Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

They even had aluminum shock bodies as an option for the old shocks, but very few of the team drivers liked them as well as the plastic ones, we have one 05 with plastic, and one with aluminum, and cant really tell any difference....
Old 12-09-2005, 03:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

I've never had an XRAY car but will be pre-ordering this bad johnny - however I have a question for you XRAY veterans:

Considering the flexible upper deck and any other options released for the '05, do you guys see any possible future upgrades that might be released for the T2?

I don't race often these days and will mainly be doing low-intensity club racing so I don't want to just be racing a couple of times a month and find out there's some must-have option in the pipeline, which is why the T2 appeals to me with its Multiflex options. So I'm just wondering what you XRAY guys think might be released down the road.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:45 AM
Tech Regular

Frank,

Welcome to the world of Xray!

If your question is "will Xray stop looking at ways to improce the design of the T2?" I certainly hope not

I do believe that this latest offering has taken on board some of our comments regarding ease of maintainance and setup, but this is an ongoing eveloutionary process...
Old 12-09-2005, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

Default copper price

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
I am now a oil worker myself and i am still a card carring electrician. Have you seen the price of copper lately?
Yes,Every time I bid work. And then try to buy it or any other material a couple months later when it is time to do the work. Makes it tough to make margin------------ oh yeah that is where this started--- Tiny margins!!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank McKinney
I've never had an XRAY car but will be pre-ordering this bad johnny - however I have a question for you XRAY veterans:

Considering the flexible upper deck and any other options released for the '05, do you guys see any possible future upgrades that might be released for the T2?

I don't race often these days and will mainly be doing low-intensity club racing so I don't want to just be racing a couple of times a month and find out there's some must-have option in the pipeline, which is why the T2 appeals to me with its Multiflex options. So I'm just wondering what you XRAY guys think might be released down the road.

Frank what are you doing? Don't you work for HPI?
Old 12-09-2005, 06:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RCknight
Frank what are you doing? Don't you work for HPI?
DID

I work in the UK for the distributor of HPI/HB/XRAY/AH/TO/Nosram/Tornado/bunchofotherthings

So I can pick and choose! I choose the XRAY. It looks the closest to "the car I'd make if I could" and I like the adjustability of having one chassis do everything

My pre-order is already in so I should be one of the first in the UK (and the world? because XRAY is in Europe) to get the T2.

Now I just need to get down to the track a few times with my Pro 4's, to get the rust and cobwebs off the ol' skillz, before I sell them both to pay for the T2
Old 12-09-2005, 07:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ahsikes
This is probably an dated question, but gotta ask. I am an xray virgin, never owned any chassis.

I have owned almost every other car out at one time or another and was actually considering this car. My question is about the plastic shocks. Are they still plastic for this car. If the answer is yes, and not to keep this "manufacturing cost" going but why? I know the car works and has been a good car for years now, but why with all of the other beautiful pieces on this car would the shock bodies be plastic?

Even if they are updated this go round, why plastic all along? thanks.
The reason we use the plastic shock bodies is for weight purposes only. I personally have tested with both plastic and aluminium and I prefer the plastic and that goes for the rest of the Xray team. Why would you want to add the weight especially since the weight is up high with the shocks?

Ralph Burch
RCAmerica
Old 12-09-2005, 08:09 AM
Tech Addict

Hey Ralph,

What would be your guys best guess on a ETA?

Thank you very much for your time.

Nick
Old 12-09-2005, 08:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Hey Ralph Burch,

One question. There have been alot of people with the FK'05's who were splitting the front of there chassis's including myself. Did anybody take that into consideration when putting together the new car. Where there any changes done to prevent this from happening? I noticed there is no bumper top plate anymore.

Please respond to this question...Thank You.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thanks for the Reply Ralph.

As far as weight issue, that makes sense.

If the weight was an issue, why test with alumnium later?

The first car had plastic right? You then tried out the alumnium? Then the alumnium was offered as an option part?

I asked only because every other car seems fine with the alumnium shocks.

I know the x-ray is always on the cutting edge of ideas (mostly excellent ones) and they are always looking for ways to improve. I have read reviews about "shock issues" with previous models.

As I said I appreciate your reply and it does make sense. If you say they are better, then I believe it. The car looks great and this by no means reduces how good the car looks/performs. I would still and am still buying this car.I was just curious.

To answer your question about why I would put weight there, well, I just drive them not design them. We as consumers just get to ask questions about why did you do that? or why not? When there is probably a very rational reason why every screw was placed/removed. As long as the car works, I will drive it. . Have a great weekend.

Last edited by ahsikes; 12-09-2005 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

I have a question for you XRAY veterans:

THAT, No-one can predict But a good guess is that it might, but only when it matter. Juraj is the worlds most hard woking man, doing booth shifts, 7 days a week, only to improve the products. Constant.
That man is by every means, proud of his products, and wantīs nothing more than that we are too. And we are
Old 12-09-2005, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ahsikes
Thanks for the Reply Ralph.

As far as weight issue, that makes sense.

If the weight was an issue, why test with alumnium later?

The first car had plastic right? You then tried out the alumnium? Then the alumnium was offered as an option part?
The Aluminum shock bodies have been around since the original T1...it wasn't a new part for the FK/FK05
Old 12-09-2005, 11:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
Hey Ralph Burch,

One question. There have been alot of people with the FK'05's who were splitting the front of there chassis's including myself. Did anybody take that into consideration when putting together the new car. Where there any changes done to prevent this from happening? I noticed there is no bumper top plate anymore.

Please respond to this question...Thank You.
Hi, I know Im not Ralph but....

The problem with the chassis delaminating or cracking is because of the bumper unit (including screws attaching it etc) is too stiff. When someone hits a barrier or kerb, all the force from the impact is going straight to the chassis, as the bumper unit does not have enough flex in it. The middle screw in the chassis that goes into the bumper is very strong as it is held in place with a nut as well. So if you hit something hard, that screw isn't going to budge, it will be the chassis that does.

What most of the team drivers are doing at the moment is taking this middle screw out from the chassis and then CA glueing the countersinking. This makes sure that you have a bit more flex in the bumper unit and it will stop the chassis from delaminating or cracking.

I never had a problem with the chassis breaking, although I removed the screw a while ago and my chassis is in good condition. Although I haven't heard one person that has broken their chassis since they removed this screw.

By looking at the new T2, the bumper does not attach to the bulkhead like the FK05. It is still held in by three screws at the bottom but because it is held in by only 3 screws rather then 5 it may give more flex and stop the chassis from breaking. Having said that, we will have to see what happens when we get our T2s. Although Im sure they will be bang on.

Hope this helps, sorry about the waffling.

Jonny
Old 12-09-2005, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

DID

I choose the XRAY. It looks the closest to "the car I'd make if I could" and I like the adjustability of having one chassis do everything
Yep...yep...same here. As far as the shaft cars go, Pro4 has my pick though.

Last edited by RCknight; 12-12-2005 at 12:39 AM.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

thanks on the info about the shocks, but I did not say the alumnium ones were out with the fk05, just that they were in fact out after the plastics were.

That info was off of this site a few posts back, I don't know the exact release date of them, just that they were offered as an option.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.