Team Associated TC5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 04:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello, first off this is my first post and I've read a good portion of the stuff in this thread but I didn't run into what I was looking for.

Anyways, I just recently purchased a TC5 kit and have just begun building it, I'm in the process of building the differentials and have one finished, but it feels very hard to rotate to me, even after I've loosened the adjusting nut by half a turn, this might be normal but I'm not sure since this is my first kit ever.

Also, in the process of building the second differential I somehow managed to strip the adjustment nut while trying to put it in the bolt that goes through the diff. Is there a reason these things are hard to put on? The manual said something about pre-compressing the spring before installing, but I wasn't quite sure what it meant by that. I compressed it a couple times but I don't see any way to keep in compressed while putting it in the diff.

Any input would be helpful, thanks a ton!

Booker
Old 11-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Im not too sure about the diff being so tight, but you have to compress the spring as much as possible with pliers. be careful not to launch it though! the TC5 was my first kit as well and i had to same problem til someone came along and told me that to squeeze the crap out of the spring and it went in fine. GL!
Old 11-21-2007, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 139 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Booke
Hello, first off this is my first post and I've read a good portion of the stuff in this thread but I didn't run into what I was looking for.

Anyways, I just recently purchased a TC5 kit and have just begun building it, I'm in the process of building the differentials and have one finished, but it feels very hard to rotate to me, even after I've loosened the adjusting nut by half a turn, this might be normal but I'm not sure since this is my first kit ever.

Also, in the process of building the second differential I somehow managed to strip the adjustment nut while trying to put it in the bolt that goes through the diff. Is there a reason these things are hard to put on? The manual said something about pre-compressing the spring before installing, but I wasn't quite sure what it meant by that. I compressed it a couple times but I don't see any way to keep in compressed while putting it in the diff.

Any input would be helpful, thanks a ton!

Booker
the diffs are a bit of a mess and really imporant to the car I can send you a phone number if you want to call me and or everyone on here will help ya out

just take your time make sure you sit the diff nut in the housing all the way and use enough black grease on the thrust washer
Old 11-21-2007, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 139 (97%+)

anyone else found out the manual for tc5 says wheels bearings are 6*10*4 and they are really 6*10*3

let me know
Old 11-21-2007, 05:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You know I couldnt agree more with fathead....AE I think made the right decision when using softer materials and it would be nice to see an alternitive come out....The one thing I would like to see is an aluminum shim kit and an aluminum diff cam set or titaniium......But I do meet up with the rails here and there and I like the fact my car comes away in one piece.....
Old 11-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by twistedone
anyone else found out the manual for tc5 says wheels bearings are 6*10*4 and they are really 6*10*3

let me know
That is correct, the manual is wrong. I asked this question on AE's site and they confirmed a misprint. You'll find the the size specified in the manual really isn't made by many people and is not common. I really don't understand why AE made them 6x10mm in the first place; they are less durable than 5x10mm used in most currents TC's, and the 6x10mm is the less common of the two.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RCpurplecow
this car is amazing on carpet i'm running basically the stock setup and i love the way my car handles. for parts support, price, and all around great handling in both asphalt and carpet, this is the car to buy
Man how close are you to the box setup.....Are you running the sway's?? It took some changing (not alot) to get it hooked on carpet (med grip) would like to know your setup and grip type that your running on to compare I have got this car so close to perfect but its missin somethin!!!!Maybe you have the answer....
Old 11-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Tech Regular

.............Happy Thanksgiving to all you guys and your families and best wishes.....
Old 11-21-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

ok guys I have put in the aluminum outdrives in the diffs and was wondering if someone made pin cushions for the cvd's. I feel there is just way to much slop in these.Any ideas?
Old 11-21-2007, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

You need to purchase the bone blades AE part#31238 they go on the cva ends and clip over the pins and it will eliminate the slop AE only sends a set withe the aluminum diff kit not the outdrive set...
Old 11-21-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by twistedone
the diffs are a bit of a mess and really imporant to the car I can send you a phone number if you want to call me and or everyone on here will help ya out

just take your time make sure you sit the diff nut in the housing all the way and use enough black grease on the thrust washer
Thanks that would be great! Seems that I can't send any Private Messages yet but that would be great to actually talk to someone who knows about kit building more then myself, I'm kind of a loner R/C Hobbiest in my neck of the woods heh. Lemme get some more posts under here so I can send ya a pm.

Booker
Old 11-22-2007, 09:25 PM

Default Shock Question

On AE's site, the rubber tire carpet setup calls for no rebound foam ---

Is this one foam pad or the other.. or no foam at all?

Thanks!
Old 11-23-2007, 02:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anyone know if the TC3 shock springs will fit the HPI Competition Racing shocks #75194. The shocks with the purple hardware.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Reznor88
On AE's site, the rubber tire carpet setup calls for no rebound foam ---

Is this one foam pad or the other.. or no foam at all?

Thanks!
Leave out both blue foams.Just the bladder.M
Old 11-23-2007, 09:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Who are the drivers of the TC5s at the Cleveland?
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.