Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

All in all I'd say that the complaints are still rather minor when you consider that information on the car was leaked prior to it being ready for release and due to public demand the car was released ahead of schedule.

Parts supply is an issue with ANY new kit release, and apparently parts will be arriving in time for the Snowbirds...

The hubs can be attributed, as Xray indicated to manufacturing tolerances on molded composite pieces.

I haven't been bitten personally by the tweak bug with the T2 yet...I'll keep driving it and checking it...all I know is that even a few laps in with the new car it already felt more precise, agressive and yet more comfortable than my previous car...
Old 01-28-2006, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

All in all I'd say that the complaints are still rather minor when you consider that information on the car was leaked prior to it being ready for release and due to public demand the car was released ahead of schedule.

You cant magic a car out of nowhere, production was on schedule.

Parts supply is an issue with ANY new kit release, and apparently parts will be arriving in time for the Snowbirds...

The issue was that rcamerica decided to hang to their shipment of spares rather than distribute it.

The hubs can be attributed, as Xray indicated to manufacturing tolerances on molded composite pieces.

I appreciate this, but then fess up and say you are going to make good, do not advise people to "shim it out" - again, be upfront.

I haven't been bitten personally by the tweak bug with the T2 yet...I'll keep driving it and checking it...all I know is that even a few laps in with the new car it already felt more precise, agressive and yet more comfortable than my previous car...

You will, buy the new top deck, that will fix it. The issue is that holes in the deck are too large.

[/QUOTE]
Old 01-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Suspended

Andy,
Where did you hear about the holes being too big? It doesn't matter cause the new one is coming but would like to know.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My opinion:

Do they need to send replacement rear hubs for free? YES, for sure.

On the other hand, I ran my T2 today (19T foam) for the first time since I built it 3 days ago, it was fast out of the box. First round TQ'ed, about a lap slower than my RDX (current track record), did some tweaking, on a track record run in the Main until I made a bonehead move and got t-boned and the batteries got tweaked, still won and bettered then my TQ today. Car is fast out of the box, that's what matters. So no complain on the rear hubs since mine is just like everyone else's, a little bit off, but heck did I care? NO.

What's fragile on the car? I broke a c-hub and knuckle today, robbed it out of my team owner's T2, all is good. Now if RC America getting parts on Wed, they better get it shipped on Thurs cause we are paying next day shipping, we have 6 T2's locally and only 3 can run as this moment.

Dom
Old 01-28-2006, 06:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hey guys, wanna shed some good vibes in here given all the frustation on parts (which i can totally understand). i am from manila and am the first guy at our local track to have a T2. i got it last week and finally got to run it in modified class yesterday using an 8T. the car is basically box stock - only thing did was run the medium chassis setting since i run at an outdoor asphalt track. all i can say is this car is great! the first run in quali was bad but that was coz i got to the track late and was in a rush just to get the car running. dint set my diff properly (it was slipping) and i used an old set of tires which gave very little traction. i decided to skip the second quali so i could prep my car up properly and assemble a new set of tires for the mains -this meant id have to start from the back of the grid though. despite that, i was able to take the first two mains and the win in a triple main format. this is somthing ive been struggling to do when i was running my ft-tc4 the past few months. dont get me wrong, the tc4 is a great car as well and i do very well with it in spec racing (stock and 19T) - might just be a bit tougher to tune right in mod.

the t2 was just so smooth and stable and too easy to drive. it was easy to push the car (since i had to work my way up from back of the grid) without loosing control. and it was very consistent! i felt i had a bit of a push on-power but that should be fixed easily. i'll fiddle with my droop settings first then work from there.

... im also waiting on parts to become avialable locally. hopefully that will be soon. when they arrive, i'll have to peace of mind to really start pushing the car to it limits without fear of breaking stuff.

p-dub: any way i can get one of your bumpers shipped all the way here in manila? im sure it will be a big help in keeping the front end intact. please let me know. thanks!
Old 01-28-2006, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BritRacer

You cant magic a car out of nowhere, production was on schedule.

The issue was that rcamerica decided to hang to their shipment of spares rather than distribute it.

I appreciate this, but then fess up and say you are going to make good, do not advise people to "shim it out" - again, be upfront.

You will, buy the new top deck, that will fix it. The issue is that holes in the deck are too large.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, there is a huge difference between production ramp up and jumping headlong into full production...

I'm personally not sweating the tiny amount my hubs are out as the car felt great on the track, was tracking straight and true and was handling fantastic from the moment I set it on the track.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

At what point do you think it is not OK???

would you feel the same if it was 2, 3, 4 degrees out???
Old 01-28-2006, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How much will be the hub? 7$?
Old 01-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Yea...

Actually, there is a huge difference between production ramp up and jumping headlong into full production...

I'm personally not sweating the tiny amount my hubs are out as the car felt great on the track, was tracking straight and true and was handling fantastic from the moment I set it on the track.[/QUOTE]

Xray and Corrally actually listen to their customers. I wouldn't sweat it and I'm sure they will have it fixed in no time. At least they admit a problem and that means a lot in my book.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Like I said...mine are out only a very small fractionof a degree in the rear..I can't feel the difference....it tracks every bit as straight and turns evenly both directions to my perceptions...

That is what I base my judgement on...I personally don't have a problem with the state of my car....
Old 01-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by J@UNE
How much will be the hub? 7$?
T1 rear uprights are $5.95 at Stormer (based on a quick check)...it's reasonable to thnk the T2 wil be priced similarly
Old 01-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Chris:

Hi,

I still haven't got a T2. too many other things going on right now. I would like to hear your input on the T2 tho. as I will have one for next season or later this year if Josh keeps his track open all summer long.

TTL

Thanks
Old 01-28-2006, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BritRacer
At what point do you think it is not OK???

would you feel the same if it was 2, 3, 4 degrees out???
brit.....you have been so unhappy with this car since you got it, you dont like xray or rc america service, you complain and make a big deal about everything, have you considered getting another brand of car ?? if your that unhappy make a change of some kind, befor it came out you were willing to climb a fence at the airport to get one, now that you have it all you do is grip and complain, I can ask around the rdx or losi threads, maybe they would like what you have to offer.........
Old 01-28-2006, 08:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

I agree with you MDOC.....Just have fun and race....No whinning...

I love my T2, no problems in two weeks. Two TQ's and two wins , no tweak, no problems, just victories.

Kevin
Old 01-28-2006, 08:22 PM
Suspended

I know Andy aka Britracer and he just wants a product that is right the first time just like everyone else. He is just a little more outspoken about it. The racing at our track is very competative and having anything that is below par such as the tweak problem from a flapper tap can prevent anyone from being in the "A". After my first two heats on Sunday, I was walking around the pits asking if anyone was interested in a new T2 because I was already sick of the few problems it had. No one, especially around the Dallas area, expected problems which are on par with the 05 car. We live in Xray country and expect things to be right. I will say that when my car was not tweaked the car still tracked straight and was very fast. Not so quick when it was tweaked. I ordered the crc topdeck because of this problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.