Search
Like Tree1Likes

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by bcinntx
For me personally, I could not slow down the reaction of the shocks with the stocks. I was going up / up on the fluids. Reading on here, i decided to try the losi pistons, saw better reaction from shocks on the rebound and seem more settled on the track. At least, that is what i saw.
5hole 2 stage fix all of that! The front of the truck is similar to Durango in that the fluids need to be pretty high or use small holes. in my testing and on the vid posted the truck has 5 holes. The new UFO pistons are currently 4 hole front and 5 hole rear

Originally Posted by stu541
So my TS4 is on the way. I'm looking at bodies..... I like the slammed ones that have more of a fastback look. The raptors, and flotek. I also kinda like the original TS2 body. I heard they are stout. What are the opinions on the bodies you guys run. parachute effects and strength. thanks!
the stock body seems to be really good:

My take on the whole parachute effect has been that the vent holes really are not needed, what helps more at least for me is setting the truck up so that the nose doesnt go high past the peak of the jump, as long as the truck stays level or nose down it isnt effected at all, one of the reason why the pros run stiffer rear springs (Lutz started this). AE went to 3.9 or 4.3. I am currently using 4.0 and i have to say that it is really good especially at jumping. Truck jumps like a rainbow with no throttle input. Second thing is that whenever you start cutting your SC body at all it wont last more than a few weeks at best. FI you have been to a big event lately you will notice that most use a plain single color body for practice/qualifying and the good body for mains only. you can make two bodies last 4 times as long as only one this way!

Originally Posted by nicholasxuu
I have on my TS4, 3 times.
with stock ball cup, 3mins after entering the outdoor track.
All you need is some side impact, preferably on the front wheel.

TS4 has body with it, pretty good looking one.
Though I'm still using my old proline F150 raptor, with most of the cut outs. it is strong (or my driving still improves)
Man I must have received a magical set of ball cups I have had some bad wrecks, side impact 20' tumbles, tramped by a truggy and still nothing!!
Old 10-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Damn, I love the flat black! What paint is it and how well does it stay on?
Old 10-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Champion

Its the regular black backing paint, doesnt chip off any worse than it would from the inside.Lexan is lexan on both sides!! All of mine are painted this way and are holding up great, you can paint black underneath on the inside so even if it does chip it will still look black.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

I have read the whole thread and went ahead and bordered the truck. I plan on using the sc10 4x4 balls and ball ends with lunsford turn buckles. I need to know how long the balls need to be and if the lundsford's are 3mm or 3.5mm. I will be running on high bite indoor clay if any one has a suggestion for Losi springs for my application. I will post up after I get it and do a little testing on it.

Thanks
Old 10-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I wouldnt go buy the ball ends unless you encounter problems. Ive not popped one either and even let my kid beat on it a few times.

Marcus post up a pic or 2 of that body mounted up....it looks so rad ass.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The truck has a aluminum chassis correct?
Old 10-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kamlooper
I wouldnt go buy the ball ends unless you encounter problems. Ive not popped one either and even let my kid beat on it a few times.

Had a good day at the HARC regional race today with the TS4, truck is powered by a Tekin 4600 and BrushlessHobbies LT4 ESC and Fantom battery. Truck was super rough and dry, i had a hard time getting the tire i wanted so i changed tires every round and hoped for the best, was also troubled by a quirky reciever that kept fading off and coming back, Even with all that i managed to get Q2 with it and ended up winning the main by over a lap, every truck out there was a Losi! Ran the Associated 4.0 front springs in the rear with prototype pistons, could have dialed it in better but didnt bring my drill bits.

IF you havent tried it yet add weight in the rear and stif springs
Old 10-07-2012, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kamlooper

I understand what you are saying, but I feel a little money spent to save any problems is well worth it.

If someone can post up the length of the associated sc104x4 ball studs needed that would be great. I also need the sizes of the turnbuckles as well
Thanks
Old 10-07-2012, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Had a good day at the HARC regional race today with the TS4, truck is powered by a Tekin 4600 and BrushlessHobbies LT4 ESC and Fantom battery. Truck was super rough and dry, i had a hard time getting the tire i wanted so i changed tires every round and hoped for the best, was also troubled by a quirky reciever that kept fading off and coming back, Even with all that i managed to get Q2 with it and ended up winning the main by over a lap, every truck out there was a Losi! Ran the Associated 4.0 front springs in the rear with prototype pistons, could have dialed it in better but didnt bring my drill bits.

IF you havent tried it yet add weight in the rear and stif springs
Nice job whoop in on them losi's! Wish I could have raced.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'm hoping that Team C has found a spring solution. My brand new TS4TE has new silver springs all around. They don't need the helper spring and feel more suited for the 4x4. I used buggy rear shock shafts in the front with 3mm limiters. I believe I have 3mm more length now. I limited the outside so they won't break my outdrives and they feel good. I always drill two holes in each piston to #56. I have found this a happy medium. I am going to start with 35 in the rear and 40 in the front.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
Nice job whoop in on them losi's! Wish I could have raced.

nice marcus!
Old 10-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Tech Champion

Some action shots from the event!

Old 10-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

I ordered my truck and spares from CK Hobbies. I looked at my order on my account on there website. Under status it says pending. Under contact us I sent them a email. I haven't recieved any kind of reply and it has been a few days. I tried calling them and the phone # that is on the contact page says it is no longer in service. Does anyone have a way to contact them? This realy makes me wonder
Old 10-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nitro neil
I ordered my truck and spares from CK Hobbies. I looked at my order on my account on there website. Under status it says pending. Under contact us I sent them a email. I haven't recieved any kind of reply and it has been a few days. I tried calling them and the phone # that is on the contact page says it is no longer in service. Does anyone have a way to contact them? This realy makes me wonder
Wow didnt know they were still having issues, contact Roy J. about it and he will head you in the right direction.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Wow didnt know they were still having issues, contact Roy J. about it and he will head you in the right direction.
Is that his rctech user name?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.