rear diff pulley tooth
Brake pulley tooth
brake pulley out tooth
Front out pulley tooth
front midle pulley tooth
front diff pulley tooth

Thanks in avance

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
so to get the rollout correct, a 2.5mm split....hmm. Progressive. a better calculation would be: RearTireDim X .9617 = FTD.
or FrontTireDim x 1.0397= RTD.
This would calculate for different tire diameter, correct?
Old 10-14-2005, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CrayonShinChan
The easiest way to mount the engine is to remove the belt and belt tensioner and chassis stiffener, and slide the engine in from the side. There's no way for it to go in from the top.
Hi Guys,

After doing it a couple of times, i think we can skip 1 less step...

Need to remove only belt and belt tensioner and of course the engine chassis monut screws.

No need to remove the chassis stiffener as you slide the engine in sideways...
Am i right ?
Old 10-14-2005, 08:11 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by slooookomo
Have 2 front ends and all diffs built so far... As mentioned you need to cut a bit of the bulk head off on one side to make it fit. I guess the biggest problem is the front shock tower. One of them has to be filed on the bottom to fit. After that discovery, I stack 2 shock towers together. They are in different shape and the distance between holes are different!

Kind of hard to figure out which tower is the correct one! The serial number on chassis are in sequence... Surely they are from the same batch!

Also, they missed packing a grub screw/small pins bag on one of the kit too...
Crappy craftmanship on shock towers definitely worth a lot! You can post both pictures?
Old 10-14-2005, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I was hoping the same..... but, $450 sounds about right for a shop that doesn't like making a whole lot of $. $480 is about how much your normal hobby shop that doesn't support racers will charge. This car ain't cheap.

Dom
Old 10-14-2005, 09:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

One of our distributors has it listed at 499.99.

But I'm not sure why your complaining about the price to Mike S. he can't change it so your wasting your time. You can go out and get a mongoose or some other car but in the end you will either go buy a MTX-4 or wish you had.
KT
Old 10-14-2005, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
I was hoping the same..... but, $450 sounds about right for a shop that doesn't like making a whole lot of $. $480 is about how much your normal hobby shop that doesn't support racers will charge. This car ain't cheap.

Dom
if that is the case, distributors is giving pressure to dealer and want to swallow all the cash on their own. consider 450 is $100 higher then the street price in HK. that is too much of profit each kit they sell to dealer.
please don't be the second GP, it won't work for long
Old 10-14-2005, 09:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Rumor has it that Mugan USA is switching from JP Novas to M-Speed OZ-TZ12's... WOW!!!! M-Speed motors possilbly sold through Mugen USA and what a great match with the new MTX4... I hope Mugen USA will shed some light on this... Like I said... It's just a rumor that I heard yesturday and I would have not posted this if it did not have some legs of truth to it... Any valid info into this would make alot of M-speed and OS fans very happy... Mugen USA...

RC_Alan
Old 10-14-2005, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc_alan
Rumor has it that Mugan USA is switching from JP Novas to M-Speed OZ-TZ12's... WOW!!!! M-Speed motors possilbly sold through Mugen USA and what a great match with the new MTX4... I hope Mugen USA will shed some light on this... Like I said... It's just a rumor that I heard yesturday and I would have not posted this if it did not have some legs of truth to it... Any valid info into this would make alot of M-speed and OS fans very happy... Mugen USA...

RC_Alan
It is very interesting info and I am sure you won't put it if you don't have some legimate info ( I am sure you can put here source of info).
I think it might hirt fans-M-speed is pretty much very expencive, power wise-I haven't hird anybody use them on any big international races and din't hird any winning podium.
Edward
Old 10-14-2005, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rc_alan

RC_Alan
Sorry Alan but the rumor you heard is not true. We will allways have JP motors and products and a JP motor will be the only motor you will see in my car at major races. It is possible you may see JP modified OS motors through Mugen USA next year.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom

Dom
450 sounds about right.... You guys got some deep pockets! That's way too high! That's close to the price of a 1/8 scale! That's not even a PROSPEC YET! I might have to pass on this one, probably wait until I get a good deal from Hongkong or wherever cheaper.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mike_Swauger
Sorry Alan but the rumor you heard is not true. We will allways have JP motors and products and a JP motor will be the only motor you will see in my car at major races. It is possible you may see JP modified OS motors through Mugen USA next year.
What is the main reason(s) for JP to change from Nova based to OS based engines?
Old 10-14-2005, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kt racing
One of our distributors has it listed at 499.99.

But I'm not sure why your complaining about the price to Mike S. he can't change it so your wasting your time. You can go out and get a mongoose or some other car but in the end you will either go buy a MTX-4 or wish you had.
KT
Guys, chill out. $499 list price will get you to a street price of approx. $350.

Usually in Europe we get screwed a little harder when it comes to R/C (and fuel ) and the car is available here for 399 Euros.

It's all good......
Old 10-14-2005, 10:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by stefan
Guys, chill out. $499 list price will get you to a street price of approx. $350.

Usually in Europe we get screwed a little harder when it comes to R/C (and fuel ) and the car is available here for 399 Euros.

It's all good......
Hahaha..... LOL LOL
Old 10-14-2005, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracerdude
450 sounds about right.... You guys got some deep pockets! That's way too high! That's close to the price of a 1/8 scale! That's not even a PROSPEC YET! I might have to pass on this one, probably wait until I get a good deal from Hongkong or wherever cheaper.
Agree with you, 1/10 should not have the price exceed 350 and 1/8 should not go over 450~500. because car kit isn't the only thing that are pricy. a middle rate .12 rear engine + pipe also cost 300+ and servo and spareparts. that is a lot of money.
having overly high price will discourage young kid to get into RC and the future of the market will shrink til like a size of atom,
many of us is jsut regular person with regular income. our income don't follow the increasing price of RC
Old 10-14-2005, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wendellc1
What is the main reason(s) for JP to change from Nova based to OS based engines?
Remember Trinity a few years back with their battery monopoly?

My guess is that NR is jacking up prices in knowledge that they are building the best engines right now.

Serpent went from NR to Picco, although I'm not sure this was a great move.

It seems that OS is getting away from their "undestructable but slow" philosophy, judging by the TZ3.

Just my 2 cents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.