Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anyone got a new or lightly used xray t3'12 bottom chassis I can buy?
Old 08-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Problem solved, yes I can see those shims will make it much easier. Thanks for the tip, I'll give them a try. I never had an issue with the single post design, but I always ran carpet and used a center post.

The car seems to be continued development for asphalt racing, I hope we carpet guys are not left in the dust and we will see some option parts to make it stiffer. Since the center post seems to have gone MIA, I hope to see something like the carbon fiber steering brace much like the 417.

I guess my only request would still be pivot ball toe blocks and a solid motor mount. I'm looking forward to building this car come fall.

How did the new car perform at the worlds? I read a lot about the luck factor, but it appears many of the drivers didn't do well. Anyone out there get to see what happened first hand? Just wondering if the short shock system didn't work out so well or if there were other problems.

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Like this;

I'm afraid RCKnight, your request will fall on deaf ears. Although quicker to adjust it was not a great design and as mentioned, used to pop out in heavy crashes.

Skiddins

Last edited by RCknight; 08-05-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Watched it on liverc.com.
The not making the a-main was mainly tire strategy gone wrong, with the weather messing it up. With that saind they seemd to be lacking some pace, and i think at best they would have ended in the lower a-main at qualy.

Hagberg and Pauls cars seemd very good in their finals, putting on some entertaining runs. Paul from far back on the grid.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Like this;

I'm afraid RCKnight, your request will fall on deaf ears. Although quicker to adjust it was not a great design and as mentioned, used to pop out in heavy crashes.

Skiddins
That is awsome.... I've wasted so much time changing the ackerman setting.... till now.

Simple solution, thanks Skiddins
Old 08-06-2012, 03:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hagbergs final time was one second off jilles and hara's time.. so their pace was very good. The only reason they didnt make A-main is cause they had the wrong tyre strategy for qualifying.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I'm using RSD bladdders, no foam, 1.1 mm 3 hole, hole in cap, 450/600 2.6/3.0
What track conditions u using that on? Seems like high traction configuration
Old 08-06-2012, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Low to medium grip carpet.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stusdal
Watched it on liverc.com.
The not making the a-main was mainly tire strategy gone wrong, with the weather messing it up. With that saind they seemd to be lacking some pace, and i think at best they would have ended in the lower a-main at qualy.

Hagberg and Pauls cars seemd very good in their finals, putting on some entertaining runs. Paul from far back on the grid.
paul actually started 10th in the "B" and won 2 of the triple mains. I don't think his car was lacking anything with short shocks or not. he did have 2 different cars there that he was trying in open practice before the control practice and yes the rain screwed several including myself. I rode back and forth to the hotel with him and he was happy with the car that he used as it was slightly fast to drive then the other. not sure what the differences were other then shock oil for sure.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Tech Adept

I know this issue has been beaten to a pulp, but I'm getting frustrated and out of solutions...

I've switched right components with left components including rear hubs, arms, suspension holders, 1.50mm washers, switched entire suspension, switched what hudy device used, wheel hexes, I even bought the one piece front rear suspension holder....everything I tried end up with 2 degrees toe on the left and the right will vary from 3.1 to 4 degrees. I've taken everything apart and rebuilt/rescrewed....

Whenever I use a washer on the left to compensate, the right just increases. I put in a washer almost double the size apprx 3mm on the left and finally got 3 degrees, but then the right was at 4 degrees.

I spent half a grand on this car and this issue is making me really question my decision.
In my past experience I notice a great difference in driving with even rear toe than uneven...so I'm not just OCD, this thing drives like garbage with the toe being 1 degree different and I'm not that good of a driver to drive it like this....
Old 08-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChampRC
I know this issue has been beaten to a pulp, but I'm getting frustrated and out of solutions...

I've switched right components with left components including rear hubs, arms, suspension holders, 1.50mm washers, switched entire suspension, switched what hudy device used, wheel hexes, I even bought the one piece front rear suspension holder....everything I tried end up with 2 degrees toe on the left and the right will vary from 3.1 to 4 degrees. I've taken everything apart and rebuilt/rescrewed....

Whenever I use a washer on the left to compensate, the right just increases. I put in a washer almost double the size apprx 3mm on the left and finally got 3 degrees, but then the right was at 4 degrees.

I spent half a grand on this car and this issue is making me really question my decision.
In my past experience I notice a great difference in driving with even rear toe than uneven...so I'm not just OCD, this thing drives like garbage with the toe being 1 degree different and I'm not that good of a driver to drive it like this....
Have you taken off the bulkeds and checked to make sure they are still straight? Have you stripped everything off of the car and tried to rebuild it from scratch starting with the rear of the car? Have you replaced all suspension components on the rear of the car? Do you have a bent hing pin or suspension mount? I could go on for days...

Seriously, in these situations you have to just tear the car down and put it back together piece by piece checking between each step to find the part with the problem. You will find it...but you have to be thorough.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

how does putting a spacer on the left affect the right arm?
Old 08-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Tech Adept

Unhappy Perplexed

Originally Posted by silvalis
how does putting a spacer on the left affect the right arm?
Anyone know the answer to this....I mean is this even supposed to happen at all?
Old 08-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Anyone know the answer to this....I mean is this even supposed to happen at all?
It can't. You must be doing something wrong.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Is the issue perhaps the method/tool you are using to measure toe and not the car?
Old 08-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yeah I would go over the car tooth and nail. Go through it via the owners manual step by step. Something has to be off cause I can adjust one side and have the other stay the same. Ie zero toe on the left 3 degrees on the right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.