Search
Like Tree445Likes

Tamiya M-08

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 07:28 AM
Tech Rookie

No replys from shapeways or sculpteo yet. Although I asked twice

But now I am allowed to post links here
Here is a video where you can compare the play between the original and my c-hub.

Can someone post a pic from a broken c-hub, please? That I can see where I should reinforce my version.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

How are people glueing their tires or are they? Sidewalls front glued? I'm not using sweeps just yet.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:07 AM
Tech Adept

From Tamiyablog:
upcoming 2020 Tamiya releases: 51635 1/10 VW Karmann Ghia Body Parts Set (M-chassis)
Well done Tamiya !
Raman, ruebiracer and RSCLIOS like this.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

hmm There’s also a Citroen Charleston light weight lol. I’d like to see someone run that at a TCS race

Nonetheless an improvement. Keep them coming Tamiya. I want the Renault R5 for TCS concours.. hopefully it’s will be available before April.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raman
I’ll be venturing down the 0 + 0 combo shortly as M07 parts arrive will let you know how it goes around tbe track
I'm guessing it will be a handful ….. but …. maybe ….
Old 12-06-2019, 10:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Wandering steering

Ran my new M-08 for the first time tonight. Much like my M06 I can't get the steering to track straight and trim well. Any tips or suggestions on how to get the steering working as best it can on the M08?
Old 12-07-2019, 04:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by last5liter
Ran my new M-08 for the first time tonight. Much like my M06 I can't get the steering to track straight and trim well. Any tips or suggestions on how to get the steering working as best it can on the M08?
What exactly is your problem? Running at constant Speed, or accelerating in a straight line? Weight distribution / tweak can cause problems, or toe setting, too. Also, if you played with the downstop screws, and they are not set equal left/right.

Br,
Matthias
Old 12-07-2019, 04:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by irvinew
How are people glueing their tires or are they? Sidewalls front glued? I'm not using sweeps just yet.
I used S-Grips front / rear last weekend by regulations. Blue carpet, grip was coming up at Sunday, but it was sufficient to glue the outer edge between the side wall and the tread. The small stripe around 1,5mm wide. Otherwise I had grip roll on my M08 in some corners.

Br,
Matthias
Old 12-07-2019, 09:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ruebiracer
What exactly is your problem? Running at constant Speed, or accelerating in a straight line? Weight distribution / tweak can cause problems, or toe setting, too. Also, if you played with the downstop screws, and they are not set equal left/right.

Br,
Matthias
I would say its both. The main concern is while running. Having the car have a pull down the straight isn't fun. Seems no matter how I try to adjust the steering trim. Incant get it to track perfect.
I haven't played with droop or alignment per sey. But I plan to.
Any suggestions on the steering rack system? It seems a bit sloppy
Old 12-08-2019, 03:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by last5liter
I would say its both. The main concern is while running. Having the car have a pull down the straight isn't fun. Seems no matter how I try to adjust the steering trim. Incant get it to track perfect.
I haven't played with droop or alignment per sey. But I plan to.
Any suggestions on the steering rack system? It seems a bit sloppy
Yes, steering system is a bit sloppy after run in. But with the alloy steering it doesnīt get better. I shimmed the plastic original steering, and switched to the new Tamiya open end ball cups. Stil not 100% slop free, due to the slop in the C-hubs, but I have no problems at the track now. But my friend and me were running up to 2° toe out last weekend, which helped us for straight line stability, too. Raman also described some comments back, how he shimmed the alloy steering rack to get less play. With the droop you should at least check, if both arms left and right drop the same amount, when lifting the car at both axles. If not, you will not load the tires equally left to right and get problems with going straight. What tires and surface do you run on? Low grip situations will not make it better.
Good luck for fixing your problem,
Matthias
Old 12-08-2019, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Just wondering has anybody put their car on four scales or a tweak board ?

Thanks
Old 12-08-2019, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

I put mine this week on a Corner weight scale after my first real race. Had a bit of Problem starting from Zero in the starting grid, pulling to the left side. But I had been lazy and didnīt have the M08 balanced yet. As we use the Carson Dragster 3 ESC thereīs quite a heavy load to be equalized. Nearly all my Friends put the ESC on the opposite side of the engine, to balance already by the location. I now put my Receiver on the right side plus 15g tire balance weight. With CVA dampers I Chose the way to put 0,5mm shims above the lower ring eye under the spring seat. By that I got now a acceptable balance with less than 10gr. difference left to right on each axle. Good enough for me.

Old 12-08-2019, 10:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Today i had my first run with the M08 and the car is a blast to drive. Allthough my M07 runs also great and fast but i've been 0.4s faster with the M08 over the M07 at the same strack layout. No gleuing on the front tires and with the exception of a anti-roll bar the car is as good as standard.
Grip level is medium to high.

I've also been busy with designing and 3D printing a rear spoiler for the MX-5 and it hold pretty well even though i've been hit from behind it's still in 1 piece.
The whole idea was to design a spoiler that looks as real as possible and it worked out very well (i think) :-)

hobbyten likes this.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by addicted2blue
Today i had my first run with the M08 and the car is a blast to drive. Allthough my M07 runs also great and fast but i've been 0.4s faster with the M08 over the M07 at the same strack layout. No gleuing on the front tires and with the exception of a anti-roll bar the car is as good as standard.
Grip level is medium to high.

I've also been busy with designing and 3D printing a rear spoiler for the MX-5 and it hold pretty well even though i've been hit from behind it's still in 1 piece.
The whole idea was to design a spoiler that looks as real as possible and it worked out very well (i think) :-)

Very cool work! Looks really scale on the MX5! Which stabi did you use?
Br,
Matthias
Old 12-08-2019, 11:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ruebiracer
Very cool work! Looks really scale on the MX5! Which stabi did you use?
Br,
Matthias
Soft at the rear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.