Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mamba Max Pro

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

Default MMP w/ Novak 4.5

Ok, i guess I didn't realize that the MMP has a BEC built in. No need in getting another. My plan is to copy these guy's settings and see how it is. My receiver is capable of Lipo power and, I don't really plan on running anything higher than 3S.

When you guys drop down to 10* timing on the ESC do you go 0* timing on the motor or the stock 30* or whatever stock is.

My current setting is a MMP w/ 5700cc. I took some timing off to 10* on the MMP. May go down lower my temp is higher than I want to risk. I know 550 is the way to go but, funds say I have to wait until the first.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Is it normal to see the yellow light flashing in neutral?
Old 06-19-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kstoracing1
Ok, i guess I didn't realize that the MMP has a BEC built in. No need in getting another. My plan is to copy these guy's settings and see how it is. My receiver is capable of Lipo power and, I don't really plan on running anything higher than 3S.

When you guys drop down to 10* timing on the ESC do you go 0* timing on the motor or the stock 30* or whatever stock is.

My current setting is a MMP w/ 5700cc. I took some timing off to 10* on the MMP. May go down lower my temp is higher than I want to risk. I know 550 is the way to go but, funds say I have to wait until the first.
An external BEC will still hold s better current to the reciever and such. Stock bec is kind of weak.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey, I'm running the MMP with a tekin 1900kv. Smartsense, start power high, bec 6v, 4s 35c 5500mah batteries. I'm running a futaba 4pk and r603fs receiver.

JR Z9100s servo, I notice even with my end points set perfectly the servo stalls out the ESC and I have no juice to move, most of the time from a stop but it also happens on landings with some steering input and just coming out of turns when the servo is returning to center.

Any thoughts? After some research I see the MMP struggles with JR servos...

If I add the CC BEC will that solve my problem or should I get a different ESC or servo?
Old 06-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Honu
Is it normal to see the yellow light flashing in neutral?
Yes that means cheat mode is disabled. It's something castle put in the new firmware to make spec racing that allows no timing boost easier to tech
Old 06-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Audiobahnaholic
Yes that means cheat mode is disabled. It's something castle put in the new firmware to make spec racing that allows no timing boost easier to tech
Thanks!
Old 06-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nv529
what motor and battery where you using with the MMP?

Tekin 2050 and a Turnigy 40C 5000 4s. also running a 7955 hitec. i also noticed it was cutting out until everything got warm then it would work fine. weird. wonder if i need an external bec? im going to call tekin and castle monday to see whats going on here. this is getting old, and i havent been able to race the buggy yet because its dead before the racing even starts...
Old 06-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tron
Hey, I'm running the MMP with a tekin 1900kv. Smartsense, start power high, bec 6v, 4s 35c 5500mah batteries. I'm running a futaba 4pk and r603fs receiver.

JR Z9100s servo, I notice even with my end points set perfectly the servo stalls out the ESC and I have no juice to move, most of the time from a stop but it also happens on landings with some steering input and just coming out of turns when the servo is returning to center.

Any thoughts? After some research I see the MMP struggles with JR servos...

If I add the CC BEC will that solve my problem or should I get a different ESC or servo?
This is the exact problem that I had; and I really liked my 9100s servo but it just wouldn't work well - even with a single (spektrum) capacitor installed.... so, I installed a 4800S that I had laying around an it turned the wheels, just not with the authority and speed of the 9100S. PLUS, it had some voltage drop even with the 4800S. I talked with Tech Support at Castle and their thought was that 'if you're going to use a super servo like the 9100S you need to use an external BEC', and guess what????? They're absolutly right!!!! I hate to add addtional 'stuff' to my trucks - like them simple and to the point but the external BEC is necessary if you're going to run the 9100S and/or any other high draw/high speed servo.

BUT, now I don't have any voltage drop, the servo works as designed and my personal transponder counts every lap!!!!!!

The MMP is an excellent, efficient speed control with this one bit of 'character' - certainly not enough to make me give up on it!!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

Guess, I will be picking up an external BEC as well then. Thanks, for the heads up.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris K
This is the exact problem that I had; and I really liked my 9100s servo but it just wouldn't work well - even with a single (spektrum) capacitor installed.... so, I installed a 4800S that I had laying around an it turned the wheels, just not with the authority and speed of the 9100S. PLUS, it had some voltage drop even with the 4800S. I talked with Tech Support at Castle and their thought was that 'if you're going to use a super servo like the 9100S you need to use an external BEC', and guess what????? They're absolutly right!!!! I hate to add addtional 'stuff' to my trucks - like them simple and to the point but the external BEC is necessary if you're going to run the 9100S and/or any other high draw/high speed servo.

BUT, now I don't have any voltage drop, the servo works as designed and my personal transponder counts every lap!!!!!!

The MMP is an excellent, efficient speed control with this one bit of 'character' - certainly not enough to make me give up on it!!!!
Chris thanks...I too will pick up the external BEC. The JR servo has always been on my want list and I was a little miffed it didn't work flawlessly...also if I was going to move toward an external BEC maybe I should also just get a HV servo and run it a 7.4v? There are some good HV servos out there.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Got my spektum capacitor today. Sucks that I wont be able to test it until Wednesday.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Cool Mamba max pro 5700kv smoked

Originally Posted by BlueWalker
Looks like castle is getting ready to release the mamba max pro, 1/10th scale esc, sensored, good up to 6s anybody have a pic?
I have a mamba max pro and been running it for 1 month in the back yard. All of a sudden the thing stops and starts stuttering. As I walked over to pick it up I gave it a little throttle and the thing started smoking? I drove it for like 10 minutes and can't see why it would smoke up so quick. I'm running it In a Jammin scrt10 and out of the box this things ready to be hooked up to a brushless system using a lipo. I'm running 5200mah 2 cell thunder power battery . Any suggestions?
Old 06-21-2010, 05:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by marksp
+1 - been looking for a long time and haven't found yet
+2 So am I, I've mailed CC about that but haven't got an answer as of yet.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamminMan
I have a mamba max pro and been running it for 1 month in the back yard. All of a sudden the thing stops and starts stuttering. As I walked over to pick it up I gave it a little throttle and the thing started smoking? I drove it for like 10 minutes and can't see why it would smoke up so quick. I'm running it In a Jammin scrt10 and out of the box this things ready to be hooked up to a brushless system using a lipo. I'm running 5200mah 2 cell thunder power battery . Any suggestions?
go online and fill out a warranty form and send it in, same thing happened to two of mine, the ones i got back work great
Old 06-21-2010, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamminMan
Go to a Mamba Monster, thats what I did.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.