Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 04:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Right from Losi`s site .

Silver: An excellent all-around tire compound. Silver compound tires work best in situations where the Red compound tires provide too much grip. You will commonly use Silver front tires to help desensitize the front end and take steering away.

Red: Red compound tires are widely used on hard-packed outdoor racetracks. Losis red compound tires provide exceptional bite and tread life. The Red compound is softer than the Silver compound, yet slightly firmer than White.

White: Tires molded from the White compound rubber will have increased grip when compared to the same tire in a Red or Silver compound. If you are searching for more grip on one or both ends of your vehicle, a White compound tire will yield more traction.

Pink: Pink compound tires are the hot ticket when racing on tacky indoor tracks that have a lot of traction. If youre racing on a track that calls for a low-profile pin, give the pink compound a try.

Blue: Designed to handle the rigors of 1/8-scale nitro racing, blue compound tires provide a competitive advantage to nitro fanatics.
surface application ty
Old 08-16-2008, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

Is a radio tray brace such as ones from Extreme or King Headz recommended for the 8ight B & T? I have not seen any photos of the pros running them.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by polarismaster
Is a radio tray brace such as ones from Extreme or King Headz recommended for the 8ight B & T? I have not seen any photos of the pros running them.
You don`t need it , just make sure you setup the throttle/brake linkages correctly .
Old 08-16-2008, 07:47 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just make sure to shim the servo's UP so they dont touch the chassy...and also like briguy said the EPA's and linkages are very important.

also on a side note....the pro's run nothing for hopups....drake runs the alum servo arm on the anchorman....alum horn on the servo.....and Maby the rear inserts for the diff...but not 100% positive...i cant remember exactly what he said on Neobuggy's "ask the pro" thread.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Integra
Just make sure to shim the servo's UP so they dont touch the chassy...and also like briguy said the EPA's and linkages are very important.

also on a side note....the pro's run nothing for hopups....drake runs the alum servo arm on the anchorman....alum horn on the servo.....and Maby the rear inserts for the diff...but not 100% positive...i cant remember exactly what he said on Neobuggy's "ask the pro" thread.
Thanks. I think I will take mine out. Never had a problem before putting one in. Installed one and blew a throttle servo in a 30 minute main. Did forget to adjust the throttle linkage for the higher servo mounting position though.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I bought some max life shoes. Should I use 4 of the same springs?

Thanks
Rafael
Old 08-16-2008, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Depends if you want all 4 shoe's engaging at the same time ?

It depends how you want the clutch to feel ......

I use all gold springs , But its high grip surfaces I race on......

2 gold and 2 green is susposed to be good with the max lifes .....

Like I said it's all about how you want the clutch to feel !!

Rod
Old 08-16-2008, 02:37 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlett21
if it's losi comp's we're talking about it goes
silver= soft
red= hard
pink= clay m/s
blue m/h longwear
Not what tracks or circumstances they work for, my list is for whether the tire itself is soft or hard compound.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Merciless
Depends if you want all 4 shoe's engaging at the same time ?

It depends how you want the clutch to feel ......

I use all gold springs , But its high grip surfaces I race on......

2 gold and 2 green is susposed to be good with the max lifes .....

Like I said it's all about how you want the clutch to feel !!

Rod
Thanks Rod. This is my first buggy and I like the way the clutch feels from the factory. I think I'll stick with the stock spring setup.

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I had to come home from the track really early today. I burnt up a steering servo, and my battery pack was scorching hot. Switch wires were melted. Throttle servo, receiver and transponder were just fine. I'm not sure what could cause this.

Thoughts?
Old 08-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Semple
I had to come home from the track really early today. I burnt up a steering servo, and my battery pack was scorching hot. Switch wires were melted. Throttle servo, receiver and transponder were just fine. I'm not sure what could cause this.

Thoughts?
Possibly a short in the wires or the battery itself.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Need a new throtlte/breaking servo...

Hey Everyone,

I think I fried my throttle servo today while tooling around at home for a few tanks. It was the original servo that came with my rtr when I got it new two months ago. I'm pretty sure it's fried because the steering servo was still working but all of a sudden, no gas, just stuck on idle and it wouldn't break either. Oh well, life goes on. Any thoughts on a good replacement for around $60 to $70? I rarely get to a track as I'm currently recovering from a below the knee amputation. I really just drive around home pretty light stuff. Bashing light if you will. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!
Old 08-17-2008, 07:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Runaway Jim
Hey Everyone,

I think I fried my throttle servo today while tooling around at home for a few tanks. It was the original servo that came with my rtr when I got it new two months ago. I'm pretty sure it's fried because the steering servo was still working but all of a sudden, no gas, just stuck on idle and it wouldn't break either. Oh well, life goes on. Any thoughts on a good replacement for around $60 to $70? I rarely get to a track as I'm currently recovering from a below the knee amputation. I really just drive around home pretty light stuff. Bashing light if you will. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!
It sounds like your receiver pack just died
Old 08-17-2008, 07:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Pretty much everybody around here have them, the pros are fast anyways, thats why they dont use all the hop-ups. For those of us who aren't need all the help we can get!
Old 08-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Should've bought a race roller! About 80% done with my fresh stock 8B kit and has the following issues
1. One of the diff cups is warped preventing install - luckily had extra from 8T spare parts
2. WTF a 8T front center shaft was included instead of the much shorter 8B shaft, found out after I installed the wrong shaft in - luckily ordered an extra one
3. Rear center driveshaft is too short!, Have to go to hardware shop and look for shims.

WTH is wrong with losi these days, my 1 year old 8T was immaculate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.