Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tamiya TA05MS

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 01:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rampal
20g off and it looks good!!!

BTW, are you using the battery holder stuff? I mean, not the side braces for stick packs, but the battery holder and front and rear braces... I wonder if it works OK with 5 cell.... I'm using tape....
Yes it does, blue jewelry

Yep, i also made that 6 cell front/rear brace conversion without little side braces.

I cut a little in the top of them and put those scruws who came with carbon batterybrace in them and it`s done. It`s wright high then.

I didn`t like that plastic brace so i bought a carbon battery brace, but when i will start to use my MS i use tape, because 5 cell... you know
Old 08-02-2007, 01:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

can you please post some pics??? want to see it...
Old 08-02-2007, 04:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cruisaaja
Yes it does, blue jewelry
I didn`t like that plastic brace so i bought a carbon battery brace, but when i will start to use my MS i use tape, because 5 cell... you know
5 cell is all about weight... at least around here, where 1350gr is the rule...

Yeah, i was wondering about the fact I haven't even opened the bag with the battery holder pieces (the antenna holder was an spare one from the MSXX, thus I was wondering if it holds something or not... I tried to use a carbon battery brace in the past (in my TA05 and in my old Schumacher) but on a crash batteries are always the first thap pop-off... which does not happen with the tape....
Old 08-02-2007, 05:05 AM
Tech Adept

Xanavi/rampal

I`ll post some pics those my fixings later tonight.

Usually i use Xenon blue tape, because it`s good looking and enough tight to hold batts down

Only bad thing is that at you have to change it regularly, because it get dirt or something and getting loose. Mainly i change new tape before finals...

Point is... if you made main crash, it`s same do you use tape or batterybrace they pop-off anyway, trust me i know that

Couple pics

MS with 6 cell batterybrace http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/b...t=PICT0018.jpg

MS with electricity http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/b...t=PICT0005.jpg

And MRE http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/b...t=PICT0020.jpg

Last edited by Cruisaaja; 08-02-2007 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Add pics
Old 08-03-2007, 01:01 AM
Tech Master

hey guys... did you put CA on the sides of the carbon fiber parts??? like the chassis, shock towers, etc.??? or s it okay if there is no CA on it??? What will be the consequences???
Old 08-03-2007, 01:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34
hey guys... did you put CA on the sides of the carbon fiber parts??? like the chassis, shock towers, etc.??? or s it okay if there is no CA on it??? What will be the consequences???
yes, i put CA all around (with a black permanent marker previously to make it look better ), and then I use 2 techniques:

1) drip technique on the side of the chassis (one drop of CA, and use the gravity to move it around)

2) Q-tip technique: with some drops of CA on a q-tip, pass it around the difficult places (upperdeck, previously filled battery slots), etc.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rampal
yes, i put CA all around (with a black permanent marker previously to make it look better ), and then I use 2 techniques:

1) drip technique on the side of the chassis (one drop of CA, and use the gravity to move it around)

2) Q-tip technique: with some drops of CA on a q-tip, pass it around the difficult places (upperdeck, previously filled battery slots), etc.
Okay... but what if I dont put CA all around??? And btw, I dont get your techniques... Can you clarify it for I can also do your technique if that is okay with you...
Old 08-03-2007, 01:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cruisaaja
Xanavi/rampal

I`ll post some pics those my fixings later tonight.

Usually i use Xenon blue tape, because it`s good looking and enough tight to hold batts down

Only bad thing is that at you have to change it regularly, because it get dirt or something and getting loose. Mainly i change new tape before finals...

Point is... if you made main crash, it`s same do you use tape or batterybrace they pop-off anyway, trust me i know that

Couple pics

MS with 6 cell batterybrace http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/b...t=PICT0018.jpg

MS with electricity http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/b...t=PICT0005.jpg

And MRE http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/b...t=PICT0020.jpg
Nice stuff Cruissaja!!

questions:

1)are you using 6-cell on there up North ?? is that stock (you have a Novak 5800 on it...)?

2) what kind of servo-saver is that one??

thanks and cheers,
al

P.D: I'm planning going to Stokholm at the end of August... do you know some race field on the area??
Old 08-03-2007, 04:11 AM
Tech Adept

Hey there

Xanavi.

Don`t worry, i never messed CA in my chassis at all. I just round edges and that`s it...

rampal

Thanks

You get it what i mean that 6 cell braces modification to MS?

Yes, we still use 6 cell in our 17t class, but only 2 races left and after that we start to test and use 5 cell system.

That Novak SS5800 brushless give same power like 17t brushed motor in our terms.

In this season i use brushed Brood 17t motor and Hara Twister 2.2 esc, but in that picture i just buy that LRP TC spec and Novak 5800 in coming carpet season.

pic with brushed stuff http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/b...t=PICT0015.jpg

Couple of testings with my racefellows and we decided to use Kimbrough saver is the best thing with S9550 Futaba. That saver springs are strong and no flex in streering at all

Visit Stockholm? You may better ask Holmenkollen or Eirik in this forum if they can help you out?

Last edited by Cruisaaja; 08-03-2007 at 07:21 AM. Reason: pic added
Old 08-03-2007, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Okay, thanks sir...
Old 08-03-2007, 09:57 AM
Tech Addict

cruisaaja (not easy, eh?? ) thanks for the pictures, yeah, I got it. Bu I think I will keep with the 'super blue Xenon battery tape' that matchs tamiya blue

Xanavi, dude, check this out: carbon chassis preparation by team crc, the drop technique is there..... I use this one for big pieces borders (chassis, damper stays mainly) and then where the thing gets difficult and I'm too concern to screw it up, I use the qTip with little CA on it, to avoid the mess... I normally use the qtip on the battery holes and sometimes on the diff and spur holes as well...

CA reduces the probability of the carbon pieces gettting splitted if you crash badly... not avoid...
Old 08-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Thanks sir al...
Old 08-03-2007, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

Xanavi, no problem

rampal, i use that Xenon blue tape also.

And that CA use in generally, i void it as much as possible, because that smell of it. Good thing was at we use preclued tires indoor- and outdoor season
Old 08-03-2007, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default What parts fit?

Hello all you happy TA05MS owners. Could you help me out and answer some questions for me:

1. Is the TA05 spool a direct fit on the MS?
2. Which center one-way would I buy if I wanted to add one? My guess is 53952. Could someone confirm?
3. If I wanted aluminum servo statys, which ones would I order? MSXX ones?

Thanks all!
Old 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ittjv
Hello all you happy TA05MS owners. Could you help me out and answer some questions for me:

1. Is the TA05 spool a direct fit on the MS?
2. Which center one-way would I buy if I wanted to add one? My guess is 53952. Could someone confirm?
3. If I wanted aluminum servo statys, which ones would I order? MSXX ones?

Thanks all!
1. yes. drag and drop.
2. not sure?
3. 53723.

maiden voyage of the 05MS at the tamiya track tomorrow. hope i dont destroy anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.