Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 11:46 PM
HKC
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Great information! How do you adjust the stiffness of the chassis with the bars next to the fuel tank?

ned
I run With all the screw in the 2 bars but I Never really taking Time to test differently screw/number positions

Under the front,I use hard foam..
Old 06-12-2012, 06:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HKC
Hi,

yes a little "smooth" engagement.. than a 4x4 ..but a "Classique" is slower than a 4x4 about 2s-3s max per laps...

don't miss the tires are much,much,much important with the toe and a little of camber
I use around of 3° of toe in sometime less and 1.5 of camber
tires front generaly 40° in 65-66mm ...
for the front,if you turn to much take hard tires,42° or 45° or 50°..

rear start with 35° in 74mm

for the rear ..if you sliperry when take throttle,test 33° or 30° or 25° and a little softer the centax..
when the rear is bumping/jumping (on the track listen the motor) take more hard tire 37° or 40°...

don't miss the tweak..

I use a gear diff with 300.000 silicone grease

the french champion use a RBC11..
thanks for the input, on our track the bumps are the problem for now but i have seen what you are talking about with the soft rear tires. sort of a "bite -release" condition in the corners.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HKC
I run With all the screw in the 2 bars but I Never really taking Time to test differently screw/number positions

Under the front,I use hard foam..
Thanks, That would seem to me to make the chassis toward stiff front to back as apposed to soft.........
Old 06-14-2012, 05:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hey

Picking up a bunch of cars Saturday, I should have pics by middle of the week or so. There's one in the bunch that I'm not too sure what the heck it is, hope someone in here will be able to figure it out...
Old 06-14-2012, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
Picking up a bunch of cars Saturday, I should have pics by middle of the week or so. There's one in the bunch that I'm not too sure what the heck it is, hope someone in here will be able to figure it out...
....cant wait to see em...Ned will know what they all are.........
Old 06-14-2012, 11:25 PM
Tech Regular

Phil's Super J was at it in Portage, The driver couldn't kill it. I'd love to see it run with good tires. 3rd in B main.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:29 AM
Tech Addict

Default Well

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
Phil's Super J was at it in Portage, The driver couldn't kill it. I'd love to see it run with good tires. 3rd in B main.
It was his first run ever with a 2wd. I thought about putting the soft foam on it but wasn't entirely sure how it'd last the main or not so I went with firm/old foam, the handling wouldn't be good but it would survive. And no, Tom couldn't kill it...lol...if there is one thing a Super J will take, it's lots of abuse, but he did pretty good making it to the end with as little experience driving as he has. I'll be up in Toledo with it on the 1st, I'm turning the Edam over to a friend of mine while I run pan that day, and I'll be bringing a number of the cars I'm buying Saturday for folks to have a look at.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Taylorm
....cant wait to see em...Ned will know what they all are.........
that mustang bod on ebay was great.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Default Mustang Body

Originally Posted by 5italkart
that mustang bod on ebay was great.
Glad you liked it! It really is pretty much usless for a race car, since it used about a 14" wheelbase! That would require an extension of the chassis and probably would not handle well at all...
Old 06-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Glad you liked it! It really is pretty much usless for a race car, since it used about a 14" wheelbase! That would require an extension of the chassis and probably would not handle well at all...
imagine.. if we had some of the trans am era cars that would look great.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

imagine.. if we had some of the trans am era cars that would look great.
That was not a T-A car. It was the "Bread Van" or "Flat Back"! Believe if it would have been a Ford Mustang race car I NEVER would have parted with it!
Old 06-16-2012, 07:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

imagine.. if we had some of the trans am era cars that would look great.(Sitting on the work bench)
Finished your sentance for you.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:12 AM
Tech Addict

Default Hey

Pics to follow soon, but apparently this guy was a big fan of MRP and Delta. In the collection is a near pristine GP 180. I'd forgotten what a hunk of $%#@ that was...lol. It had it's good points...good balance, very simple build, cheapest price and decent handling. But I somehow faintly recall the things couldn't take a hit and they ate gears. A decent performer for an experienced driver but a parts nightmare for a newbie who couldn't stay out of the boards. I remember an enduro race from way back where MRP had to withdraw, simply because they ran out of gears.

The aluminum/white Delta, at a rough guess, precedes '77. It's got the old school three port slide carb and slightly different front axle, yet is upgraded from the bell brake setup, so if I had to guess, I'd say this is a second gen Super J. Some of the parts that came with it are pretty rare as well...Delta had an aluminum chassis, full rectangle, and then moved to a fiberglass chassis. However....in between the two, for a very short time and in very small production, was an aluminum chassis with the curve configuration of the fiberglass chassis. This guy practically lived next door to Lorimor so that probably explains why he has a few things rarely seen outside of team drivers and the shop itself.

There's a few Cook parts, some engines...and many bags of stuff, plus P2 parts. This is just a quick glance, all the stuff is still in boxes in the truck. I left here (southeastern Ohio) at 6 a.m. yesterday, drove to St Louis, passed the nice man an extremely fat envelope, loaded up the stuff, and got back at 2 a.m. this morning. I have this dim recollection of where my spinal cord used to reside, so until my back and I can shake hands and make friends again, I'll confine myself to wondering what else is in those boxes and maybe by tomorrow will have a better idea (and I'll take pics.) There's my update, have a good one.....
Old 06-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
Pics to follow soon, but apparently this guy was a big fan of MRP and Delta. In the collection is a near pristine GP 180. I'd forgotten what a hunk of $%#@ that was...lol. It had it's good points...good balance, very simple build, cheapest price and decent handling. But I somehow faintly recall the things couldn't take a hit and they ate gears. A decent performer for an experienced driver but a parts nightmare for a newbie who couldn't stay out of the boards. I remember an enduro race from way back where MRP had to withdraw, simply because they ran out of gears.

The aluminum/white Delta, at a rough guess, precedes '77. It's got the old school three port slide carb and slightly different front axle, yet is upgraded from the bell brake setup, so if I had to guess, I'd say this is a second gen Super J. Some of the parts that came with it are pretty rare as well...Delta had an aluminum chassis, full rectangle, and then moved to a fiberglass chassis. However....in between the two, for a very short time and in very small production, was an aluminum chassis with the curve configuration of the fiberglass chassis. This guy practically lived next door to Lorimor so that probably explains why he has a few things rarely seen outside of team drivers and the shop itself.

There's a few Cook parts, some engines...and many bags of stuff, plus P2 parts. This is just a quick glance, all the stuff is still in boxes in the truck. I left here (southeastern Ohio) at 6 a.m. yesterday, drove to St Louis, passed the nice man an extremely fat envelope, loaded up the stuff, and got back at 2 a.m. this morning. I have this dim recollection of where my spinal cord used to reside, so until my back and I can shake hands and make friends again, I'll confine myself to wondering what else is in those boxes and maybe by tomorrow will have a better idea (and I'll take pics.) There's my update, have a good one.....
cant wait to see the pics
Old 06-17-2012, 06:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Taylorm
cant wait to see the pics
no rain at my house, toledo was hogging it all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.