Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 12:09 AM
Tech Adept

hi car breaker,
i have race the g4/ mongoose for 3 years. now i have a mtx 4, and i say you this car is mutch more better. yes the price is high, but the quality are higher
then the g4. if team magic learn to make a durable car without the mistakes are in, the price goes also up.
dieter
Old 10-14-2005, 12:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4racer
hi car breaker,
i have race the g4/ mongoose for 3 years. now i have a mtx 4, and i say you this car is mutch more better. yes the price is high, but the quality are higher
then the g4. if team magic learn to make a durable car without the mistakes are in, the price goes also up.
dieter
I don't think so. 480 is just a jack up price for profit. consider that plastic and aluminium is very common material,
yes higher quality euqal higher price, but sometime company use this as excuse to make more profit.
I understand the design cost a lot, but for Mugen reputation, it is easy for them to get the development fee back in quite short time as the car will sell well for sure.
having a car tagged 480 is just a burden consider it is not a RTR. many thing have to be bought seperately.
if a car is better then other for don't know how long it will be. the next car will come out in higher price. now is 480 for MTX4, the next K or S car will priced 520 and next is 600. eventually, only those millionair can afford a RC,
in the long run, the market will shrink as not much people can afford anything

jack up price is not the right way to do bussiness in the long run. I doubt many people really under stand that.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:43 AM
Tech Adept

hi car breaker,
i do not understand your problem.
in germany the g4 have a listprice from 329 euro thats about 400 usd.
the kyosho rrr cost aroud 559 usd, and the rrr wc version 635 usd.
dieter
Old 10-14-2005, 03:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 4racer
hi car breaker,
i do not understand your problem.
in germany the g4 have a listprice from 329 euro thats about 400 usd.
the kyosho rrr cost aroud 559 usd, and the rrr wc version 635 usd.
dieter
I think Car breaker live in USA. He expects to buy cheaper price just like shopping in Hong Kong, which is around $350 - $360. I'm not sure if his wish come true, .... good luck car breaker ! I hope Mugen USA have mercy on you j/k

I don't know why rc prices in Europe are relatively more expensive than in USA and Asia. Ditto with gasoline prices. You guys must be rich !!!
Old 10-14-2005, 03:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asw7576
I think Car breaker live in USA. He expects to buy cheaper price just like shopping in Hong Kong, which is around $350 - $360. I'm not sure if his wish come true, .... good luck car breaker ! I hope Mugen USA have mercy on you j/k

I don't know why rc prices in Europe are relatively more expensive than in USA and Asia. Ditto with gasoline prices. You guys must be rich !!!
does the exchange rate affect?? or the taxes??
Old 10-14-2005, 03:28 AM
Tech Adept

if i you buy a car in hk for 360 usd that 369 euro ink.shipping and taxe,
and no support from mugen europe. that not my thing
dieter
Old 10-14-2005, 05:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Ready To Rock and Roll

ready to go
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-4-mtx-4-7.jpg   Mugen MTX-4-mtx-4-8.jpg  
Old 10-14-2005, 05:09 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Vinyard
does the exchange rate affect?? or the taxes??
Must be something else....... take a look at the kit price again : the g4 have a listprice from 329 euro thats about 400 usd. the kyosho rrr cost aroud 559 usd, and the rrr wc version 635 usd.

Even with 20% discount rrr wc is still $508 , contrast it with rrr wc in jakarta, indonesia $410 usd. Standard rrr $320. Hmmm.....
Old 10-14-2005, 05:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by chookgb
ready to go

Old 10-14-2005, 05:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default price too high!

I guess that patience is right now the magic word! I'll just wait a couple months 'til the mtx4 kit reaches its equilibrium price, see when there's enought preorders, these guys without knowing the price were willing to pay the best no matter how high but to get it, it happens not only with rc cars but with every new product.
I remember my ps1, went for more than $300 in the us. and not long ago, the rrr wce went for 500 and it's now $400
of course it would have bee nice it the kit came at $350, but hey you wanna play now, you gotta pay!
just my opinion!
Old 10-14-2005, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I believe a low price is needed to encourage getting th MTX-4. Because even though its low, most of the profits from all cars come from buying spare parts of it. If yall didnt know, over here almost everyone owns a S car just for the bare fact that it had a $50 rebate going on which was a better price than any other car in the market. With that alone, 80% of the racers own a S car which leads to the hobby shops buying spare parts for their car which leads to higher profits than jacking up the kit prices.

Only reason I can think that Mugen kit is/"is going" to be is because its more indestructable than the "3" and you dont need spares?
Old 10-14-2005, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Does anyone have an actual weight of the car Ready to Run with fuel? How lighter is it compared to the 3?
Old 10-14-2005, 05:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Riketsu
I believe a low price is needed to encourage getting th MTX-4. Because even though its low, most of the profits from all cars come from buying spare parts of it. If yall didnt know, over here almost everyone owns a S car just for the bare fact that it had a $50 rebate going on which was a better price than any other car in the market. With that alone, 80% of the racers own a S car which leads to the hobby shops buying spare parts for their car which leads to higher profits than jacking up the kit prices.

Only reason I can think that Mugen kit is/"is going" to be is because its more indestructable than the "3" and you dont need spares?
100% agree, not only mugen are tanks but their spare parts and support are of much higher value, lhs have to carry almost 30% more s spare parts due to higher number of pieces, one part for each pulley, one part for the rear left arm, another for the right, and that price is passed on the customers, sometimes we racers, do not see that.
better to have several than just one, as with the pulleys!
Old 10-14-2005, 05:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Riketsu

We all hope MTX4 are affordable to everyone around the world. Little bit more expensive than other car makers is alright because Mugen are Mercedes Benz of radio control cars. "Unlike any other " u know ?
Old 10-14-2005, 06:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Have 2 front ends and all diffs built so far... As mentioned you need to cut a bit of the bulk head off on one side to make it fit. I guess the biggest problem is the front shock tower. One of them has to be filed on the bottom to fit. After that discovery, I stack 2 shock towers together. They are in different shape and the distance between holes are different!

Kind of hard to figure out which tower is the correct one! The serial number on chassis are in sequence... Surely they are from the same batch!

Also, they missed packing a grub screw/small pins bag on one of the kit too...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.