Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 07:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
The car just don't seem stable mid corner, always wanting to slide out on the rear or hook up on the front.
Hi,
IMO, the following may assist you, try it out and see if it works (assuming the rest are good already:-
A): Car pushes mid-corner while on power = try soften front springs one notch and/or stiffening rear springs one notch ;
B): Car too loose mid-corner while on power = try stiffening front springs one notch and/or softening rear springs one notch.
Just my 2cents, cheers.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CarKing
Does it matter what suspension mounts are used to acheive the degree of toe? For example for your front toe is 2 degrees. Would it matter if I used 1B and 1XB, 1A and 1XC, or 1X and 1XD since they all acheive the same toe angle?
yes, the different blocks have different lengths, so it will affect the width of the car. you can gain it back at thehub, but it has a different effect then if you widen it at the mount.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by proceed5
B): Car too loose mid-corner while on power = try stiffening front springs one notch and/or softening rear springs one notch.
Just my 2cents, cheers.

That works. I had that same problem and I did both. Altough I traction roll now if I go too hard into a corner.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I dunno, I tried that, and it just didn't help, I dunno, I think it is the front tyres rolling onto the sidewall, so I don't think it is a 'subtle' tuning it needs, I was considering adding 1' toe-out to the front suspension hinge pins, to act as an anti-dive.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CIVIC91
Well...the TA05 once again proved it's worth taking home 2nd and 4th (brushless foam class) against some fearce competition at one of our biggest races of the year! If anyone has questions as to whether this car can compete on carpet with foams...don't worry...it can
Similar story here. Though I haven't tried anything stronger than stock rubber yet(thinking about that after the Novak race), it picked up a win over the weekend here(driven by yours truly), & that was against cars of all makes, even the new XRay 007(& some older T2's). Seems the more I drive it, the closer to finding the right line to get those magic laps I get(still have only made the smallest of changes since I got it)....
Old 12-11-2006, 04:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
I dunno, I tried that, and it just didn't help, I dunno, I think it is the front tyres rolling onto the sidewall, so I don't think it is a 'subtle' tuning it needs, I was considering adding 1' toe-out to the front suspension hinge pins, to act as an anti-dive.
Toeing-out your front hinge pins (adding arm sweep) will actually make the car want to dump over the front end MORE. The arm sweep seems to increase the amount of weight transfer to the front end in the corner, and will make the car want to hook more than if the hinge pins are parallel. If you want to add anti-dive, do it by putting spacers under the front end's rear suspension block. Or if you're having traction rolling issues, maybe try raising your inner camber links (at the bulkhead)? I believe that will help the car corner flatter. Just some ideas. Good luck!
Old 12-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, its me again with another question, im getting new aramid drive belts and i was wondering, how tight should they be for maximum performance?

And Juan Valdez, are you from Colombia???

Thanks,

Juan
Old 12-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Juan Valdez
Toeing-out your front hinge pins (adding arm sweep) will actually make the car want to dump over the front end MORE. The arm sweep seems to increase the amount of weight transfer to the front end in the corner, and will make the car want to hook more than if the hinge pins are parallel. If you want to add anti-dive, do it by putting spacers under the front end's rear suspension block. Or if you're having traction rolling issues, maybe try raising your inner camber links (at the bulkhead)? I believe that will help the car corner flatter. Just some ideas. Good luck!
True.
On bigger tracks with sweeping corners, i add 0.5mm to 1.0mm spacers the Front-front sus-blocks as kick-up and where needed 0.5mm spacers to the Rear-front sus-blocks as anti-dive.
Do you guys use the same method as well?
Old 12-11-2006, 10:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by juanfinesse
Hey guys, its me again with another question, im getting new aramid drive belts and i was wondering, how tight should they be for maximum performance?

