Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Pyramid
Just to let you know.. (I`m not sure its been mention before or not on previous post)

XRAY factory team drivers have enjoyed tremendous successes around the world. With product evolution in mind, they have been testing various new components in their efforts to polish the performance of the exceptional XRAY T1 Evo2. Based on real-world racing results and their recommendations, XRAY now offers you the XRAY T1 Factory Kit #300004 which combines all of the best high-performance components into a single package.

The XRAY T1 Factory Kit comes with the popular, efficient C-hub suspension using “Euro style” suspension components such as shorter suspension arms and updated bulkheads. The kit also contains many new updated and lightened parts to reduce unnecessary weight and rotating mass without compromising strength and long life. All of these combine to make the highest-performance, best handling electric touring car in the world.

Here is a partial list of the features of the XRAY T1 Factory Kit, aside from all of the other highest-quality components of the XRAY T1 Evo2.
• efficient C-hub suspension with short suspension arms
• strong, lightweight "Euro style" alloy bulkheads with new roll center positions
• stiff carbon upper deck
• lightweight rear differential with carbide balls and carbide axial thrust bearing
• lightweight front one-way axle with dual-slotted out drives
• ultra lightweight drive shafts made from Hudy Spring Steel™
• lightweight wheel axles
• ultra-efficient low-ratio pulley set
• new rear shock tower with optimized shock mounting and roll center positions

Enjoy R/C...............
Sounds like Nurnberg.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:35 AM

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Sounds like Nurnberg.
looks like a whole new car will comes out as this newest addition should be the most complete box stock.. and carries the same price tag as the previous one (no 1way, etc)... Good for the money to get T1 now
Old 02-03-2004, 12:55 AM
Regional Moderator

looks like a whole new car will comes out as this newest addition should be the most complete box stock.. and carries the same price tag as the previous one (no 1way, etc)... Good for the money to get T1 now
Hmmmm, Pyramid went into the XRAY forum.... Interesting..... Especially the last sentence
Old 02-03-2004, 03:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Last edited by pucho; 02-06-2004 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

pucho:

Thanks for all the help this weekend (Sunday). I am working on gettin g you a Xray chassis to look at an maybe run (I will send you my car if I need to) also it was great talking to you..........too bad we live so far away. BUT we will be down as soon as I can get a few days off. both Jason and I really want to run at the new track.

ttyl

Thanks

Tim
Old 02-03-2004, 04:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Lazy Cornering

I am running 3* front kick-up with 3* caster. The car seems to have an on-power push with out the kick-up. I am thinking I need 6* caster with no kick. Also I run 60wt associated oil with 1 hole open in the front and 2 holes open in the rear. The springs are the purple ones ( light purple?).I run the shocks all the way out on the tower f&r and I out on the arm in the rear but in on the front. As far as droop I run .5-1.0 up travel in the front and 1.0-1.5 in the rear. The tire size right now is 2.300 but I've had them as small as 2.160. TRC plaid/tan. The track is large 96'x50' it does have a fairly tight infeild but not nearly as tight as the champs. The carpet is new and has great traction. I use niftech compound full in rear 1/2 in front. Ride height is 4mm front 4.5mm rear. I don't have any anti-squat. I hope this helps thanks for the input.
Old 02-03-2004, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

the low ratio pulleys allow less belt tension, without the belts skipping, because there are more teeth in contact on the layshaft pulley (where belt skip occurs), it also doesnt bend the belt as much on the layshaft pulley.

what size spur gears (64pitch)should i run on the xray and what range of pinions(64 pich) should i get so i have a wide range of final drive ratios (mod and stock) to run
Old 02-03-2004, 04:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Sounds great but why can't I find any info on it anywhere?
Nothing on www.teamxray.com and nothing on mytsn.com VIP-room?

Who has them?
What is the pricing?

Let us know!

Just to let you know.. (I`m not sure its been mention before or not on previous post)

XRAY factory team drivers have enjoyed tremendous successes around the world. With product evolution in mind, they have been testing various new components in their efforts to polish the performance of the exceptional XRAY T1 Evo2. Based on real-world racing results and their recommendations, XRAY now offers you the XRAY T1 Factory Kit #300004 which combines all of the best high-performance components into a single package.

The XRAY T1 Factory Kit comes with the popular, efficient C-hub suspension using “Euro style” suspension components such as shorter suspension arms and updated bulkheads. The kit also contains many new updated and lightened parts to reduce unnecessary weight and rotating mass without compromising strength and long life. All of these combine to make the highest-performance, best handling electric touring car in the world.

