Search
Like Tree48Likes

Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 06:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GrAl
Castle Creations Sidewinder 1/10 Scale Short Course Brushless Combo w/Neu-Castle 1410
What to choose?

Castle Creations Sidewinder 1/10 Scale Short Course Brushless Combo w/Neu-Castle 1410

or

LRP A.I. Brushless Reverse Digital ESC & Eraser Brushless Motor Combo
Old 05-30-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by turb06le240
Nope check the part number that comes withthe 4 pole, I ve bought 6 of them in the last month, {I buy the qty buy and use the coupon}... 010-0094-05 is 4 pole
If you do want the 3800 {it comes with a fan to} dont buy it at tower there is another site that sells it for 89 shipped... http://www.gonitrohobbies.com/Castle...10-0090-00.htm
Why would you spend 110 on just the motor when you can get the esc too for less??? And as far as the mmpro I would say it isnt twice the esc as the sv2 unless you need its extras, stay away from it... For the tt and running 2s and under 5700KV 4 pole sv2 is the way to go....
I know the tower description says cm36 but it is actually the 1406 motor {4600 and 5700}, they are no longer shipping any 4600 and 5700 cm36's so unless the company your buying from has 3 month old stock you will get a 1406 with your sv2 combo...
Can you tell which motor I have recieved about a month ago with SV2 combo and marked:
cm36 4600 4t 12nimh/4s lipo
Old 05-30-2011, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Whosold
Can you tell which motor I have recieved about a month ago with SV2 combo and marked:
cm36 4600 4t 12nimh/4s lipo
That would be a cm36, where did you buy it? Tower discontinued the cm36 sv2 a while back, I know I havent gotten one from tower in a while..... The link I posted is a 4 pole... The 4 poles will come with a reflective sticker holding the box closed that says new more powerfull motor inside...
And the 4 poles will say 4 pole 1406 rite no it...
Old 05-30-2011, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by turb06le240
That would be a cm36, where did you buy it? Tower discontinued the cm36 sv2 a while back, I know I havent gotten one from tower in a while..... The link I posted is a 4 pole... The 4 poles will come with a reflective sticker holding the box closed that says new more powerfull motor inside...
And the 4 poles will say 4 pole 1406 rite no it...
Came from Great Planes, same place maybe older than I remember. Thanks
Old 05-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Questions?? How much fun is this little Truggy

Got a couple of question for all you Teck heads out there

I have started running at a new track which has a hard packed Deco surface (Crushed quarts/rock and clay) with light dust on top. Ran two packs through the Hyper TT and the stock tiers were shot. Has anyone run on a similar surface and if so what tiers would you recommend for longer life without breaking the bank. I have been looking at JConcepts or Proline tires.

Secondly; I need stiffer springs in the front end, there has been a couple of springs mentioned in this thread (blue Hyper or white Losi springs). Has anyone found a firmer spring which fits without modification, including the part number if possible?

Thank you for your help
Pete
Old 05-31-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Rookie

im pretty happy with the proline gladiators lots of traction and great life as for the springs im wondering the same thing
Old 05-31-2011, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Brand new Hyper TT for sale w/ custom painted body.... never run. check it out. Nate.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...nted-body.html
Old 06-01-2011, 05:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattb83
im pretty happy with the proline gladiators lots of traction and great life as for the springs im wondering the same thing
Thanks Matt, great looking tiers ill give them a go

Can anyone shed a little light with the stiffer springs to the front???

Cheers Pete
Old 06-01-2011, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by SneekyPete
Thanks Matt, great looking tiers ill give them a go

Can anyone shed a little light with the stiffer springs to the front???

Cheers Pete
Some people like the losi blue springs, heres the ofna http://www.nitrohouse.com/p21709/Spr...duct_info.html
give nitro house a call they will tell you what you should run and sell it to you, they have the most tt parts available on the net...
Old 06-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Default Need a place to start,..if theres one

I recently got the Hyper and when its under acceleration or in hard to climb terrain Id guess youd say its making a quick grind, stripping noise. Noy alot, but here and there. But it seems to be happining more and more lately.I was wondering if the center, front or rear diff is prone to stripping of if theres a first one thatgenerally goes first. I need to start the tear down, but if theres a good place to start that where I would like to look first.
Too many progects going on now and Im running outta table space. lol
Old 06-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just got my hyper tt today i learned that you need to put a heavier oil in the center diffs cuase the front wheels are faster than the rear. has anyone seen this or just one unlucky car? also im thinkin of putting an lrp tc spec ver 2 esc with an lrp 550 5.5 motor. and a 3s lipo of some sort thoughts? running indoor clay tracks
Old 06-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCaddict0
I recently got the Hyper and when its under acceleration or in hard to climb terrain Id guess youd say its making a quick grind, stripping noise. Noy alot, but here and there. But it seems to be happining more and more lately.I was wondering if the center, front or rear diff is prone to stripping of if theres a first one thatgenerally goes first. I need to start the tear down, but if theres a good place to start that where I would like to look first.
Too many progects going on now and Im running outta table space. lol
I think we all have loud drivetrains, its just the way the TT is. But first you should make sure your spur/pinion isnt too tight. I also think the TT's drivetrain needs to be driven to "break it in." I dont know, this is just what Ive experienced. Mines a lot quieter now than it was to begin with. But still louder than all my friends various rigs.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LDOstrem
I think we all have loud drivetrains, its just the way the TT is. But first you should make sure your spur/pinion isnt too tight. I also think the TT's drivetrain needs to be driven to "break it in." I dont know, this is just what Ive experienced. Mines a lot quieter now than it was to begin with. But still louder than all my friends various rigs.
Its plenty broke in, trust me! lol.. Im aware of the noisy drivetrain too. But Ive put atleast 20-30 runs on it and it just started. If Im in grass thats not real short or in gravel or a place where maybe the diffs are really working transfering the power it gives a little cherp. It was very rare and now its starting to happin a bit more. Im 100% shure the mesh is perfect. I ordered some 5k for the front and center and 2k for the rear. Its still stock weight in it now. I'll check the diffs out then. Its possable I started tearing it up. I was running a MMP with a CC SCT 3800 on 3s and it was stupid fast and had crazy torque! I switched the motor over to a Novak HV 7.5 on 3s geared 18/42 which is still plenty fast, but WAY milder.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Can anyone help me with the correct black wing for this truggy? Ive seen several pics of Hypers with a Black wing. Im looking at gettin a new wing as the stock is toasted and cracked. Thank you for any help or part number you can give me
Old 06-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racer25
Just got my hyper tt today i learned that you need to put a heavier oil in the center diffs cuase the front wheels are faster than the rear. has anyone seen this or just one unlucky car? also im thinkin of putting an lrp tc spec ver 2 esc with an lrp 550 5.5 motor. and a 3s lipo of some sort thoughts? running indoor clay tracks
I noticed that as well, that my front seem to spin faster than my rear. I would like to hear the answer to this question myself as well.

I know I haven't replaced the grease or whatever is in the diffs since I got this rig but I'm planning on running 5-5-2 and see how that does. Any thoughts or advice send them my way. Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.