Like Tree1Likes

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
I'm sure it has shipped, just spam Mike at CK with calls and get the tracking #
over a week now, and spammed him over 5 tracking number requests(website contact form). not a single reply.
Finally got status from processing to shipped. but still no tracking number info.
I'll be really sad if I don't see it when I got home today. TT
Old 08-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nicholasxuu
over a week now, and spammed him over 5 tracking number requests(website contact form). not a single reply.
Finally got status from processing to shipped. but still no tracking number info.
I'll be really sad if I don't see it when I got home today. TT
Wow, Sorry to hear that. I talked to him on Monday. I know he is really getting pounded with work. I know you can't get it soon enough, but it will be worth the wait. You will love the truck.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wow, Sorry to hear that. I talked to him on Monday. I know he is really getting pounded with work. I know you can't get it soon enough, but it will be worth the wait. You will love the truck.
Got home, still not here. Usually if I order in the end of Wednesday, I'll get it on Saturday.

how long do you guys usually get it? from order to receive?

If a spare part takes more than 1 week to arrive, (5 days actually), then it's terrible part support.
I mean, if I break something on one weekend, can't even go to race in next weekend.

*update:
got the reply, previous reply was considered junk mail and completely missed.
It's ordered before last Thursday, Shipped this Monday, UPS got it this Wednesday, UPS ships it this Thursday(today), and it will arrive next Tuesday.
Still very weird.

Last edited by nicholasxuu; 08-24-2012 at 12:55 AM.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Any suggestions of what spare parts to order with this truck? Maybe the diff cups and front arms?
thnx
Old 08-24-2012, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kamlooper
Any suggestions of what spare parts to order with this truck? Maybe the diff cups and front arms?
thnx
Steering knuckle, front diff bulkhead, ring and pinion for the diff, spur gear, front bumper..... I haven't broke anything except a front shock shaft which I replace with a traxxas shock shaft. The truck is very tough.

Last edited by symmetricon; 08-24-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks. Does anyone use the chassis dust cover or does it make things too hot?
Old 08-24-2012, 10:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Steering knuckle, front diff bulkhead, ring and pinion for the diff, spur gear, front bumper..... I haven't broke anything except a front shock shaft which I replace with a traxxas shock shaft. The truck is very tough.
+1 i have only stripped a ring and pinion (totally my fault) and that is it! i havent even popped a ball cup yet!
Old 08-24-2012, 11:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

shock shaft can break? they said their shock is from the same factory that makes yokomo shocks.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nicholasxuu
shock shaft can break? they said their shock is from the same factory that makes yokomo shocks.
He nailed a pole going full speed!!

Man what is up with CK?? i placed an order monday and it still says processing and i didnt get my order today.......
Old 08-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
He nailed a pole going full speed!!

Man what is up with CK?? i placed an order monday and it still says processing and i didnt get my order today.......
"Is not normal but I also work a regular job that had me out of town last week until Monday morning. " -Mike
Old 08-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Tech Initiate

are they the only supplier for team c?
Old 08-25-2012, 06:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mayheem
are they the only supplier for team c?
Not for long!!

OK SYM and i got to do ALOT of testing yesterday, i put in about 3 hours or so and he spent the entire day! And of course our setups are completely different But i did manage to get my best times and managed to get the truck a little more neutral but it still likes to whip the rear around on exit which i will address next time out with roll centers which i havent touched yet. watching our trucks on the track my truck seems to have much more entry and mid steering where his has decent mid but more exit with no "whipping" on exit. I swear SYM has used EVERY single adjustment on the truck
In general the truck has insane steering , knowing that i can numb that up a bit to get the truck so i went with stiffer front springs(losi 22 rear silvers) and softer rear springs(losi 22t rear whites WITH TEAM C HELPER SPRINGS!!!)
Same RCShox 5 hole dual stage with a little thicker in front 425 from 400 1.1/1.2, kept the rear the same at 275 1.2/1.3. i re aligned the front end with -1.5* camber and .5* toe out. Shock towers are in the middle front and rear but i went to the outside arm point on the rear to stabilize the rear a bit.
These changes made for better jumping as it had a tendency to go nose down where as now it is pretty level on most jumps and i dont have to stay on throttle in the air.
I also changed dif fluids to 10/5/5. The truck is so light that it can get away with actually probably lighter center dif fluid but it has been the best combo as of yet to me. The FIRST thing i notice with the heavier front dif fluid is that it "manipulates" much more in the air and is very stable on exit.
Last race night on a fast grooved track i had a best time of 34.9, yesterday on a green non grooved track that is about .5 to .8 tenths off what it will be today i cracked off a best time of 34.8 but stayed consistently at 35.1 on most laps, truck was very consistent.

Sym and i are both having to replace bearings kinda frequently. I destroyed the rear pinion bearing the other day, luckily i heard it and pulled off ASAP and didnt damage the gears. After i replaced them with ceramic bearings the truck got quieter. One of the center dif bearings did the same thing. So if you guys show some interest i can source out some ABEC 5 or 7 SS bearings or i already have ceramics in stock that i can put kits together, they are pricey but are worth it in my opinion.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Ouch, thats not good. Which bearings went, the larger outdrive brg or the pinion bearings?
Assuming its the bearing quality and not the gearbox design?
And ya ceramics are pricey....
Old 08-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Ouch, thats not good. Which bearings went, the larger outdrive brg or the pinion bearings?
I can assure you it is not the design. My pinion and diff bearings are fine, and I have probably put 50 packs through mine. I did however blow a bearing in the front wheel bearing in th steering knuckle.... no biggie. The bearing on the kit are a bit undersized, the kit is so light that I dont see it as a problem. I cant tell you how many bearings I went through on the center diff in my Losi.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:02 PM
Tech Champion

Its the bearing quality not the design, my ceramics are 5.00 each for ABEC 5 metal shield so its not too bad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.