Old 09-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Tech Initiate

HI
DS Motorsport

Continue your good work ..

what can I expect from this car?

have many differences from the NT1?

How is the handling of this car?

itīs better wait and by the NT1 WC that will come out in end of September?
Old 09-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T.Senna
HI
DS Motorsport

Continue your good work ..

what can I expect from this car?

have many differences from the NT1?

How is the handling of this car?

itīs better wait and by the NT1 WC that will come out in end of September?
Hi,

Thanks.

Some of the strongpoints about the car according to me:

-Exceptional quality, the machining, carbon and plastics are of the best quality I've seen thus far.
-Aluminium bulkheads.
-Ultra lightweight from the start, most have reported to be around the 1600 grams with the stock kit.
-Comes with every optional part already in the kit, so no more paying for the stock heavy parts most of us dedicated racers don't use anyway.
-Kit comes with the best clutch available, the Capricorn WCE clutch.
-Low CG, might be the lowest of all cars.
-Lightest drivetrain of all cars, aluminum driveshafts, graphite diff gears, lightweight outdrives, it's all standard in the kit.

One of the main differences to the NT1 are the aluminum bulkheads compared to the plastic ones used on the NT1. Gives a lot nicer construction and less chance on stripping threads.
Geometry wise both cars are quite similar, the Lab has a nimbler, direct feel compared to the NT1 because of it's construction.

I hope to tell you more about the handling this saturday, after I've driven it.

Can't comment about the NT1 WC, don't know what the price of the kit is going to be. One thing is for certain, it won't have the Capricorn clutch, lightweight drivetrain or brake system. All of these parts are a massive improvement to the NT1 I've experienced. Add all these parts to the price of the WC kit and I'm pretty certain the Lab C01 will be the cheaper option.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
Hi,

Thanks.

Some of the strongpoints about the car according to me:

-Exceptional quality, the machining, carbon and plastics are of the best quality I've seen thus far.
-Aluminium bulkheads.
-Ultra lightweight from the start, most have reported to be around the 1600 grams with the stock kit.
-Comes with every optional part already in the kit, so no more paying for the stock heavy parts most of us dedicated racers don't use anyway.
-Kit comes with the best clutch available, the Capricorn WCE clutch.
-Low CG, might be the lowest of all cars.
-Lightest drivetrain of all cars, aluminum driveshafts, graphite diff gears, lightweight outdrives, it's all standard in the kit.

One of the main differences to the NT1 are the aluminum bulkheads compared to the plastic ones used on the NT1. Gives a lot nicer construction and less chance on stripping threads.
Geometry wise both cars are quite similar, the Lab has a nimbler, direct feel compared to the NT1 because of it's construction.

I hope to tell you more about the handling this saturday, after I've driven it.

Can't comment about the NT1 WC, don't know what the price of the kit is going to be. One thing is for certain, it won't have the Capricorn clutch, lightweight drivetrain or brake system. All of these parts are a massive improvement to the NT1 I've experienced. Add all these parts to the price of the WC kit and I'm pretty certain the Lab C01 will be the cheaper option.
Congrats on the new car DS!

Did you ever break the composite gears? Or did you change them regularly?
Old 09-09-2010, 02:24 AM
Tech Adept

The 2010 car features all the parts which are available separately in the 2010 upgrade kit, this consists of the following parts:

- 2010 rear and front shock tower
- New bel tensioner plate
- Steel pivot balls for increased steering angle
- Single shock oring kit for smoother shocks.
- Titanium nitride coated shock shafts
- Brass battery plate, because the car is far below legal weight.

I ordered my kit today, hope to have it this friday, practice on saturday and race it on sunday.

Will do a little report on the building process.

I'm also planning to post setups regularly since there aren't much setups available yet.

So anyone who has questions regarding the Lab C01, Lab E01 or Hardlight tires don't hesitate sending me a PM or email.
hoow, build the hole kit in one day? you have a lot of work to do! Waiting days to pass for the new kit to arrive must be very hard Waiting for the report, i like this car alot and if the quality is like you say, well time to save money...
Old 09-09-2010, 04:39 AM
Tech Regular

i think lab c01 is a massive improvement over nt1(used to run it last year) in terms of easiness of maintanence, better drivetrain, and stronger parts. It is hard to believe but I crashed the car full throttle several times but nothing ever damaged. We also have about 35C air temp and 60C track temp in turkey, so its very hard on car but no problems, every part is from kit after 4 gallons except belts. You buy the kit and dont pay anymore, simple
Old 09-09-2010, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Riketsu
Congrats on the new car DS!

