Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

i took the pinion off and it seems to roll fine but a keep hearing clicking sound. i think i might be coming from the spur as it seems to wobble a little bit. any suggestions? o yea i also bought the stock 87 to run cause it was running a 72, see if that helps
Old 06-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Sounds like it might be the belt hitting the screws that hold the spur on I had to get shorter screws cause I had same problem. Check that out and see what happens for ya.

Originally Posted by TeckLancer
i took the pinion off and it seems to roll fine but a keep hearing clicking sound. i think i might be coming from the spur as it seems to wobble a little bit. any suggestions? o yea i also bought the stock 87 to run cause it was running a 72, see if that helps
Old 06-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Tech Addict

Rick Howard Reedy Race Setup

Potential useful resource
Old 06-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

if you here a clicking noise check the screws that you are using to hold the spur gear in place... you may have used screws that might have been to long and the screws could be making the clicking noise ... the screws or maybe just one screw might be scraping against the top deck.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

k thanks ill check that as soon as i have a chance
Old 06-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey guys, I posted this in the for sale/trade forum but I figured I would let you guys know about it too, I dont know if anyone is looking for another car for a backup or any thing but im selling two TC5's.

The rubber tire car has never been ran, the other car that was built for foam tires and has been ran about 4 race days.

Chassis on both cars have been sanded and sealed.
Both cars have all hard parts and aluminum diffs front and rear.
Rubber tire car has chassis protection film and IFT top deck.
The only spare parts that I have are the original plasitc parts that came with the car, I also have 2 mounted unpainted mazda 6 bodies.

Im asking $255 each, payment via pay pal, Sorry no trades.

Sean
Old 06-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

If you are running the blue washers, as seen on the TC5R pictures and your spur gear wobbles, it might be hitting them. It has happened to me.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just a note about Rick Hohward's setup posted. I tried it this past weekend in SC, track temp got up to 137* and I only made two small changes front springs went to silver and changed the front shock oil to 35 wt. Other then that it was great!!!!! I have only been racing TC for five months now and I was only half a second behind the fastest qualifier in the A main!! Was great. I am planning on saving this for hot track temps with medium traction!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Sorry guys I lost track of who I have and have not sent my setup. Use this link if you have not received the setup via email. The setup should appear on AE's website soon as well.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Sorry guys I lost track of who I have and have not sent my setup. Use this link if you have not received the setup via email. The setup should appear on AE's website soon as well.
Hello,

Thanks for posting your setup on AE's website.

I've some questions concerning this setup :

Why are you using anti-Dive and, please, can you explain the rear lower shock mount position?

Thank you,
Sebastien.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by S_fender
Hello,

Thanks for posting your setup on AE's website.

I've some questions concerning this setup :

Why are you using anti-Dive and, please, can you explain the rear lower shock mount position?

Thank you,
Sebastien.
anti-dive will give you more turn-in steering
Old 06-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
anti-dive will give you more turn-in steering

I've read the TC5R manual :
Anti-Dive :
Reduces weight transfer to the front on deceleration entering corners and
reduces caster.
and as a consequence :
Decreased caster gives a more responsive feel and more exit steering.

Kick-up :
More entry steering and more caster so :
Increasing caster reduce mid to exit corner and front is less responsive.

Why Rick have used 1° anti-Dive and 6° C-Hub (5° total caster) and not 1° kick-up + 4° C-Hub (5° total caster) ?
Is it because 5° caster was the best and anti dive was used for reducing the weight transfer ?
Or there is another answer ?

Sebastien
Old 06-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by S_fender
I've read the TC5R manual :
Anti-Dive :
Reduces weight transfer to the front on deceleration entering corners and
reduces caster.
and as a consequence :
Decreased caster gives a more responsive feel and more exit steering.

Kick-up :
More entry steering and more caster so :
Increasing caster reduce mid to exit corner and front is less responsive.

Why Rick have used 1° anti-Dive and 6° C-Hub (5° total caster) and not 1° kick-up + 4° C-Hub (5° total caster) ?
Is it because 5° caster was the best and anti dive was used for reducing the weight transfer ?
Or there is another answer ?

Sebastien
The anti-dive is what I was seeking. I only used the 6 degree caster blocks to returnb the caster so that is as close to the desired position as I can get using anti-dive. Optimally, I would use 7 degreee blocks for 6 degree caster AND anti-dive. but this is not available. Although it could be an interesting tuning part for an aftermarket parts company - 3, 5, and 7 degree blocks for those that run anti-dive.

I went to the inside position on the rear arm as a result of my Tamiya experiences. The Tamiya car used different shock position front and rear which resulted in the use of the same springs all-around. I never ran "split" springs front and rear with Tamiya so I thought I would try and set up the TC5 so I could do the same thing. That is why I used the green springs all around.

All these changes happened at a point in the event that I did not play with it much more. The car was so good I did not want ot mess with it further. But we have our Nationals next week so I will work on it a bit more and see what happens.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

well guys i figured out what was clicking. it was in the spur i took it apart lube the bearings and put it back togther and it stop clicking. but after that i rolled it without a pinion and stil didnt roll to much futher. so i lube all the bearings and lossened the screws in the back of the top plat, just alittle and it seemed to roll alot futher. after i pulled out my pro 4 just to test to see how much futher it would roll and my hpi seemed to roll much futher then the tc5. so i dont know what to do know. i mean i got the tc5 to roll alot i mean alot further but my pro4 4 seems to roll even further any suggestion ????
Old 06-11-2008, 05:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

also what is a good gear to start with for a cobolt with the stock spur? i was thinking a 26 which will put me at a 6.69 final

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.