Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I have a NIB body for sale:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ody-clear.html
Old 05-25-2011, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by pirape
lmao! I am waitting for my 1600kv wound stator to arrive! so I can run this guy on 6s
I went down this route already, I tryed every possible combo, 6s 1500kv/550, 3s and 2s 4.5 & 6.5 /550's, ect, the best thing to run in a 10tt for racing is 2s 540 size motors.... I did the math ran the trucks for countless pack, your better off with less weight...
2s lipo weighs like 1 lb and 4ozs less than a 6s, then the smaller esc and 540 motor saves around 13 oz's {around 3 oz esc and 10 oz motor}, so you will save over 2 lbs!!!
Now you go from a little over 4lbs to pushing almost 7lbs!!! This is HUGE, Contrary to popular belief weight hurts handling when you add 40% of it, and you need A LOT more power to move the truck!!! I timed all of the setups I installed and the 6s 550 was by far the slowest, and I have big bore shocks {that will handle the 6lbs}, and a lightened truck...
If your truck is for bashing your going to break a lot more parts too, when I had that setup I BROKE a front shock tower {carbon fiber} just testing, landed a jump and shattered it.... Plus the tt at 7lbs jumps a like a monster truck {no height, bottomed out launches, diving to a HARD landing, and some pretty horrific cartwheels}...

Anyway just my 2 cents, nice truck I like the quick release setup, I was thinking about it {I use them on all of my stadium truck rears}, but I hardley ever have to remove the tt wheels in a hurry, the stadium trucks need to be popped off every time you touch the motor, slipper, pinion, ect, the tt has that all in the center, so I decided not to add the weight...

Now as far as heat the 2s 540 is not the best choice, but my 540/6.5 ballistic never goes over 130 and my rs pro doesnt break a sweat so its not an issue. For bashing I would say 2s 4.5/550 is about the best, the heat is less, and there is a lot of torque for some crazy wheelies and powerfull takeoffs...
Old 05-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by turb06le240
I went down this route already, I tryed every possible combo, 6s 1500kv/550, 3s and 2s 4.5 & 6.5 /550's, ect, the best thing to run in a 10tt for racing is 2s 540 size motors.... I did the math ran the trucks for countless pack, your better off with less weight...
2s lipo weighs like 1 lb and 4ozs less than a 6s, then the smaller esc and 540 motor saves around 13 oz's {around 3 oz esc and 10 oz motor}, so you will save over 2 lbs!!!
Now you go from a little over 4lbs to pushing almost 7lbs!!! This is HUGE, Contrary to popular belief weight hurts handling when you add 40% of it, and you need A LOT more power to move the truck!!! I timed all of the setups I installed and the 6s 550 was by far the slowest, and I have big bore shocks {that will handle the 6lbs}, and a lightened truck...
If your truck is for bashing your going to break a lot more parts too, when I had that setup I BROKE a front shock tower {carbon fiber} just testing, landed a jump and shattered it.... Plus the tt at 7lbs jumps a like a monster truck {no height, bottomed out launches, diving to a HARD landing, and some pretty horrific cartwheels}...

Anyway just my 2 cents, nice truck I like the quick release setup, I was thinking about it {I use them on all of my stadium truck rears}, but I hardley ever have to remove the tt wheels in a hurry, the stadium trucks need to be popped off every time you touch the motor, slipper, pinion, ect, the tt has that all in the center, so I decided not to add the weight...

Now as far as heat the 2s 540 is not the best choice, but my 540/6.5 ballistic never goes over 130 and my rs pro doesnt break a sweat so its not an issue. For bashing I would say 2s 4.5/550 is about the best, the heat is less, and there is a lot of torque for some crazy wheelies and powerfull takeoffs...
Thanks for your time to write this. In fact the TT will be ran with my Hyper 10sc setup

3s 4200mah hyperion EX + 550 6.5t and rs-pro

and the 6s setup is my my hyper 10sc
on which I tried 2s + 7.5t redline + rs-pro super light setup
I didnt like it..
then I went to 2s + 6.5t 550 + rs-pro... I didnt like it
made a last move to try 3s + 6.5t 550 + rs-pro I loved it

from there I found out I was in love with the less heat generated from higher voltage
I found out I was also in love with the monster torque from the 550 motors

the 2 together made me want to try ballistic 1600kv 550 + 14mm rotor + 6s 3250mah + rx8 setup

I take your advices but why on earth would it be slower?

