Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Not sure if this had anything to do with it, maybe you guys in here can tell me, but my brother's (Teck) motor (co27) in his tc5 was found to not have the top teflon/nylon shim (whatever the big brown round one is) when we used it at the JBRL. Would this cause heating issues as hes mentioning?

Only thing i can think of is break the car down and clean and lube all the bearings if the shim thing wasnt an issue...

and eric, check you're spelling foo!

also, and this is also for Teck, could somebody post a setup sheet thats good for low-med traction asphalt with the tc5? It has no ITF stuff if that helps. Thanks.

Eric, read the next few posts! lol
Old 06-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeckLancer
do u guys know could bind in the tc5 ? i pretty sure mine isnt but my motor is coming off the track real real hot and i can figure why im running a 6.26 final at a parking lot track and just comes off hot. ive tried everything.

any suggestions?
Have you tried to spin the spur without the motor attached to see if anything is binding? Try it with the wheels turned in each direction. Hope it helps...
Old 06-04-2008, 02:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

here's a pic of the jaad spool ...

Last edited by sonic31; 07-17-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

yea it rolls fine just
Old 06-04-2008, 03:11 PM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by overflow
Thanks Sean, Left to right is fine, its more of a slight bow upwards front to rear. I am going to look at a few more things tonight to see if i can get it to sit flat without the washers. I think i might bevel out the holes for the screws more so when i tighten, it doesnt pull it towerds center.
Another item one of the guys mentioned to check is to make sure the height of the steering post is not causing an issue. Also bent screws or just bad screws could cause the issue. If you have changed as much stuff as you say maybe just try replacing the screws. Another thing you could try is putting the top deck on up side down with button head screws. This would eliminate the screws heads pulling the bulkheads together.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
Not sure if this had anything to do with it, maybe you guys in here can tell me, but my brother's (Teck) motor (co27) in his tc5 was found to not have the top teflon/nylon shim (whatever the big brown round one is) when we used it at the JBRL. Would this cause heating issues as hes mentioning?

Only thing i can think of is break the car down and clean and lube all the bearings if the shim thing wasnt an issue...

also, and this is also for Teck, could somebody post a setup sheet thats good for low-med traction asphalt with the tc5? It has no ITF stuff if that helps. Thanks.

if you are going to be at la mirada on sunday come see me. i will check it out for you and give you a setup. also, mark will probably be there and im sure if you ask him nice he will check the motor for you.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean

Teck, what motor and what size is the track?

syber - this is what i ran for a while, it pushes on entry a bit but its easy to drive.

front solid axle/ rear diff med. tight
silver springs all around
30wt oil
1a arm mounts all around
1a/1 camber link positions w/ .5mm shim under rear ballstud
1a shock mount positons
1a steering link position
no sway bars.
2/2.5 deg camber f/r
0* rear hubs/2mm toe shims
.5 deg toe out front
2mm wheelbase shim fr and rear (those shims in setup sheet positions)
jaco green tires
mazdaspeed 6 body
o-rings under 4 rear screws (try the fronts if you want more steering)
5mm ride hieght all around
4mm uptravel in front/5mm in rear (not the downstop gauge positions)

like i said not the best but its easy to drive. ive since gone to the stock setup from the R kit, and i like that better(turns more), but for a low bite track this may be better
Old 06-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

it more of a low med traction parking lot and im running a blue can. runs fine in all my other cars but just runs super hot in the tc5.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

If you use the new washers that they are providing in the TC5R for the top deck you will elminate it on the car. Mine had the same problem and I still ran it. I have since switched my car to the washer setup like the 5R but haven't had a chance to run it yet but the problem went away.
Yeah, i have some on order. I am sure that will take care of it. Just didnt know if others were having the same problem.
do you guys have a part number or info where to get those washers??

thanks
Old 06-04-2008, 06:04 PM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by josh short
do you guys have a part number or info where to get those washers??

thanks
AE# 89229 they come 10 to a package.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie

Gordie i dont know if you know this but instead of buying that part ,,, Team Associated has come out with new Cam Holders with more slots to aid in getting the belts a little looser. I would rather run the new cam holders than buy that part. I am sure the cam holders are cheaper too.

Here is the part number for the new cam holders 31184
Old 06-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

it more of a low med traction parking lot and im running a blue can. runs fine in all my other cars but just runs super hot in the tc5.

We need to know EXACTLY what motor your running. A blue motor doesnt tell us anything.

DK
Old 06-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallstreet
Gordie i dont know if you know this but instead of buying that part ,,, Team Associated has come out with new Cam Holders with more slots to aid in getting the belts a little looser. I would rather run the new cam holders than buy that part. I am sure the cam holders are cheaper too.

Ya but, this would make it that much easyer to swap pinions. Its such a pain to regear this car.

DK
Old 06-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by wallstreet

Do we know if these new style cam holders come in the soon to be released TC5R and TC5F kits? And......Do you think the release date of the new kits for mid June (Tower site) is accurate?

By the way all the information on this thread is great. Thanks to all you posters.
Bob
Old 06-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

blue can you mean co27? my local track is approx 110ft and i run a 6.7 on that motor, which would explain your overheating.

something for those to consider on the exotek cams, by lowering the spur it will open up certian gearing combos, because lowering the spur moves it closer to the motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.