European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default '79 PB

Originally Posted by 5italkart
if memory serves thats a brittish car? now thats a colector car
Here is a link to some info and pics on the 'PB. MRP imported the 2wd suspension car in the early '80's. It was molded in RED plastic!! I dyed mine black before I ever put it together!!!

http://www.classic.rc-junkies.net/?p=619#more-619
Old 07-13-2012, 08:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Here is a link to some info and pics on the 'PB. MRP imported the 2wd suspension car in the early '80's. It was molded in RED plastic!! I dyed mine black before I ever put it together!!!

http://www.classic.rc-junkies.net/?p=619#more-619
Your right, the 2WD was the PB Alpha, I owned one of those too but sold it 2000-2001. I still have some parts for that also.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

if memory serves thats a brittish car? now thats a colector car
Your correct, it is British. I raced back in the day with both cars as they became available. The International I have still has the OPS 21 mounted and the AMPS diff. This diff was launched/used before PB released theirs.
While the chassis and rear pod plate were two seperate parts, I had a one piece made from GRP. This brought the weight down to smack on the min,
5lbs. I could not get them made quick enough for people wanting them
Old 07-14-2012, 03:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by garen
What pinion and clutch bell problem have you had? Has it happened once or often? The clutch and bell on this car are relatively bullet proof, I don't think I have ever had an issue with mine.

Have you tried running 16% fuel? It's cheaper, and still packs enough power. I run 16% in my sedan (when I run sedan), and I tried it in my pan car and the only difference it made was longer run time.

You are right about tires, I have been running my left over rears or just picking some 35 shore tires from the trash at the track and using them until they get to about 65mm in diameter.
It happened once last saturday which was the first time we had seen this happen. A different bell and pinion was put on the car for sunday and the same thing happened to end my son's main early. It pulls the threads right out of the pinion. The bell looks ok but the pinion is missing some of the depth in the threads. The pinion will not spin back on. It will just spin and spin like a washer on a bolt. It looks to me like the mugen pinion is just a tad to big for the thread on the bell. is everyone using the Mugen pinion gears?
Old 07-14-2012, 07:04 AM
Tech Regular

Default My o Pinon

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
It happened once last saturday which was the first time we had seen this happen. A different bell and pinion was put on the car for sunday and the same thing happened to end my son's main early. It pulls the threads right out of the pinion. The bell looks ok but the pinion is missing some of the depth in the threads. The pinion will not spin back on. It will just spin and spin like a washer on a bolt. It looks to me like the mugen pinion is just a tad to big for the thread on the bell. is everyone using the Mugen pinion gears?
I told my boy I thought they were Mugen gears, they were both stock out of the box Motornica 19 tooth. The Mugen gears appear to fit, but we've not run them yet. Are the threads on the 2 different bell housing to fit both size 2-spd gears? This problem is strange in the fact that those gears have been working just fine till now.
LETS RACE SOME MORE!!
Old 07-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Default Gears?

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
I told my boy I thought they were Mugen gears, they were both stock out of the box Motornica 19 tooth. The Mugen gears appear to fit, but we've not run them yet. Are the threads on the 2 different bell housing to fit both size 2-spd gears? This problem is strange in the fact that those gears have been working just fine till now.
LETS RACE SOME MORE!!
A couple of questions:

1) Are you sure if the gears that are stripping are Motonica or Mugen? Or are you saying Motonica gears are Mugen?

2) Is III's car the only one having this problem?

I would look for a problem with the drive train in the car, catching, binding, or something to shock load the threads to failure. Is the diff smooth?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????
Old 07-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Another thing to look at is the bell itself. Motonica makes 2 bells, one for 18T pinions and smaller, one for 19T pinions and bigger. Did you guys happen to have both and got them mixed up?

As far as I know Motonica, Mugen, and Shepherd pinion gears are all interchangeable as I have used them all on Motonica, Mugen, and GIO Racing clutchbells.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aarcobra
A couple of questions:

1) Are you sure if the gears that are stripping are Motonica or Mugen? Or are you saying Motonica gears are Mugen?

2) Is III's car the only one having this problem?

I would look for a problem with the drive train in the car, catching, binding, or something to shock load the threads to failure. Is the diff smooth?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????
i'm using the kit stuff and no prob at all.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

i'm using the kit stuff and no prob at all.
Yeah, me too, Motonica, even on my DFX. That's why I think the Lons need to look for a problem other than the "kit stuff".
Old 07-16-2012, 07:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

3 words every RC Racer loves to read, "out for delivery"!
Old 07-16-2012, 09:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Farmer_John
3 words every RC Racer loves to read, "out for delivery"!
Now you can't leave the house till it shows up. Kinda like being grounded.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
Now you can't leave the house till it shows up. Kinda like being grounded.
No kidding! I'm glad I'm on vacation this week!

I keep hitting refresh on the USPS site...on all three computers!
Old 07-16-2012, 10:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Farmer_John
No kidding! I'm glad I'm on vacation this week!

I keep hitting refresh on the USPS site...on all three computers!
IS it there yet?
Old 07-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Old 07-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Tech Addict

Gotta remember I'm in Ann Arbor. Our UPS guy is not built like that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.