Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mamba Max Pro

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Probably because they know there aint no 1 cell guys that cant solder, and if they cant they got a buddy that does LOL.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave@RCIS
is cdog said you cant unsolder the wires. what I did was cut the wires off at the board. then drilled them out. and re installed TQ Racing wire. be careful that you use the right size drill bit and be sure to clean up you mess. because last thing you want is a little piece of solder or wire left over on the board and short something out.
+1 , I went through this whole process last weekend on a MMP, what a royal PITA! It isn't that Castle used some super top secret solder to attach the wire to the board but more of the big ass heat sink that swallows all the heat that you put to it trying to remove the wires.

I understand why they included the shorter wires with bullet connectors so it would be plug and play with their motors but they should of realized that a great number of the ESC's would end up powering ROAR legal spec motors which are normally hardwired to the ESC. Maybe a better option would of been to outfit the ESC with longer wires and include the connects loose. Alot easier to solder connectors to wire than to mess with replacing wire to the board.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Are the wires long enough to run through the Ve8 chassis? And how do the MMM and MMpro compare size wise and weight wise.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by malik
Are the wires long enough to run through the Ve8 chassis? And how do the MMM and MMpro compare size wise and weight wise.
No, they aren't long enough. You have to make an extension wire.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Does it come with the connectors for the motor side or no?
Old 12-17-2009, 04:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Does it come with the connectors for the motor side or no?
No, But they do sell them separately for a couple of bucks. The 4mm ones are the ones you want to match up with the MMP. 6.5mm for the Monster.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I like what the speedo has to offer, and the price. But the lack of solder tabs on a “pro” speedo is a cheesy. But for the price I can make do.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:52 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I actually wouldn't mind some sort of a plug setup like on the Mamba Monster ESC, or, like how the Speed Passion V3 motors are coming now. I could then just make the wires the length I want, and then plug them into the ESC.

The plugs though would need to be top grade stuff, but I am sure castle could figure out something that would work excellent.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi guys, looking for a spec motor to power my slash but dunno which one i should get. Ill be running it with an MMP. IMO 10.5 on 2s for race track & 13.5 on 3s for general use, but i can only buy the one motor!

I suppose the 13.5 on 2s i could bump up the timing a little bit to get a few extra rpm, but also change a few settings on the MMP. The 10.5 on 3s however i may need to bump the timing right down & all the settings to low. Dont want to overheat, & i dont really want to have to make a dramatic change in gearing going from 3s to 2s....
Old 12-18-2009, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Drift, I suggest a 8.5. You can tame it down pretty good and you daon have to turn the timing up to high to get lots of power. You dont want to be upping the timing too much on anything. Maybe that CHEAT mode would be a good thing to try for you.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cneyedog
I DO NOT SUGGEST trying to unsolder the wires from the board inside, they are welded in there, tried the hottest soldering iron and they wont budge.
Yeah i'm guessing it's lead free solder, that stuff is shit.
You need to put the iron on it and pump loads of leaded solder into it to get it to flow.
At least that's what i've found when i've come across lead free soldered battery plugs before.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:02 AM
Tech Regular

Drift, I suggest a 8.5. You can tame it down pretty good and you daon have to turn the timing up to high to get lots of power. You dont want to be upping the timing too much on anything. Maybe that CHEAT mode would be a good thing to try for you.
Track wont let us run anything umder 10.5. They want to keep the SCT class to spec so it can attract more people since its pretty cheap. My mate just had his slash around with an LRP 13.5, & that thing flew, i was very surprised. He is borrowing it from owner of LHS cause my mates BL system didnt come in. But my mate said the owner told him its a 13.5, but that thing had some get go, torquey little bastard, its made my choice alot easier now....
Old 12-20-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default 1 cell Mod how to.......

here ya go........... the chip is clipped/glued into a holder, you have to bend the clip and remove the chip, i removed the clip as well so it didnt break loose and float around inside. Once you do this, the on/off switch no longer works and it will require a receiver pack to operate with 1 cell.

You HAVE to use the 1cellBeta software or it will not work

Here is where you can download the proper software, http://rcsoftware.web.officelive.com...3_MMP1Cell.zip

Double click this link. it is the unzipped file. it will take a little longer to download, (if it looks greyed out in your outlook or windows mail goto TOOLS>OPTIONS>SECURITY>uncheck do not allow attachments.)

http://ksgmotorsports.com/Castle/Cas..._MMP1Cell..exe

YOU CANNOT USE THE SOFTWARE DOWNLOADED FROM THE CASTLE CREATIONS SITE, 1 CELL SOFTWARE IS NOT AVAILABLE THERE, because its beta, I would expect a "production" version to be available after the 1 st run of factory 1 cell speedos.

The current 1 cell software (beta) has some prorgramming deleted to allow it to work with the modded 1 cell speedos.

DO NOT UPDATE THE SOFTWARE on your computer when it asks you too after you install it, it will update to NON 1 cell software. You must upload the 1 cell software/firmware to the speedo from your computer, BEFORE trying to use it.

hope this helps.

Last edited by cneyedog; 06-18-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Has anyone had trouble using the mmp with novak sensored motors. My mmp startes erradically and cuts out with the two different Novak motors I've hooked to it. Both motors work fine with a losi esc. I've tried smart sence and sensored both react the same. Any help with this would be appreciated.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lastresort
Has anyone had trouble using the mmp with novak sensored motors. My mmp startes erradically and cuts out with the two different Novak motors I've hooked to it. Both motors work fine with a losi esc. I've tried smart sence and sensored both react the same. Any help with this would be appreciated.
I am running or trying to run a Ballistic 17.5 with mine and i cannot get the speed control to set up correctly. It recognizes full throttle but will not recognize full break and nuetral settings. The radio and RX are the ones that come thith the strike RTR I bought it so my daughter could run a brushless 17.5 system and everybody said the mamba pro was smooth but nobody around me can get it to work correctly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.