on rubber tyres!
Old 08-17-2003, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Uk rubber nats

Originally posted by Cartman
just to let you know schumacher took the manufactures class, and qualified 7th in the A and came 9th my best result this year!! Mugen Mtx3 on rubber tyres!
Congrats for the results, which track has been this round? I've run on many English track (simply curiosity).
Old 08-17-2003, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Where can I purchase the head shims and washer for the high end needle for my Novarossi engine??

-Puma
Old 08-17-2003, 06:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Manticore

I will need to take it on the track as I cannot test my MTX3 how free when I let the car roll on the ground
another test report yeah..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.