Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

They should arrive, I hope, tomorrow. I will post here tomorrow around 3:30ish whether or not I will be going Saturday, ok???
Old 01-18-2002, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Tony > Sounds good, did you get my email? I never heard back form you.

Hope you can make it.
Old 01-18-2002, 09:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Problems with NTC3

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has had any problems with NTC3. I have yet to run mine, but have already had a couple problems during assembly and break-in. First I had a lot of problems with the stock hardware. It seems that some of my 1/16" allen screws were already stripped before I even used them. Thankfully I had extra hardware to use. This was somewhat of a nuisance. My other problem occurred during engine break-in. It seems that the e-clip used to hold the gear on the rear input shaft came off and completely locked my drivetrain. I reassembled it without the clip as there was no way for me to be sure it wouldn't do it during a race. Does anybody foresee a problem with this? Now don't get me wrong, this car is of the utmost quality. Just some small problems. Am wondering if I'm the only one with these problems? Any responses greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch.
Old 01-18-2002, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

I didn't have any problems with mine....I would keep an eye on it the first couple of runs....

Wolf...No tires....guess I'm not going. Next week for sure...

Sorry about that....
Old 01-18-2002, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

TP > No problem but i cant go next Saturday Sunday is SpeedTech. SoCal?

Hope to see you there.
Old 01-18-2002, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

As far as the screws,I know on any of the associated kits a good set of allen drivers help.......The 2 sp shaft is another issue....the groove on some of them was not cut deep enough.....If you call Associated they'll send youy a new one..........In the mean time,a 5 mm e clip will work,Kyosho and Serpent both make em...Or your local hardware store is a good choice(if theirs a Sears hardware,them also).............and I resent that "Rookie" tag...I knew the answer at least................

Last edited by fastharry™; 01-18-2002 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-18-2002, 04:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

You da man fastharry. Thanks alot for reply. I tried every e-clip I have, unfortunately none fit tight enough (they all expanded too far.) You are correct that the groove isn't cut deep enough. Do you foresee any problems running without the clip? I'll e-mail Associated and see about some freebies. Thanks again and happy racing!
Old 01-18-2002, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I haven't got that far on mine yet....I know about it because one of the guys at my LHS(I work next door) had that prob....i aclled associated and got the info....Im also had them send me a shaft....My freind did'nt want to wait and thats the eclip size that worked....I don't think I'd run it withoiut the eclip,ya gotta figure it's there for a reason,probably to stop the gear from sliding....It's also possible that your's is cut even less than my freinds.....I'd say call associated,if not find a clip that goes all the way around and locks at the 3 points of the clip..........
Old 01-18-2002, 08:07 PM

Mine also had the clip problem. It also had the other e-clip for the gear messed up. When I got the new shaft the whole drive train worked much better because the gear(bevel) was spaced correctly. I would not run it until you get the fixed part from AE. It only takes 4 days max to get the part.
Old 01-28-2002, 03:24 AM
Tech Champion

I have been racing Electric touring cars for about 10 years and raced Nitro tourers for about 3 years, but for the past two i have only raced electric...now as a result of seeing how good the Nitro TC3 looks i have decided i must have one and i will re enter Nitro racing!

So i have a few questions...

1. What do you guys think of the 2 speed?? is it strong??? is it a serpent style 2 speed with with clutch type shoes ??? or is it like a HPI 2 speed unit ??

2. Has Associated started shipping the option parts i.e graphite radio tray, lightweight drive train parts etc...

3. What starter box is best for the NTC3.

4. Whats's this weeks gun .12 motor???

Thanks in advance

PS
Old 01-28-2002, 06:41 PM

1. looks very stout, clutch style
2.no
3. my ofna box looks like it will work fine
4.Richey RTU(RTO no-ROAR)
Old 01-28-2002, 07:22 PM

The 2 speed is a shoe type design taken from the 1/8 scale rc500 I think, it seems very strong but alot of rotating mass, the lighter two speed parts will be a must. I can't even get the blade sway bar kit yet much less the graphite stuff, I'm using the RB 12 5 port engine but will have a Richie RTO by mid season. Any starter box will work if you can turn the motor around sideways in the box.
Old 01-30-2002, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

does the NTC3 have ball diffs????
Old 01-30-2002, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by bbntc3
The 2 speed is a shoe type design taken from the 1/8 scale rc500 I think, it seems very strong but alot of rotating mass, the lighter two speed parts will be a must. I can't even get the blade sway bar kit yet much less the graphite stuff, I'm using the RB 12 5 port engine but will have a Richie RTO by mid season. Any starter box will work if you can turn the motor around sideways in the box.
Where can i get info on the Richie RTO ??

Thanks
Old 01-30-2002, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by black-knight
does the NTC3 have ball diffs????
yes, it comes with front and rear ball diff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.