Thanks,
Juan
Hi
Would like to share that with my blue color belts, i set it loose enough so that without pinion attached with a push from finger, all 4 wheels rotate smoothly and gives good roll distance on ground.
Just my 2cents, Cheers.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

first post on this site and would just like to say its a great site nicley set up, ok im getting a ta05 for xmas and im getting quite a few hopups with is just wondering if u guys can gime sum warnings if iv puchased crap parts and things i should get in the future. the car will be used for drifting mostly, my ft tc3 is gettign a bit old thats all. im no noob to drifting either one couple of comps and participated in demos, so i no alot of the parts im getting are a bit of overkill but owell they look kool lol haha
cheers
hers wat iv orderd.
Tamiya RC ARTA NSX TA05 W/O ESC
Team Orion 15X2 SV2 Method R Motor
Yokomo SCR6712 Electric Speed Controller
TOPCAD Universal Joint/(Light Weight) For TA05
Yeah Racing Alloy Bearing C-Hub For TA05,TB02
Yeah Racing Alloy Front Knuckle Arm (BU) For TA05
Yeah Racing Alloy Rear Knuckle Arm (2Deg)(BU) For
Yeah Racing Alloy Turnbuckle Set For TA05
3Racing Graphite Front Shock Tower For Tamiya TA05
3Racing Graphite Rear Shock Tower For Tamiya TA05
3Racing Aluminium Steering Saver For Tamiya TA05
3Racing Graphite Chassis Conversion Kit For Tamiya TA
3Racing Alum Front And Rear Damper Set For Tamiya
Tamiya TRF415/TA05 Suspension Mount (A)
Tamiya TRF415/TA05 Suspension Mount (C)
Tamiya TA05 Stabilizer Set (F & R)
USD$404.10
Old 12-12-2006, 04:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

I believe I set mine 1 dot looser than the stock manual setting. They seemed to be a little more tight than the stock belts.
Originally Posted by juanfinesse

Thanks,

Juan
Old 12-12-2006, 07:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mr.Roboto
first post on this site and would just like to say its a great site nicley set up, ok im getting a ta05 for xmas and im getting quite a few hopups with is just wondering if u guys can gime sum warnings if iv puchased crap parts and things i should get in the future. the car will be used for drifting mostly, my ft tc3 is gettign a bit old thats all. im no noob to drifting either one couple of comps and participated in demos, so i no alot of the parts im getting are a bit of overkill but owell they look kool lol haha
cheers
hers wat iv orderd.
Tamiya RC ARTA NSX TA05 W/O ESC
Team Orion 15X2 SV2 Method R Motor
Yokomo SCR6712 Electric Speed Controller
TOPCAD Universal Joint/(Light Weight) For TA05
Yeah Racing Alloy Bearing C-Hub For TA05,TB02
Yeah Racing Alloy Front Knuckle Arm (BU) For TA05
Yeah Racing Alloy Rear Knuckle Arm (2Deg)(BU) For
Yeah Racing Alloy Turnbuckle Set For TA05
3Racing Graphite Front Shock Tower For Tamiya TA05
3Racing Graphite Rear Shock Tower For Tamiya TA05
3Racing Aluminium Steering Saver For Tamiya TA05
3Racing Graphite Chassis Conversion Kit For Tamiya TA
3Racing Alum Front And Rear Damper Set For Tamiya
Tamiya TRF415/TA05 Suspension Mount (A)
Tamiya TRF415/TA05 Suspension Mount (C)
Tamiya TA05 Stabilizer Set (F & R)
USD$404.10

wow, all that money spent on bling, gotta agree it's gonna look a beauty, but, buy some TRF dampers! They look cool and will actually do something to help the handling of your car.

have fun.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Can somebody tell me in detail what are the advantages of the Tamiya Reversible LW suspension kit for TA05 compare to the stock (besides the general that it is LW and there are more possibilities of adjustments).
I really would like to know (mostly from those who is using this Hop-Up) how much of an improvement could be experienced by using it on an asphalt high traction track (I race at the Hobby Town USA in Frederick “C”).
Lat say I got it and replace the original. What set up would you recommend for such track like the “C”?
Old 12-12-2006, 01:46 PM
Tech Adept

Yep definatly get the TRF dampers there are much better. also i would stay away from 3racing carbon fibre it isnt the best of quality but the rest of there stuff is great. if you want carbon fibre shock towers get the tamiya ones.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shift
Yep definatly get the TRF dampers there are much better. also i would stay away from 3racing carbon fibre it isnt the best of quality but the rest of there stuff is great. if you want carbon fibre shock towers get the tamiya ones.
yer i was giong to get the tamiya ones with the black cf chassis but the rc mart discontinued it the morning i was gunna buy it. so i changed al my cf parts to silver cf. thanks for the help with the dampers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.