Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 04:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
lol NiMo, it's like racing you without being there.

You ever race outside of UK? Maybe one day I'll race against you in one of the big races...
I have done, but cash flow not so good these days so I'm staying more local.
I'm thinking of booking in to this meeting 28th August as it is the launch of a new track about 2 hours from my home.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Airwide
I really think you should turn off the throttle speed. Limiting the speed is a bad idea in general. Try to adjust the car instead if you think it's to nervous.

also, as a last solution you could set some exponential steering curve to make the steering less nervous around center.

Regards,
Arvid
I spent 8 hours on the track testing different ideas before I even thought of slowing the servo's (option wasn't available on KO handset), and it was slowing them that made the biggest difference.
Speed of the brake action and throttle closing is still at full speed, only throttle open and steering have been slowed a fraction.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:48 AM
Tech Adept

Write down your car setup and maybe I or someone else can help you.

Btw, I see you live near the McLaren F1 headquarter. Have you been there?

Regards,
Arvid
Old 07-14-2005, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Write down your car setup and maybe I or someone else can help you.
Thanks for the offer but I have had cars set up for me in the past but I always find their set ups have too much front end turn for my liking, so I always go my own way hence me not driving an MTX3 which is used by most at my club.
I will have to get a set up sheet made, but here is the basics:
Front Shocks - hole 0, red Evola springs(1.7), 1 hole 40wt
Rear Shocks - hole 0, green Evola springs (1.9), 2 hole 40wt
Roll Bars - front vertical (stiffest) rear WC kit.
Camber 2 degree front and rear
Front toe out 1 degree, Rear Toe in 2 degree
Front Diff 50K, Rear Diff TCD with red oil
Ride height front 5mm rear 7mm (to allow for bumps on banking)
Tyres - GQ 42's all round
Shell - Protoform Vectra (a 4 year old shell from a V1R, new shell coming soon)

Btw, I see you live near the McLaren F1 headquarter. Have you been there?

Regards,
Arvid
I went to the McLaren site many times when it was under construction but not since they opened up, I have also been to their many other sites they had scattered around Woking before they moved in to the new complex.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NiMo
Thanks for the offer but I have had cars set up for me in the past but I always find their set ups have too much front end turn for my liking, so I always go my own way hence me not driving an MTX3 which is used by most at my club.
I will have to get a set up sheet made, but here is the basics:
Front Shocks - hole 0, red Evola springs(1.7), 1 hole 40wt
Rear Shocks - hole 0, green Evola springs (1.9), 2 hole 40wt
Roll Bars - front vertical (stiffest) rear WC kit.
Camber 2 degree front and rear
Front toe out 1 degree, Rear Toe in 2 degree
Front Diff 50K, Rear Diff TCD with red oil
Ride height front 5mm rear 7mm (to allow for bumps on banking)
Tyres - GQ 42's all round
Shell - Protoform Vectra (a 4 year old shell from a V1R, new shell coming soon)

I went to the McLaren site many times when it was under construction but not since they opened up, I have also been to their many other sites they had scattered around Woking before they moved in to the new complex.
Your front end is way too soft. You're countering the lack of diff action, which is caused by the heavy diff fluid in the front diff, by using a super soft suspension. 50,000 wt. is too heavy / thick. You don't need to go any heavier than 30,000. Use 60 wt. oil in the front shocks and stand them up (use the outer holes on the shock tower). Set front droop to 1mm. These changes will stiffen the front end, decrease steering, and remove the twichiness. Slowing the speed of the servo should be done as an emergency remedy, while in a race.

jeffreylin is right - set you car up to have less steering. You want to keep the reaction time of your servo in tack. I only decrease my servo end-points when I'm running a wider tire (28mm) up front. This stops the rim from rubbing the shock ball cup.

Also, the higher rear ride height adds to the problem by putting more weight over the front end of the car. Use more rear droop and an even (front & rear equal) increase in ride height, to compensate for the bumps in the track.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Did I say I was having problems ?
NO!!
try reading the posts again
my car is working with my set up, it now drives with a mild understeer but has plenty of power on steering, and tyre wear was only 2mm in a whole meeting with front and rear staying equal diameter the whole meeting.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Did I say I was having problems ?
NO!!
try reading the posts again
my car is working with my set up, it now drives with a mild understeer but has plenty of power on steering, and tyre wear was only 2mm in a whole meeting with front and rear staying equal diameter the whole meeting.
Wow! Relax buddy. Just trying to help. I never said you were having problems. You posted about the steering inquiry, mentioned the car steering being too fast / twitchy and then posted your set-up as Airwide asked. Seems to me you were open to suggestions? If, you're not interested in maybe, improving your car's handling and in effect, your driving - then disreguard my info. . No one's forcing you to take it. I was trying to help two people at once RodneyBarrett AND yourself.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

I have done, but cash flow not so good these days so I'm staying more local.
I'm thinking of booking in to this meeting 28th August as it is the launch of a new track about 2 hours from my home.
You need to come over! Its a nice track.

Old 07-14-2005, 06:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default setups

Any body have a good set up using a front diff.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:13 AM
AGW
Tech Rookie

Some Advice Please!

Hi Guys,

I have only just signed up, so I hope this is posted in the right place..??

I have recently brought a Kyosho V One RRR (Not the WC), I have built as per the instructions to the letter!!! The problem I have is the front swing shafts don't seem to be long enough once I have set the track width (3.1 and 3.2 mm at the front I think) the swing shafts can easily be removed without having to take anything off or loosen anything.

Any suggestions would be great.

Cheers

Andy
Old 07-15-2005, 12:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Before you put the one way outdrive, have you ever forgot to put the spacer!

Originally Posted by AGW
Hi Guys,

I have only just signed up, so I hope this is posted in the right place..??

I have recently brought a Kyosho V One RRR (Not the WC), I have built as per the instructions to the letter!!! The problem I have is the front swing shafts don't seem to be long enough once I have set the track width (3.1 and 3.2 mm at the front I think) the swing shafts can easily be removed without having to take anything off or loosen anything.

Any suggestions would be great.

Cheers

Andy
Old 07-15-2005, 12:56 AM
AGW
Tech Rookie

All spacers have been put in, and the rubber O rings have been but inside the drive cups on the one way.

How much lateral movemet should there be in the front swing shaft??

Cheers

Andy
Old 07-15-2005, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AGW
All spacers have been put in, and the rubber O rings have been but inside the drive cups on the one way.

How much lateral movemet should there be in the front swing shaft??

Cheers

Andy
Are you taking the measurements in the right place? Are you using a digital caliper for accuracy? These will make the difference.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:03 AM
AGW
Tech Rookie

I have taken the measurements from where th instructions show using a digital caliper so I think they should all be correct.

Andy
Old 07-15-2005, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AGW
I have taken the measurements from where th instructions show using a digital caliper so I think they should all be correct.

Andy
aceptable "play" should be between 2 - 3mm. If, you're still having issues with excessive play, try puting an o-ring behing the shaft / dog bone, in the axle. This should help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.