Here is a partial list of the features of the XRAY T1 Factory Kit, aside from all of the other highest-quality components of the XRAY T1 Evo2.
• efficient C-hub suspension with short suspension arms
• strong, lightweight "Euro style" alloy bulkheads with new roll center positions
• stiff carbon upper deck
• lightweight rear differential with carbide balls and carbide axial thrust bearing
• lightweight front one-way axle with dual-slotted out drives
• ultra lightweight drive shafts made from Hudy Spring Steel™
• lightweight wheel axles
• ultra-efficient low-ratio pulley set
• new rear shock tower with optimized shock mounting and roll center positions

Enjoy R/C...............
Old 02-03-2004, 04:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by dontfeelcold

what size spur gears (64pitch)should i run on the xray and what range of pinions(64 pich) should i get so i have a wide range of final drive ratios (mod and stock) to run
Kimbrough: 120, 124, 128
RR - 125 (but it needs to be drilled to fit the mounting holes - no big deal)
Old 02-03-2004, 04:46 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Lazy Cornering

Originally posted by ccm399
I am running 3* front kick-up with 3* caster. The car seems to have an on-power push with out the kick-up. I am thinking I need 6* caster with no kick. Also I run 60wt associated oil with 1 hole open in the front and 2 holes open in the rear. The springs are the purple ones ( light purple?).I run the shocks all the way out on the tower f&r and I out on the arm in the rear but in on the front. As far as droop I run .5-1.0 up travel in the front and 1.0-1.5 in the rear. The tire size right now is 2.300 but I've had them as small as 2.160. TRC plaid/tan. The track is large 96'x50' it does have a fairly tight infeild but not nearly as tight as the champs. The carpet is new and has great traction. I use niftech compound full in rear 1/2 in front. Ride height is 4mm front 4.5mm rear. I don't have any anti-squat. I hope this helps thanks for the input.
Try purple rears.

or

Essentially you need to stop the mass transfer the rear - this will eliminate the push. Stiffer rear end should do it. Try moving the upper rear shock mount out one hole at a time. Or going to a stiffer rear spring

Last edited by sands; 02-03-2004 at 06:23 AM.
Old 02-03-2004, 04:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by pucho
I think I am putting togther what apears to be this new kit. I went by the Snow birds yesterday and I was handed a kit and asked to put it together (no box) it also included a "prototype" carpet chassis, but everithing else was the stuff mentioned on that press release. all the part bags where # as they are in a production kit. The proto chassis has the servo moved back to acomodate the Short arms, the bateries have been moved forward, considerably where talking in the 10mm range, and it's VERY STIFF(no Swise cheese)

PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2004, 05:57 AM
Tech Adept

Default Factory kit

This remind me of Serpent every 6month
or so they would come out with a new
version of a kit, I am not bashing XRAY
because they have the best car on the
market I have one, but if you come out
with a new kit or updated version every few months or year the customer will
go to another brand, I have see it with Serpent and they have lost customers
where I race, and for the factory kit I know it is for the handling of the car
but we are always short on parts with
the evo2 foc now so what about supplying the demands on the parts for
the evo2 and the other kit out there that
Xray have and lets have the options parts for the kits as options and not a
new kit, because I just bought my evo2 kit and to hear that a new kit will be out
soon, man that depressing, that is my opinion and not to bash XRay, well XRay keep up the good work, I live the win and drive a XRay.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

they will probably release the parts required to do the upgrade soon after kitis released.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:10 AM

Originally posted by PeterCr
Sounds great but why can't I find any info on it anywhere?
Nothing on www.teamxray.com and nothing on mytsn.com VIP-room?

Who has them?
What is the pricing?

Let us know!
As mentioned, price is the same as previous one. In Southeast Asia, it would have been USD330 average.

No one seems to have them, not before another couple of weeks maybe.. It`s been release on 29 January 2004.. takes couple of days to prepare shipping order and pick ups for international shipping.. you do the math for next

At this time, this is only dealer info that I now realize for not to mentioned it here..

To All... I believe the low internal ratio is for less rotating mass which result in less moving parts thus less maintanance the car has..
Old 02-03-2004, 06:14 AM

Originally posted by daniz24
Hmmmm, Pyramid went into the XRAY forum.... Interesting..... Especially the last sentence
You already knew the reason and its getting deeper now.. As if I could..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.