Since I have more weight on the chassis my big bore suspentions are functioning much better since the bigger weight is the counter weight of the bump force
Old 05-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I really like mine
Old 05-25-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Addict

i am really looking in to this truck does anyone have the nitro version or have u tried it... how is the durability and i am looking at the nitro version is there a forum for that one or no

let me know if u have driven the nitro version or own one want to get some info
Old 05-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for your time to write this. In fact the TT will be ran with my Hyper 10sc setup

3s 4200mah hyperion EX + 550 6.5t and rs-pro

and the 6s setup is my my hyper 10sc
on which I tried 2s + 7.5t redline + rs-pro super light setup
I didnt like it..
then I went to 2s + 6.5t 550 + rs-pro... I didnt like it
made a last move to try 3s + 6.5t 550 + rs-pro I loved it

from there I found out I was in love with the less heat generated from higher voltage
I found out I was also in love with the monster torque from the 550 motors

the 2 together made me want to try ballistic 1600kv 550 + 14mm rotor + 6s 3250mah + rx8 setup

I take your advices but why on earth would it be slower?

Since I have more weight on the chassis my big bore suspentions are functioning much better since the bigger weight is the counter weight of the bump force
I see, like me you have tried a bunch of different setups too, the 6s 550 rx8 is going to be a couple pounds heavier, so your weight to power ratio is actually going to be lower than with a nice 2s 540 setup... {since your adding 44% more weight and only another 25% more power} Plus you are going to be contently breaking if your jumping... And I found the shocks are hard to tune with that much weight, I had to put heavy springs in my big bores, so Im not sure what you would have to do the stockers...
I think the entire point of the tt is a light weight 4wd truggy, capable of silly jumps, blinding speeds down the straights, and decent cornering, just light and agile, fun and easy to drive small truck..... If you make it weigh as much as a 1/8 scale {my rc8te is only around 8lbs, and easily 3 times the size of the tt} you will take the fun out of it.....
My 2s 4000 packs last more than long enough to finish a main, and the truck is blindingly fast, I have it geared so Im at about 90% down my tracks longest straight, and the truck is uncatchable... I run with 8 other tts and the front runners are rs pro/6.5 ballistic {me}, rs pro/8.5 lrp octa/3s, and lrp sphere/5700kv/2s {kid can drive and truck is dialed his dad machined everything its super light}.. there are 3 drivers that have rx8/sc 550's, and another guy runs a MMM/550/4s all of which fight for 4,5,6,7,8 almost every week.... Now our track is small and tight with 1 good straight and some pretty good night ending jumps, so other tracks may have better results with something else, I know a lot of guys are running the 550 sc motors in there sc trucks now..
Old 05-25-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

is anyone Running 1/8 scale buggy tires on the TT?

Do you like them? Do they hook up better than a standard 2.2 tire? or slash tire?
Old 05-25-2011, 06:41 PM
Tech Addict

I see, like me you have tried a bunch of different setups too, the 6s 550 rx8 is going to be a couple pounds heavier, so your weight to power ratio is actually going to be lower than with a nice 2s 540 setup... {since your adding 44% more weight and only another 25% more power} Plus you are going to be contently breaking if your jumping... And I found the shocks are hard to tune with that much weight, I had to put heavy springs in my big bores, so Im not sure what you would have to do the stockers...
I think the entire point of the tt is a light weight 4wd truggy, capable of silly jumps, blinding speeds down the straights, and decent cornering, just light and agile, fun and easy to drive small truck..... If you make it weigh as much as a 1/8 scale {my rc8te is only around 8lbs, and easily 3 times the size of the tt} you will take the fun out of it.....
My 2s 4000 packs last more than long enough to finish a main, and the truck is blindingly fast, I have it geared so Im at about 90% down my tracks longest straight, and the truck is uncatchable... I run with 8 other tts and the front runners are rs pro/6.5 ballistic {me}, rs pro/8.5 lrp octa/3s, and lrp sphere/5700kv/2s {kid can drive and truck is dialed his dad machined everything its super light}.. there are 3 drivers that have rx8/sc 550's, and another guy runs a MMM/550/4s all of which fight for 4,5,6,7,8 almost every week.... Now our track is small and tight with 1 good straight and some pretty good night ending jumps, so other tracks may have better results with something else, I know a lot of guys are running the 550 sc motors in there sc trucks now..
I think you got it a little wrong... a 550 motor is a size between a 540 and a 1/8 scale motor... and it wont weight as much in fact, its only going to be 100grams over my current 3s setup...

