Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 10:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

It's lame for them to be upfront about their parts situation before selling you a car? Hold on, let me make sure I've got this right:

XRay: Here's our fancy new car. We're going to sell the kits, so you can buy one if you'd like, but please be aware that we're not going to have spare parts available immediately. We'll get parts into the distribution chain as quickly as we're capable of doing so.

Drivers: Horray, a new car from our Overlord!
Drivers: I ordered mine. Me too! OMG me too! WTFROFLOMGBBQ I ordered mine!!!1shiftone!
Drivers: My kit is here. It's so beautiful, I can't wait to drive it.
Drivers: It drove great, right into the wall. Now it's broken and there are no parts.
Drivers: You suck XRay, how dare you sell me this car before spares were available.
Drivers: You're the great Overlord, you must protect us from ourselves.

XRay: STFU

Okay, I see your point. You guys are right, XRay is just terrible for this parts situation. Clearly they deserve your ire.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
Has anybody heard anything or do any testing to see if the diffrence in the rear toe-in is in the hubs or not?
YES, the rear toe problem is from hub carrier. Swapped one side with another t2 owner problem fixed. But, I have more toe at the hub than the other t2 owner.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

People buying off of the shelf of their local hobby shop didn't see the warning that they wouldn't be any parts available, did they? I'm guessing only the forum junkies knew this.

If it's any consolation, I've had a 1mm sway bar on order for my '05 for a few months now.

B
Old 01-23-2006, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Stormer has the 6mm hexs in stock
Old 01-23-2006, 10:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

i have watched the forums here and on the xray site about parts availabilty, and after trying to stay silent about the issue and not get caught up in the mix, i find i have to say something.... Personally i just switched to Xray after beign with the same manufacture for over 5 years. And i find it unnerving that people have the audacity to complain about parts availabilty and/or broken parts. The car i dropped to go to xray was sold, with no parts availabilty, while the team drivers had a TOTALLY different " prototype " of the car i just baught... yay... not to mention over a YEAR after buying the car a one way was FINALLY released... that was NOT in stock for over 3 months.... It took atleast 6 months for new ARMS to be made cause the stock positions werent even being used by most people. So if you think you have it rough with Xray ... think again... atleast the car is super competative out of the box, with MAYBE one upgrade.. instead of well you need to add this, and get these and.. oh we now have new arms out to replace these, and this that and the other. I baught my old car thinking i wouldnt need anything else, come to find out im struggling to be competative with a car , out of the box ( which was SUPPOSED to be competative out of the box ) and finding myself driving the car over the ragged edge all the time just to keep up. And if it did break, welp i was done, unless i could grab a part from another kit that someone had sittin on the shelf ( which happened more than once ) and this was 6 months AFTER its release mind you.

I do totally understand peoples frustration with buying a car, and breaking it and having to shelf it, i can totally understand that, but you took a risk and it bit you. I for one am glad the car came out first, instead of beign teased by parts on a shelf and no kit. If i broke my T2 tomorrow id be seriously bummed out, and i too would be frustrated, but i wouldnt blame Xray. Id blame myself or my notorious bad luck for it. They have went above and beyond what most companies do to make a "complete kit". Hell RCamerica even tossed in free foams. This car compaired to others is leaps and bounds ahead of any other. its quality, its fit, its ease of maintenance, and its drivabilty are top notch. You are given a spring chart, gearing chart for both 48 AND 64 pitch gears, a setup book, 2 setup sheets, EVERY non adjustable shock piston they offer + the adjustable ones, hell even a SHIM KIT for extra adjustments.

Im sorry for you guys that have broken T2's i really am, and i feel for you. To drive a car that great and now watch it sit on the shelf, it sucks major wang, but for the effort put into the kit already, i think i can tolerate this one small set back, that WILL be rectified in time. To me its more important to see that someone actually tried thier best to but out a FULLY competative car out of the box car, and give you all the information to do the best you can with it. I dont know of any other manufacture who can match that... at all. Kudos, Xray and the Xray team. I will patiently wait for my spares because the car is too damn good to get mad at it or xray
Old 01-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Tech Regular

I saw at RCmodel they have parts for T2, but the price!!!!, "ONE" drive shaft(spring steel) US$25.68, Wow, what up? Titanium is cheaper.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Nilsen
People buying off of the shelf of their local hobby shop didn't see the warning that they wouldn't be any parts available, did they? I'm guessing only the forum junkies knew this.B

Id say not many non "forum junkies" would have known to preorder the car, so thats pretty much a non issue.........
Old 01-23-2006, 11:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Can I get some replacement fuel for my new specialty-fuel powered car?

No, we told you there won't be fuel for weeks, but we actually meant there won't be fuel for months because of customs. Too bad you're in the middle of BFE with no fuel...we will tell our team driver to wave on his way by, though! You fool! You fell right into our trap...buying a car that has no fuel support, don't you dare buy our products again!

Sorry, I had to! XRAY is really a great company and has the best products in the industry. I'm just having a little vent session.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

For the guys sitting there with broken T2's and sad faces, you could always work on precision mousing skills while you're bored with nothing to do.

Mouse Precision Game
Old 01-24-2006, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Well, it was bound to happen. In practice tonight broke the shock body in half and ripped the ball stud out of the rear hub. T2 is eye candy until Xray gets some parts on the shelf.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
For the guys sitting there with broken T2's and sad faces, you could always work on precision mousing skills while you're bored with nothing to do.

Mouse Precision Game
Damn it, touched the walls!
Old 01-24-2006, 02:14 AM
Tech Adept

All parts are availeble here in europe .. www.viol-model-racing.de will ship.. Mail them and they will do it ... They have everything in stock ..
Old 01-24-2006, 07:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Well, it was bound to happen. In practice tonight broke the shock body in half and ripped the ball stud out of the rear hub. T2 is eye candy until Xray gets some parts on the shelf.
Sort it out then.....get the shocks off another car like tamiya or spomething and bolt them on and get 2 rear hubs froom hpi.......come on man dont give up just yet.

Sam
Old 01-24-2006, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
I did the same thing, wonder if this is going to be an issue with this car, I have never heard of anyone breaking a shock before
Old 01-24-2006, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me

Mouse Precision Game

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.