Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 06:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

One of our locals is starting up a new RC Biz, calling it TQ Monkey. He brings in the Yeah racing stuff. Should be able to get the fan in the us very soon. I really like thier clip on fan mount.

Originally Posted by cwoods34
The Muchmore fans are too fragile in my opinion..... Despite my issues with their ESCs, I've had the clear Novak fans last forever, even with chipped blades.

Amain doesn't carry my favorite.... The TORNADO (Yeah Racing). That thing can blow over a brick house.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

http://www.sidepieceracing.com/products/seis/

These work great.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
One of our locals is starting up a new RC Biz, calling it TQ Monkey. He brings in the Yeah racing stuff. Should be able to get the fan in the us very soon. I really like their clip on fan mount.
That would be awesome..... RC Mart has good prices, but I hate waiting so long for just fans since they don't carry S411 parts keep us posted!
Old 06-17-2012, 02:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

well i got to try the new RCM shocks today. stolen from my 747.
with 3 hole front 4 hole rear, 500cst front and 450 cst rear, orange front and white rear spring, car was the best it has been since i had it. 3 things were tried today, new shocks new body and new SP software. all i can say is the extra Speed of the software, and the Blitz XFR the car was a dream to drive all day.
big thumbs up for the new shocks.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
with 3 hole front 4 hole rear, 500cst front and 450 cst rear, orange front and white rear spring, car was the best it has been since i had it. 3 things were tried today, new shocks new body and new SP software. all i can say is the extra Speed of the software, and the Blitz XFR the car was a dream to drive all day.
Did you use the two o-rings or just one with a spacer to free it up some?
Old 06-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

I ran my Associated shocks on the car for a long time.... They have Reflex pistons and bladders so they are basically the smoothest available. After running the car with both bladder-style and the originals I can say that the car was always easier to drive on the Associated shocks, at least on carpet. I always loved TRF shocks so I plan to pick up a set to try.... They work great on every other TC, so the Snake should be no exception!
Old 06-17-2012, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JETT
Did you use the two o-rings or just one with a spacer to free it up some?
both o rings used.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Car is really good right now, I am runnung strong and finishing well. I thnk I will try the v2 diff next. just to see how it goes
Old 06-18-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Looks like I have one coming my way, picked up a clean roller for 200 shipped so I did Ok with the price. Where are you guys having the best luck finding parts?

Orca... if you can, maybe shoot me some baseline VTA set-up info, I will be running the car on parking lot asphalt. Rear grip is an issue at this track sometimes, and my test/tune time is very limited, will want to get it close pretty quickly. Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
Looks like I have one coming my way, picked up a clean roller for 200 shipped so I did Ok with the price. Where are you guys having the best luck finding parts?

Orca... if you can, maybe shoot me some baseline VTA set-up info, I will be running the car on parking lot asphalt. Rear grip is an issue at this track sometimes, and my test/tune time is very limited, will want to get it close pretty quickly. Thanks for the help in advance.
If a LHS doesn't stock parts, I always have great luck with A-main and Serpent America......

www.amainhobbies.com, www.serpentamerica.com
Old 06-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cwoods34
I ran my Associated shocks on the car for a long time.... They have Reflex pistons and bladders so they are basically the smoothest available. After running the car with both bladder-style and the originals I can say that the car was always easier to drive on the Associated shocks, at least on carpet. I always loved TRF shocks so I plan to pick up a set to try.... They work great on every other TC, so the Snake should be no exception!
Were your shocks setup for zero rebound?

On a side note, a fellow racer informed me that Martin Crisp is getting out of rc, this would be a great loss for us.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

i have about 25% rebound on my shocks.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Were your shocks setup for zero rebound?

On a side note, a fellow racer informed me that Martin Crisp is getting out of rc, this would be a great loss for us.
I believe he made an informal announcement on Facebook saying he's retiring "indefinitely".......
Old 06-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Looking at the parts on the S411 Sport, the nylon spool with the aluminum outers might be a good tuning piece. Should be quite a bit lower rotational weight.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

i have about 25% rebound on my shocks.
Thanks. I know the asphalt guys seem to like some rebound. I think I'm going to try zero rebound on the carpet......I'll let you know when I get a chance to run them.

I also have been trying a few more changes on the Exotech chassis, I found that the Exo (2.25) with the stock, uncut 2.50 top deck has made for a awesome handling car. I wouldn't have believed this till I tried it. Not sure if the 2.50 top plate came with the very first V1 cars or not, I know the 2.50 chassis came with all my cars originally. In any matter if you have one (2.50 top deck) give it a try on carpet, you might like the way it works.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.