Did you ever break the composite gears? Or did you change them regularly?
Thanks.

Never changed them, have been running the same set since march this year.
If you change to the composite gears it is important to start with a fresh diff.
So outdrives which are still good and more importantly the little pin which goes through the outdrive and blocks the planetary diff gear.
If this little pin has been worn already by the steel gears the composite gear will wear out very quickly and breaks because of the play it develops.
Also fill the diff with enough oil and change regularly. I see a lot of people with diffs which haven't been rebuild for 3-4 months, with a lack of oil the gears will have less lubrication and damping from the oil.

Originally Posted by gfilos
hoow, build the hole kit in one day? you have a lot of work to do! Waiting days to pass for the new kit to arrive must be very hard Waiting for the report, i like this car alot and if the quality is like you say, well time to save money...
Building a kit in one day isn't a problem, takes me about 5 hours. Then 2 hours for setup and another hour for painting the body.
Some other brand I ran before the NT1 took a little longer, the dremelling to make everything fit alone was good enough for 5 hours.

The build report I will probably post sunday evening or after the weekend, don't think I will have the time between practice and racing.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Rookie

He DS,

One comment, i think the car is very expencive.
It`s about 180Euro more expensive then a 733, or NT1.

Normaly you by serveral kit`s on a begin of the year, so that make a difference.

And you does the spare parts costs in compare to others?

But if the car is faster (i wonder) than other brands than it`s worth every bit of money of course

But i am very curious to see the car (and you of course ) on saterday.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by petertjes
He DS,

One comment, i think the car is very expencive.
It`s about 180Euro more expensive then a 733, or NT1.

Normaly you by serveral kit`s on a begin of the year, so that make a difference.

And you does the spare parts costs in compare to others?

But if the car is faster (i wonder) than other brands than it`s worth every bit of money of course

But i am very curious to see the car (and you of course ) on saterday.
I have to admit, the starting cost's of a Lab are higher compared to a 733 or NT1.
But most drivers will buy various optional parts for their cars, in my case I have 300+ euros worth of optionals on my NT1.

The same thing goes for the 733, this car is very heavy in stock form, 1800+gr isn't an exception.
If you buy the TiNi shock shafts, optional brakedisk, composite diff gears and low friction belts I think this 180 euro gap will be a lot smaller.
And then you still have a car which is a lot heavier as a lab, and doesn't have the Capricorn clutch.

Spares are priced similar to the NT1 parts (using the Capricorn site as a source) but are tougher and last longer according to Musti72.

I'm very curious as well, I'm convinced the car will be faster.
I'm aiming for a 16.0-16.3 at the end of saturday.

See you saturday
Old 09-10-2010, 01:47 AM
Tech Regular

Daan,

I`m also there on saturday, and see the LAb that you are using.
Curious what it will do on the track also.

Greetz JW
Old 09-10-2010, 04:16 AM
Tech Master

It's here:

Hope to be back within 6-8 hours with the end result.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Unfortunately I wasn't able to complete the build, one of the rear eccenters for the diff bearings was faulty. The hole for the bearing was 2mm too high compared to the other side.

The build itself has been really good thus far, parts quality is outstanding, too bad about the eccenter but stuff like that can happen.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

u got rid of the nt1?
Old 09-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

too bad about the eccenter but stuff like that can happen.
Doesn't happen with XRAY...

J/k..

That sucks... Not being able to drive your dream car while its in your hands.

The Xray's Eccenter dont work there?? And no one in the track has that car or spare parts?
Old 09-11-2010, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

J/k..

The Xray's Eccenter dont work there?? And no one in the track has that car or spare parts?
In the netherlands i have not seen the lab on racetracks or anywhere. So i was curious to see the car in real time. But if Ds is going to be faster with this car in stead of the NT1 i am sure more people are going to buy this car, and its also an pretty car so that helps. i wish it wasn,t that expensive though

greetz JW
Old 09-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LiL_JaSoN
u got rid of the nt1?
Still have them, they will be on sale pretty soon though.

J/k..

Actually it does happen with Xray,on my last NT1 kit and my T3 kit several parts were missing.

The difference is, when it happens with Xray they tell you 'bad luck, this is the part number' so you can order it at a shop.
With Capricorn they will send it out immediatly with DHL express and you have it the next day before 12:00.
I was just unlucky it was friday already, now I will have the new part this tuesday.

Unfortunately the Xray eccenter doesn't fit, the Capricorn ones have a hexagonal shape.
At first I was planning to draw one in Cad and have it made at the nearest machine shop but they weren't able to have it done before the end of the day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.