Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i know a bunch of guys are already building their mtx-4's, but has anyone actually raced this car yet??
Old 10-14-2005, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
i know a bunch of guys are already building their mtx-4's, but has anyone actually raced this car yet??
There's a UK Nationals (Round 8 of the 200mm rubber class) this weekend and I was told at 3hobby.net at least two top Mugen drivers will be there to race their brand spanking new MTX4.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i also wonder if there are any mugen drivers with their mtx-4 at the paris memorial this weekend...

but cool man, i hope the car dominates
Old 10-14-2005, 04:02 PM
Tech Adept

last day i drive the mtx 4 on my home track and compare it with my tm g4,
the difference are 0,5 second faster without any stress. my g4 have tons off hop ups, and the mugen is out of the box. there are more power in the car with a finer set up.
i am happy with my mugen .
dieter
Old 10-14-2005, 04:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I know that this kit is super, but wow I can't believe a lot of people are justifying such a high cost. I'm sure that if the Manufacture/Distributor/Retailer see's everyone justifying a high price then of course they're gonna do a price markup.

On a personal note, I was gonna get the MTX-4 when I heard the price tag was around $350usd. If it is indeed more than $450usd, then I'm out of luck because it's just too pricey for me since I'm a college student. Much luck to those who have deeper pockets though.

The way I see it, If a G4 can sell for cheap then why can't a MTX-4 or other high end cars be the same? I mean they all require the same technology to design one. The materials are pretty much the same(carbon fiber, aluminum, steel, rubber and plastic) which require pretty much the same tools/machines to make them. Sure the performance isn't the same(or is it; The MTX-4 hasn't been tested yet!).
Old 10-14-2005, 04:38 PM
Tech Adept

hi stefan,
did you add the shipping to germany and the taxe, then you become the car for 388,80 euros, thats very cheap

@tnbigdawg,
oh man, fiat put also the same parts (tires, engine, body and so on ) in there cars as porsche, but the price is a little different

dieter
Old 10-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Tech Champion

would like to share my 1st time wit X4..

well lastnite was like dream came tru to drive such a beatiful car..just only after 2laps,i was flying on d X4!powered on LRP 3ports,d kit was superb!marvelous!
Take off punch is still d mugen trademark where i can say WOW!!wit just stock gearing 17/23 pinion,59/53 spur,must be hack of my head to imagine how d car can perform..
talk about the handling,1st is d chasis rolling?even on d stock chasis u l be smiling wer d X3 cant realy coop up,u can do most wonders on d corner exit/entry onpower,sharp turn tackling and wat to comments more when punching out d corners,it was like traction drift which allows u to simultaneous control d head and tail direction,i didnt mean it drift out,but it is somethg like it witout loosing d rear and it wasnt drifting..
on d straight line overtaking,u may do like real on road manouvering and take ur chance changing lanes instantly witout losing ur control..

GREAT MTX4 IS NOW READY TO RHUMBLE... good luck Team Mugen next year IFMAR..
Old 10-14-2005, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

everywhere I called said they don't have the instock yet... where can I buy one?
Old 10-14-2005, 10:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4racer
@tnbigdawg,
oh man, fiat put also the same parts (tires, engine, body and so on ) in there cars as porsche, but the price is a little different

dieter

Yeah I know what you mean. The higher price people pay for is actually for the Name Brand. Same goes for a lot of consumer products. These companies figure, why not charge more money since people will buy them anyways. People like Name Brand stuff because these names grow on them and they'll pay the price just to have it rather than paying less for a similar product with a brand name that's either never heard of or new to the market. I'm not saying this is a bad thing because it's not really anyone's fault for price hikes. I'm just complaining that's all; Because I want a MTX-4 at $350 or cheaper !!!
Old 10-14-2005, 10:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

O.O:::::::::::::::::::::::::
Hope this wont come true (the price):

http://h1071258.hobbyshopnow.com/pro...?prod=MUGT0050
Old 10-14-2005, 10:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris anthony
everywhere I called said they don't have the instock yet... where can I buy one?
RC Mushroom has it for $380 now:
http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....oducts_id=7302
Old 10-14-2005, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Hobbyshop must have that at retail price or something. No way in hell a nitro sedan would be that much. That's priced more than 8th buggies and 8th onroads!
Old 10-14-2005, 11:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Hobbyshop must have that at retail price or something. No way in hell a nitro sedan would be that much. That's priced more than 8th buggies and 8th onroads!

That is actually correct. Many hobby shops have an online link to horizon as part of their "catalog"... and this shop Fordham Hobbies is exactly that....

Look at Horizon site....
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByC...rodID=MUGT0050

If anyone that knows the guys behind the counter at your lhs well, probably knows a good estimate on hobby shop's cost is about 50% off distributor's list price.... List price is $808.

I would like to get a MTX4 at $350 too, but I really don't think that's going to happen....

Dom
Old 10-14-2005, 11:41 PM
Tech Regular

so, know my statement to the mtx-4. i must say on the first pictures you havenīt seen really the new items and details.

after I have had the possibility to drive the mtx-4 of 4racer I must say, thats a really good car. good handling, perfet parts, smooth runing and easy access to all setup settings/ changes. like diff or radioplate.

i cant wait until i have mine )

regards, jay!
Old 10-14-2005, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tnbigdawg
Yeah I know what you mean. The higher price people pay for is actually for the Name Brand. Same goes for a lot of consumer products. These companies figure, why not charge more money since people will buy them anyways. People like Name Brand stuff because these names grow on them and they'll pay the price just to have it rather than paying less for a similar product with a brand name that's either never heard of or new to the market. I'm not saying this is a bad thing because it's not really anyone's fault for price hikes. I'm just complaining that's all; Because I want a MTX-4 at $350 or cheaper !!!
How the heck can you complain, when NOBODY knows the street price for the car yet.

It's all just rumours so far

You guys are f...... unbelievable.

WAIT AND SEE!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.