Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree48Likes

Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have been driving Dj's at huge 1/8 tracks with no problems, I can't imagine what people have to do in order to break one.....Blows my mind considering Dj calls my their crash test dummy of cars.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HyperRacing
I am not aware of any other upgrades right now.

As for the questions regarding the dog bones and axles there are currently no upgrades for these parts.

The STRC cv shaft is a replacement for the stock cv shaft only and still uses the stock cv axle and cv joint hardware (pin and barrel)
Thanks, but I called them bones meaning the CV shafts. Will you be selling these hardened CV shafts with the CV axle and hardware as a set? I would rather buy 2 complete sets and be done, instead of buying a set of CVDs for the rear AND 2 sets of shafts to upgrade them.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

burnineyes......I think he answered your question a couple posts back

The STRC cv shaft is a replacement for the stock cv shaft only and still uses the stock cv axle and cv joint hardware (pin and barrel)
Old 02-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Glowster21
Hey all, My TT is showing up today and I have a couple quick questions. For those of you running 540 motors, what are you running and what type of gearing? Also, anyone tried the rear hub carriers from a Jammin SCRT10 to see if they will work? Reason I ask is I have an extra set of alloy carriers for the Jammin and would put them on if they fit with little modification. Last, what seems to be the breaking point on these? I see there have been some issues with the servo saver assembly, anything else seem to be weak?
I'm currently running an RS/Redline 8.5. I tried a Murf 6.5, thermalled the RS about 4 minutes in. Motor stayed cool though. I'm pretty set on the stock 13 T pinion. I've tried a 16, and while it didn't cause thermal issues, it was quite hot and I could feel a loss of performance.
STRC makes Alum carriers for the Hyper 10SC which are a direct fit. Not sure on the Jammin parts.
As noted in previous posts, the pillow ball retainers seem to be a problem. Also the servo saver. STRC makes an Alum saver for the Jammin that can be modded to fit.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

anyone have a write-up or instructions on how to mod the Jammin servo saver onto the 10TT.

I would like to know how involved it is before I order the Jammin servo saver......no one local has one so I cant look at it to compare.

Thanks,
Kalani
Old 02-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by utah300rum
burnineyes......I think he answered your question a couple posts back
Thanks, I actually had his response quoted in my post. The whole part about dogbones and stub axles made me think he did not get the question right, but he did say they are only offering the axle shafts. I guess I was just complaining more than actually asking the same question over again with clear language.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

I just found a write up in the 10SC section...searched "strc steering" and found a write-up with pics...looks pretty easy.

I noticed it said to re-use the stock upper servo saver arm..... now I am curious what part is breaking on the stock servo saver?

hopefully not the upper arm
Old 02-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Interested in getting one of these. I've always liked the 1/10 4wd class but was not attracted to the 1/10 4wd buggies because most of them are so race oriented and fragile looking. When I saw the Hyper 10tt it really caught my eye and the price is right too!

I see NitroHouse has the Pro combo with a Novak GTB2 and 6.5 Ballistic motor for $350. The motor and ESC themselves would be $185 so you would save $35 by doing the combo. Is the 6.5 motor pretty fast? How many turns would it compare to in a brushed motor? I would just be bashing it, and my preferred brushed motor is about a 20 turn.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
Interested in getting one of these. I've always liked the 1/10 4wd class but was not attracted to the 1/10 4wd buggies because most of them are so race oriented and fragile looking. When I saw the Hyper 10tt it really caught my eye and the price is right too!

I see NitroHouse has the Pro combo with a Novak GTB2 and 6.5 Ballistic motor for $350. The motor and ESC themselves would be $185 so you would save $35 by doing the combo. Is the 6.5 motor pretty fast? How many turns would it compare to in a brushed motor? I would just be bashing it, and my preferred brushed motor is about a 20 turn.

My TT has the Havoc pro Sc with the Velocity 6.5 and is really good on speed, I used 2 stage on timming and gets 21 second lap times at OCRC. I won last night against 4wd SC's by two laps, car is awsome and I have good time everywhere I run it. I've taken it to Hod Rod's,Pegasus Hobbies, Revelation, OCRC and WCRC. Stock tires, Holeshots and Barcodes have been the car and work well.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

How does the truck hold up durability wise? What kind of parts should I have on hand for bashing purposes? I almost never break stuff but I generally carry some spares just in case.

Parts availability is mainly through NitroHouse right? Where is the best place to buy this? I haven't seen any used rigs on eBay. Is the NitroHouse Novak combo a good deal?
Old 02-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Tech Adept

im running gtb1 with a lrp 6.5, very good speed on the stock 13t pinion or 12t for a lttle more low end vs top end, i prefered it speedwise to the sct combo i tried out.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

With lots of system choices for these little truggies, here is one option. Tekin RX8, 4.5 550 Novak ballistic motor, 14T pinion, 2 cell lipo. No speed advantage over the guys with 540 motors, maybe more torque though. Absolutely no heat issues with this set-up.

Attachment 655416

What springs are you using? hard(white) hyper10sc? the front also look like a rear spring length.

Mine seems to chassis slap hard after some landings. with stock springs mainly the front
Old 02-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

How does the truck hold up durability wise? What kind of parts should I have on hand for bashing purposes? I almost never break stuff but I generally carry some spares just in case.

Parts availability is mainly through NitroHouse right? Where is the best place to buy this? I haven't seen any used rigs on eBay. Is the NitroHouse Novak combo a good deal?
I have not received mine yet so I cant answer your durability questions. But I ordered mine from Amainhobbies along with a Viper 8.5, and I was able to use a $25 off coupon I found on this forum. Including shipping I paid $275 for Truck and motor. Advantage Hobby had a sale and as a first time customer I was going to get the truck for $186 shipped, but the sale ended a day before I got paid. I have since received emails about other sales, so it might be worth a look. Nitrohouse is not much more, and I believe you can get a discount on the lightweight chassis if you purchase it at the same time. I personally dont like Novak, so the combo wasnt for me.

My truck should be here tomorrow, I am getting anxious!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by burnineyes
I have not received mine yet so I cant answer your durability questions. But I ordered mine from Amainhobbies along with a Viper 8.5, and I was able to use a $25 off coupon I found on this forum. Including shipping I paid $275 for Truck and motor. Advantage Hobby had a sale and as a first time customer I was going to get the truck for $186 shipped, but the sale ended a day before I got paid. I have since received emails about other sales, so it might be worth a look. Nitrohouse is not much more, and I believe you can get a discount on the lightweight chassis if you purchase it at the same time. I personally dont like Novak, so the combo wasnt for me.

My truck should be here tomorrow, I am getting anxious!
So you didn't get an ESC with that deal right? Only the truck and the motor?
Old 02-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

That is correct, I am using a Xerun ESC.
If you like Novak then that combo deal at NitroHouse is hard to beat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.