Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcracerdude
what was it that you call to gas station rasing their prices higher than normal? US law has a way of catching people doing that, why not in RC industry too? Not sure whether that store is doing an unlawful act , but it just doesn't look right...
The law does not apply here. You need gas to go to work, school etc. If gas stations take advantage of an unfair situation and try to maximize their profit at the cost of consumer who has no choice but to pay the higher prices, then they are gauging. But in this case the RC car is not a necessity and you have plenty of other choices if you want to pay less then it can not be considered gauging.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
The law does not apply here. You need gas to go to work, school etc. If gas stations take advantage of an unfair situation and try to maximize their profit at the cost of consumer who has no choice but to pay the higher prices, then they are gauging. But in this case the RC car is not a necessity and you have plenty of other choices if you want to pay less then it can not be considered gauging.
Well I guess I'll just go the the station that charges less, the.... No offense Jeff, I know you by racing in Vegas and in Crystal park. Comparing to gas prices, people have choices too, but whose going to stop the people gauging prices? Personally, I don't care, we both know we have choices like what you said. Just unfair for people who would be buying those kits at that price.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by toddy_gas_man
Well, we, of couse, should support our Local Hobby Store. However, the price should be more reasonable. If Mugen wants to set the price that high; that's okay. But at least, try to prove that Mugen can win the US National! HPI has won 2 consecutive 2003-2004. And the price of R40 wasn't this ugly.
Erm no flame intending.. i am no economics student but i think its always cheaper to get local goods then foreign goods.

Am i right to say that HPI is a European or US product?
Old 10-18-2005, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default mtx-4

hey jeff waz-up!
Old 10-18-2005, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

if any rc company is doing any unlawful act it has to be AMBrc, they jack the price up even more almost every month
Old 10-18-2005, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up Art Carbonell on the MTX-4

Art Carbonell, VP Roll Center Products, is going to document his experience building, testing and running the MTX-4 over the next 4-6 weeks. We'll publish updates every couple of days starting Thursday. Go to www.rollcenterproducts.com and follow the links or I'll publish the exact URL on Thursday.

Joaquin
Old 10-18-2005, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Guyz,

any building tip for the MTX-4. . .

What kind of engine and manifold would best fit this new beast! ! !

Cheers!!!
Old 10-18-2005, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by isuzuguy
hey jeff waz-up!
Hey what's up Henry! I missed catching up with you at the RD race--that whole day was just hectic! I think I was either marshalling, racing or pitting the entire day! Are you guys getting an MTX-4? Can't wait to see it on track.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chaya
Hi Guyz,

any building tip for the MTX-4. . .

What kind of engine and manifold would best fit this new beast! ! !

Cheers!!!
Fits like a glove, not much adjustments you need to do.

Currently running a Max and Max power pipe, but am thinking of getting a LL5 or a Zac tuned OS
Old 10-18-2005, 09:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

What is overdrive??

Im about to build my mtx-4 and have noticed their is an
overdrive option.

PS. By the way got my car fom rc-champ , Great price.
I dont shop from local hobby shop coz their a rip off.
They dont support the race track at all so i got my car
from who ever gave me the best price.

cheers
Old 10-18-2005, 10:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BrentL
if any rc company is doing any unlawful act it has to be AMBrc, they jack the price up even more almost every month
Huahahaha....

Yeah, this little thing goes up unnotice !!
Old 10-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I just finnished building the car. Only have servo's to go. Just noticed that the car has a loose side belt. This could be the way its designed. Also, even though the Kit I got came from a stateside hobby shop, it didn't have the tires. I called mugen and talked to them. If the kit you are going to buy does not have a bar-code sticker on the side of the box with a serial number, its an overseas kit.

I'm waiting on another one now from another hobby shop, this kit will be coming from HRP. I built the car with a lot of hop-ups that I had to fabricate, and I am still working on a few more. Just putting the finishing touches on the Titanium front sway bar blocks and 3mm shock towers. Stock is 2.5mm. I like the kit so far, its has a nice setup for the front roll center, fit and finish of everything exceeded my expectations! Built the car to almost a prospec, only if I had a 4mm chassis The rear sway bar, 2.1mm, I like the way that the adjustability of the rear lower hing pins, very cool idea, and also the steering ackerman too. Total time of build so far: 4 hours and only need to install servo's. I am however curious about the side belt, has anybody else noticed the looseness?
Old 10-18-2005, 10:41 PM
Tech Champion

Is this transferable to the 4 ?

Old 10-18-2005, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

no, however, the front CVD's will work on the front, but the rear, I'm looking for a set of 60mm long cvd bones. If cannot find them, I will make them this weekend.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by HELLOkitty
i would love to see a good build up.did u get yours overseas or here in the usa?
itīs the europe version. i live in germany.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.