Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Official AE RC18 Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2020, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Anyone have a servo for sale that would fit in RC18? Got another one off of here and the servo was seized tight
Old 12-26-2020, 10:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Nice rig! Where did you get your wheels and tires from?

I have an 18R and am on my last set of tires before they're toast, and noticed that we don't have many(any) options for finding original RC18R wheels/tires.
Old 01-26-2021, 07:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

New RC18T owner here. Just got into minis recently and this little rig, although vintage, looks very capable. I need a few small parts to make it complete, but I can't wait to try it out.
jojji22 likes this.
Old 03-29-2021, 10:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

I posted in WTB but haven't gotten much response, if anyone has one of these they want to sell please let me know. Anything from parts car to fully upgraded. Thanks.
Old 07-03-2021, 07:46 PM
Tech Addict

I'm casually back into the RC hobby and picked up a lot that had two Ts and a late model. Had lots of fun tearing it down and swapping parts around to build the LM into a T2. And with a little bit of CAD and 3D printing I got to fit the JC Mini-T body and B wing on quite nicely.

There are lots of early RC18 partial and full rolling chassis on eBay right now if anyone is still looking for one.
Old 02-02-2022, 05:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Not sure if it has been asked, but does anyone make adapters to use the new Losi mini wheels since its hard to find 1/18 tires now a days? I have 1/10 adapters, but the losi ones would be nice to run.
Old 02-27-2022, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default UDI UD, Arma SG, Mini Infraction 1:16

I’m an old member and looks like I haven’t logged in for 11 years. I still have a couple built RC18Bs and RC18Rs all brushless with Exotek and Atomic carbon chassis. I loved playing with these until the kids came along. Now, that my boys are older, we started playing around with them in the driveway until I found out the parts, tires, and bodies aren’t so easy to get. Is there another alternative that maybe can be retro fitted like the UDI and Arma 1:16 scales? Considering the costs, I may just opt to buy them. I was surprised there’s no thread started for them.
Old 11-22-2022, 08:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I ordered some Mini-B 2.0 hex's and will be trying them shortly with Mini-B 2.0 wheels/tires.
Old 11-23-2022, 07:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Still have my old 18t stuff, fun cars
Old 11-23-2022, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

It turns out that the Mini-B hex's and pin's fit really well. No slop whatsoever and they are a tight, press fit.

LOS212011
Old 11-29-2022, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wrxnfx
I’m an old member and looks like I haven’t logged in for 11 years. I still have a couple built RC18Bs and RC18Rs all brushless with Exotek and Atomic carbon chassis. I loved playing with these until the kids came along. Now, that my boys are older, we started playing around with them in the driveway until I found out the parts, tires, and bodies aren’t so easy to get. Is there another alternative that maybe can be retro fitted like the UDI and Arma 1:16 scales? Considering the costs, I may just opt to buy them. I was surprised there’s no thread started for them.
Hard to get parts unfortunately, but if your looking at new stuff then the Associated Reflex 14B/T might be worth a look
Old 12-21-2022, 05:53 PM
Tech Rookie

^^^Similar situation here. Slowly getting back into the hobby, I was heavily into it back around 2005 but now I feel like I'm a super noob again. I had a RC18T when they initially came out, loved it, but stupid me sold it or traded it for other rc car stuff; I missed that little guy. Few months back I finally bought a used one off good ol' eBay. Has a "Fireball" (370?) motor in it and it doesn't really drive good (aside from the dreadful steering/drag link). It will drive momentarily then cut out and feel like the radio is losing signal with it. But the plan is to upgrade it as much as I can and make it something sweet, but yeah, wtf happened to all the parts!!?? Seems almost as though parts for my Gs Storm I've held onto are easier to come by than a "newer" model rc.

I do have some questions that maybe some can shine some light on? I want a brushless setup in this 18T but not sure what system to go with. I've noticed Mamba is still relevant, I'm guessing that's my best bet? I definitely want more power and speed, but not so much that you can hardly track it because it does wheelies everywhere. Idk if I'll race it but I would like more of a "race-leaning" setup than something for bashing. Also, do I have any steering servo options? Did have another question but it escaped me as soon as I went to type it..
Old 01-14-2023, 02:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RyanA89
^^^Similar situation here. Slowly getting back into the hobby, I was heavily into it back around 2005 but now I feel like I'm a super noob again. I had a RC18T when they initially came out, loved it, but stupid me sold it or traded it for other rc car stuff; I missed that little guy. Few months back I finally bought a used one off good ol' eBay. Has a "Fireball" (370?) motor in it and it doesn't really drive good (aside from the dreadful steering/drag link). It will drive momentarily then cut out and feel like the radio is losing signal with it. But the plan is to upgrade it as much as I can and make it something sweet, but yeah, wtf happened to all the parts!!?? Seems almost as though parts for my Gs Storm I've held onto are easier to come by than a "newer" model rc.

I do have some questions that maybe some can shine some light on? I want a brushless setup in this 18T but not sure what system to go with. I've noticed Mamba is still relevant, I'm guessing that's my best bet? I definitely want more power and speed, but not so much that you can hardly track it because it does wheelies everywhere. Idk if I'll race it but I would like more of a "race-leaning" setup than something for bashing. Also, do I have any steering servo options? Did have another question but it escaped me as soon as I went to type it..
I would honestly go for a Castle Sidewinder Micro 2 ESC. It should suit your RC18T perfectly.
Old 09-05-2023, 03:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey how are you? I have one question
I have rc18r, the parts of rc18b and rc18t, are they the same as those of rc18r if there is a difference i guess it will be for a small part.. can someone tell me what is different about rc18b and rc18t so i know what i should not buy. Basically I need the spur and diff the most, can I find these parts from another brand and model and fit the rc18r?

Thank you
Old 10-17-2023, 08:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by minix
Hey how are you? I have one question
I have rc18r, the parts of rc18b and rc18t, are they the same as those of rc18r if there is a difference i guess it will be for a small part.. can someone tell me what is different about rc18b and rc18t so i know what i should not buy. Basically I need the spur and diff the most, can I find these parts from another brand and model and fit the rc18r?

Thank you
Pretty sure diff parts are the same and spur too but maybe not the same amount of teeth on the spur. I know the suspension is different in size , such as arm length