and the 6s setup is going in my hyper 10sc

and my 3s is going in my TT

but I hear ya! I think ill go back on my decision and use a 540
Old 05-25-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

I think you got it a little wrong... a 550 motor is a size between a 540 and a 1/8 scale motor... and it wont weight as much in fact, its only going to be 100grams over my current 3s setup...

and the 6s setup is going in my hyper 10sc

and my 3s is going in my TT

but I hear ya! I think ill go back on my decision and use a 540
I am thinking of the 550 like a balllistic 550 I have one rite here it weighs 12.6 ozs and I have a trinity brushless here that weighs 5.7...
Heres how I figured it when I did it, I put the car together and weighed it wih all the setups, I remember almost a 2lb difference between the 6s 550 {I was running a big esc} and the 2s 540... 100 grams is not a big difference if you can do it with that much of a difference, but I dont see how when the battery difference alone has to be 4 times that, I would think??? I have been wrong before though, lol...
Old 05-25-2011, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

I am thinking of the 550 like a balllistic 550 I have one rite here it weighs 12.6 ozs and I have a trinity brushless here that weighs 5.7...
Heres how I figured it when I did it, I put the car together and weighed it wih all the setups, I remember almost a 2lb difference between the 6s 550 {I was running a big esc} and the 2s 540... 100 grams is not a big difference if you can do it with that much of a difference, but I dont see how when the battery difference alone has to be 4 times that, I would think??? I have been wrong before though, lol...
show me pictures of your truck!
Old 05-25-2011, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

show me pictures of your truck!
This is an older pic, but my truck has everything, big bore proline shocks, strc steering {I custom installed with 8 ball bearings, all carbon fiber available, bump chassis, all aluminum available, elite rc motor mount, strc spurs, titanium shock mounts, avid ball bearings, titanium hinge pins {custom made}, ti turnbuckles {even the steering linkage} plus a ton of other stuff...
But them electronics are still in there, I love how it works with them, I use a 1015 servo {not in pic}, and I custom machined the top plate and esc mount out of carbon fiber stock...
Im almost done with my custom battery box, esc tray , all 3mm carbon fiber, the battery slips in from the side laying down at a slight angle... weighs 1/3 of the stock one, lowers weight and keeps battery out of danger...
I lightened my diffs too, they have aluminum crosses and I machined the gears so they are around 1/2 the weight... some aluminum screws some stainless.... Bad part is I spent around $1400 on this truck, and I did 2 of them {one has ae 4.1 shocks though, and Im going to be selling it on ebay at the end of this week...
PS in the back of the pick you can see my t4.1's quick realeases thats what I really enjoy racing, but there not nearly as fun to build..

Last edited by turb06le240; 05-25-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Addict

This is an older pic, but my truck has everything, big bore proline shocks, strc steering {I custom installed with 8 ball bearings, all carbon fiber available, bump chassis, all aluminum available, elite rc motor mount, strc spurs, titanium shock mounts, avid ball bearings, titanium hinge pins {custom made}, ti turnbuckles {even the steering linkage} plus a ton of other stuff...
But them electronics are still in there, I love how it works with them, I use a 1015 servo {not in pic}, and I custom machined the top plate and esc mount out of carbon fiber stock...
Im almost done with my custom battery box, esc tray , all 3mm carbon fiber, the battery slips in from the side laying down at a slight angle... weighs 1/3 of the stock one, lowers weight and keeps battery out of danger...
I lightened my diffs too, they have aluminum crosses and I machined the gears so they are around 1/2 the weight... some aluminum screws some stainless.... Bad part is I spent around $1400 on this truck, and I did 2 of them {one has ae 4.1 shocks though, and Im going to be selling it on ebay at the end of this week...
PS in the back of the pick you can see my t4.1's quick realeases thats what I really enjoy racing, but there not nearly as fun to build..

ahaha you spent just as much on your Hyper TT than me on my Hyper 10sc
very nice truck! I love it
Old 05-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Addict

any one try the nitro verizon?? if so is it decent
Old 05-26-2011, 03:05 AM
Tech Regular

ahaha you spent just as much on your Hyper TT than me on my Hyper 10sc
very nice truck! I love it
Thanks, yeah its an addiction...
Old 05-26-2011, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcjoe99
any one try the nitro verizon?? if so is it decent
I'm not sure if you've notice but you've asked twice and no one has replied. The focus on this thread is the Hyper 10TT "Electric" from what I can tell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.