Like Tree447Likes

Tamiya M-08

Old 04-26-2024, 11:48 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I have a 4 plate on one car and 5 plate on the other. Don't notice a major difference. Have not tried the 6 yet personally.

I forget what the default plastic caster plate is on the M07. I think it is 5 degree but do not quote me. If that is the case, you can just get the 4 or 6 to experiment. Or save money and just stick to the plastic 5 degree plate since you have it already.
Old 04-27-2024, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

IIRC the M07 comes with a 4 degree plate. If you want to use the more robust M07 knuckles / hubs (which have 0 degrees) you should use the 4 degree plate to begin with. In this very thread here is hidden some info on that the M08 the knuckles hub are actually around 2 degrees, so for a closer match you have to shim the 4 degree plate a little to get the whole assembly to around 2 degrees - unless you actually want to increase caster.
ruebiracer likes this.
Old 04-27-2024, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sounds good I’ll start with 4. Appreciate the help