Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 12:52 PM
Ty
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thanks for all the info Tony. What servos do you recommend for the throttle and steering? Also what motor do you run (Picco, Nova, Mugen) and with what pipe? Thanks again and I am looking forward to the summer to pick up a NTC3. Your insight and help has been great, keep up the great work.
Old 01-06-2002, 01:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anyone know when spare parts or options are coming out or who has them???
Old 01-06-2002, 06:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Tower lists everything as "early Jan." They were 2 to 3 weeks later than that on the car. I will say the missing arms that AE sent my son were in a AE package with the correct part number etc. Spares must be close
Old 01-06-2002, 04:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Collet

What's up, I bought an NTC3 about a week ago and just picked up a new Collari 5-port .12 yesterdy. I had a few fitment problems when I dropped the engine in. The flywheel collet that came with the Collari is not compatible with the AE flywheel, to make it work correctly I had to make the collet shorter by cutting some material of the front and back of the collet. I tried the collet that came with the NTC3 but found the diameter to be too large for the engine shaft since it was intended for a Novarossi based engine. So does anybody know if AE plans on making a collet that accepts Picco and Collari cranks or if there are any other collets that would work properly.

Also, I have a Ofna single motor starter box for my Mugen MTX-2, so I set the NTC3 on the top of it to see if it would work if the motor in the starter box was moved to the horizontal position but it wasn't even close. I know this question was asked before, but can anyone reccomend me a good starter box and please be specific in the model name or number so I don't get the wrong one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Brock
Old 01-06-2002, 05:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

The collet fit my OS TR 12 fine. I know that Picco collets are different(I have a Picco in my Super) Did you say you tried a Picco collet?
I had the same problem with both of my OFNA boxes but I was able to position the car on it to turn over the motor. I read somewhere that AE is planning a box of their own.
There have been several "new" things to get used to with this car.I even had to buy all new (SAE) hex drivers now it looks like a box sometime in the future
Old 01-06-2002, 07:03 PM

supermugen; I raced piccs on the conversion and I add to use traxxas collets. hope this is some help. bb
Old 01-06-2002, 07:08 PM

Johnan Tower has all the part of backorder and says maybe Mid Jan!
Old 01-06-2002, 07:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Blimey: Thanks for the help, yeah the new Collari engine's collet is the same as picco collet, and the Collari one does not work with the NTC3. Although I did modify the Collari collet so it works descent. Do you have any idea as to when the AE starter box will be out? Just wondering because I start racing in about a month and need to finish breaking it in. I ran two tanks at idle today, starting it with a bump starter (a pain in the butt). The new Collari engine seems to really have some power even though I barely blipped the throttle a few times and while running around 165. It really has a cool sound when paired up with the NTC3 rear exhaust pipe. Can't wait to lean it out... I think will be way more powerful than my other RB and Mt-12's.

BBNTC3: Thank you for the info, but do you think the traxxas collet will work with the new car as spacing and fitting the flywheel correcty? Thanks

-Brock
Old 01-06-2002, 08:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Super Mugen..sorry I don't know the ETA of the box.Actually I read that there would be one somewhere on either this forum or HPI's so it is more of a rumor at this point.Maybe Tony might have some insight.I figured since our season doesn't start till @ May I would make due until then I have two Ofna boxes,one single motor style and the smaller two motor style and neither worked very well.
Old 01-07-2002, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

I know this blasphemy, but if you go to Trinity Tech Talk there is a thread on the Nitro TC3 which Barry Baker is on and talks about how he converted a Ofna box to work with the TC3.

In addition, AE is coming out with a starter box. No time frame as of yet.
Old 01-07-2002, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

DAMN YOU WOLFEMAN!!!! YOU ARE NO LONGER WELCOME IN THE HOUSE OF R/C TECH!!!!

I'm sure you were expecting that from someone, eh?
Old 01-07-2002, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

I know, but i had to mention it since i never see Barry on this board.

Sorry....

TP > You racing this weekend? where?
Old 01-07-2002, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Nope...still some moving stuff to do. Should be getting our new dining room set and couch this weekend.

Next weekend for sure....maybe Revelation.
Old 01-07-2002, 11:41 PM
Tech Regular

Wolfeman.

Can you post a link for Trinity Tech Talk. Thanks.
Old 01-08-2002, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Another blasphemous request....

dub dub dub dot teamtrinity dot com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.