Old 04-18-2007, 11:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smostyn
Looks good Addam.

Its going to look good as a hood ornament on my TC4

Prepare to get hacked!

Hi Mate
From what I have read on these car's they are so strong that you could run over it with that Rav 4 of yours, and it wouldn't hurt it. SO bring it on Big Fella. Your little Ass O ciated cant hurt me.
First outing the Meakin Park show down (Addam VS Shayne)
I will give you guy's a crash report on Parts.
Addam
Old 04-19-2007, 12:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Addam,

I think it might be time to change your Avatar, Signature, heck... maybe even your Alias!! :-P

Car looks good... as Borat would say, "Very Nice!"
Old 04-19-2007, 01:57 AM
ROV
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Fresh from the track tunening and the mods that where suggested the other day work a treat, starting to get my head around what makes the cyclone tick..
Thanks for all advice very happy with car now
Old 04-19-2007, 02:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Ive found with batteries that i get a lot of bars bent, but im not exactly a particularly accomplished driver

When you tape the batteries in the car push them in towards the centre and ive found that seems to help me. (Dont forget to round off the edges on the underneath of the chassis where the tape passes through, but i assume youve not forgotten to do that).

And that motor fan is going to get clobbered, so if you value it you may want to take it off

OH yeah..... BIIGGGGGEEERRRR MOTOR!!!!!! :P
Old 04-19-2007, 02:08 AM
ROV
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRFMAD
Hi Guy's
I have finnished my little project, after a ferw weeks ago deciding to give up racing, I put my Tamiya collection onto rc tech to sell the lot. One of the guy's at my club had a Cyclone WCE model and all the support I received I decied to give a new car a go.
I am very happy with the way the car came together, I only had a few little hick ups.
I am running in mod and I will be running a Hara Purple Bling 9x1 modified V2 motor, Twister 2.2 Kopropo model speedy, Ko fet servo and Much more Motor fan.
I have gone for the standard Moore setup and I will go from there. I am very inpressed with the rear diff and found it very smooth compared with the Tamiya MRE.
Is there anything I sould look out for on double checking, All I have to do now is dispose of the Tamiya gear
Here are a couple of Pictures of the Car.
Watch out for centre direct pully grub screw into part No 61324, I put a double in to stop it backin out....
and dont over tighten diff tenision screw...
Old 04-19-2007, 02:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mangoman
Ive found with batteries that i get a lot of bars bent, but im not exactly a particularly accomplished driver

When you tape the batteries in the car push them in towards the centre and ive found that seems to help me. (Dont forget to round off the edges on the underneath of the chassis where the tape passes through, but i assume youve not forgotten to do that).

And that motor fan is going to get clobbered, so if you value it you may want to take it off

OH yeah..... BIIGGGGGEEERRRR MOTOR!!!!!! :P

Thanks Mate
I have used the motor fan on the MRE ( note to self Change from blue to Purple bling as soon as I can)
Most of the guys at meakin use the fan for target practice, I use to run the cool can fan but found the single fan with a good heat sink does a great job.
I will just have to stay ahead of them as best I can to stop them from destroying my fan. But I do have 3 spares jusat in case
Thanks Mate
Addam
Old 04-19-2007, 02:44 AM
Tech Initiate

in the cyclone manual, the orientation of the centre pulley assembly (i.e. the one with the spur gear) is incorrect. you'll need to flip it left side right (everything else remains as what's shown in the manual).

if you're using the centre one-way pulley, and you install it exactly as what's shown in the manual, the centre one-way pulley will actually be acting on your rear belt instead of the front, which is not how it's supposed to work.

this page has clear pictures of andy moore's car, take a look at the orientation of the spur gear hub to know what i mean :
andy moore's cyclone

i hope this is clear.

Hi Guy's
I have finnished my little project, after a ferw weeks ago deciding to give up racing, I put my Tamiya collection onto rc tech to sell the lot. One of the guy's at my club had a Cyclone WCE model and all the support I received I decied to give a new car a go.
I am very happy with the way the car came together, I only had a few little hick ups.
I am running in mod and I will be running a Hara Purple Bling 9x1 modified V2 motor, Twister 2.2 Kopropo model speedy, Ko fet servo and Much more Motor fan.
I have gone for the standard Moore setup and I will go from there. I am very inpressed with the rear diff and found it very smooth compared with the Tamiya MRE.
Is there anything I sould look out for on double checking, All I have to do now is dispose of the Tamiya gear
Here are a couple of Pictures of the Car.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Nice, good eye there sidewaysdriver6.

(Yeah its a strange one because when you run it on that side it lines up nicely with the slot in the chassis beneath the spur gear, but can rub on the batteries)
Old 04-19-2007, 02:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Most of the guys at meakin use the fan for target practice, I will just have to stay ahead of them as best I can to stop them from destroying my fan.

I can never see you fan under that bloody PINK shell that you run, thats what the target is

Seriously mate, looks good. I am looking forward to seeing it run.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sidewaysdriver6
in the cyclone manual, the orientation of the centre pulley assembly (i.e. the one with the spur gear) is incorrect. you'll need to flip it left side right (everything else remains as what's shown in the manual).

if you're using the centre one-way pulley, and you install it exactly as what's shown in the manual, the centre one-way pulley will actually be acting on your rear belt instead of the front, which is not how it's supposed to work.

this page has clear pictures of andy moore's car, take a look at the orientation of the spur gear hub to know what i mean :
andy moore's cyclone

i hope this is clear.

Thanks Sideways
I could not understand how come I had to have the pinion half off the motor armature This is great help. Okay so now my car is not complete for at least the next 1 hour while I correct the Manual mistake.

Ps how did andy get a car that look's exactly like mine
Thanks
Addam
Old 04-19-2007, 03:09 AM
Tech Master

Also while I have off the center pulley, is there any way of how to get the slop out of the pulley. I had to move the 2 outer pulleys tightly to the outer bearings to keep it tighter. Is this okay or sould I shim it some how. Its just that when you build the center pulley there is a gap between the pulley/spur/pulley. I hope this makes sense.
Thanks
Addam
Old 04-19-2007, 03:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ASM
Jason that new chassis sure looks sweet! Nice work! I may have to get one before too long.
thanks dude
Old 04-19-2007, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Also while I have off the center pulley, is there any way of how to get the slop out of the pulley. I had to move the 2 outer pulleys tightly to the outer bearings to keep it tighter. Is this okay or sould I shim it some how. Its just that when you build the center pulley there is a gap between the pulley/spur/pulley. I hope this makes sense.
Thanks
Addam
Addam,
It's better if you shim them; this way the belt will run true. When I didn't make it centre I notice the belt would fray quicker then normal ... You'll need 4mm ID shims.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Thanks 2-bad
I have just noticed a problem with the antena rubing on the belt. The reciever is not to close to the belt but the wire comes out right were the belts are. I have tried to put it under and over belt but still rubs. Can you guys advice me on the best way to avoyed the belt.
I have just rebuilt the center pulley and it is much better.
Thanks
Addam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.