Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by Devon Racer
Im running 27t stock indoors with rubber cs 22/27 tyres using a one way front diff. I also have the Demon 3mm indoor chassis. At the moment my car is fitted with a front toe block with f0 printed on it, I would like to know what inboard toe out this is giving me ? Mr Jolly you might be able to answer that one as I now you run a demon chassis on yours. Can you tell me what block i should run with a one way and why ?
Also when i race away at the carpet thashnals the car is great, when I race at my local club (on carpet) with the same setup my car is pants. Every one at my club says its because our carpet has much more grip so I stiffened the car up, still not right, so I tried cs 27 tyres and again the car was not good. Any thoughts would be helpfull.
Well i`m not gary
But
F0 mean you have 0 kickup , the SD used to come with the F1 block (,eans 1 degree Kickup

So No outboard toe out for you ,you have parallell

i have f0.5 with a one-way fitted

you get more steering mid to exit with front inboard toe in ;

I can tell you now the Demon 3mm chassis doesn`t like low grip carpet ,if it`s dirty or having Foams races on it on the same night ,this doesn`t help either (Foam dust/powder left on track)

I have been using Russel williams setup from DMS 2 dayer to the `T` & so far so good (except low grip tracks) & demon chassis

front wheelbase by the way is 1+3 ,this is the same as the std chassis with the 1 mm shaved of front wishbones @back to shorten wheelbase (this works out 5+0

we still have .5mm thickers chassis & cells further forward ,so i don`t get to use full lock atall (80% rates i`m down too) about 18 degrees lock as opposed to 25 ish full lock

HTH
Old 01-08-2007, 10:01 AM
Tech Initiate

[QUOTE=MR JOLLY]Well i`m not gary
But
F0 mean you have 0 kickup , the SD used to come with the F1 block (,eans 1 degree Kickup

So No outboard toe out for you ,you have parallell

i have f0.5 with a one-way fitted

you get more steering mid to exit with front inboard toe in ;

I can tell you now the Demon 3mm chassis doesn`t like low grip carpet ,if it`s dirty or having Foams races on it on the same night ,this doesn`t help either (Foam dust/powder left on track)

I have been using Russel williams setup from DMS 2 dayer to the `T` & so far so good (except low grip tracks) & demon chassis

front wheelbase by the way is 1+3 ,this is the same as the std chassis with the 1 mm shaved of front wishbones @back to shorten wheelbase (this works out 5+0

we still have .5mm thickers chassis & cells further forward ,so i don`t get to use full lock atall (80% rates i`m down too) about 18 degrees lock as opposed to 25 ish full lock

Thanks for the help, when I look down on the front of my car it looks like it has a lot of inboard toe out as the wish bone hinge pins are not parallel. what would running inboard tow out do to the handling of my car with a one way. Also what difference would inboard toe in and parallel make to the handling so I can set the car for different tracks.
Thanks for any help you can give
Old 01-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by conrod51
Can anyone advise where is the best place to mount an AMB personal transponder on the Yok BD. The instructions say not to have any carbon fibre or metal between the transponder and the track. How important is this as I know some people who mount their's on the steering servo.

Thanks
In the bumber!
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR4TC-BD-y-bddsc02075.jpg  
Old 01-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Can anyone advise where is the best place to mount an AMB personal transponder on the Yok BD. The instructions say not to have any carbon fibre or metal between the transponder and the track. How important is this as I know some people who mount their's on the steering servo.

Thanks
do it like the Master (make a shelf out of lexan that extends past the servo)
if you want you can put a carbon-fiber sticker or just use black double side tape

http://www.overrc.com/courses/course...omomasami8.jpg
Old 01-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Tech Adept

Try on top of servo.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JasonC
Rumor has it yokmo has releaed an alum spool, when confirmed i will post a pica and part #
I think you were referring to this one.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Wayne1one
Try on top of servo.

Is that an LCG ore SDW car
I have an SDW butt i have only test it one day (10 acc)
Old 01-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

Its the LCG.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:14 PM
Tech Adept

Er, thats a diff.

Mounting the AMB PT on the servo is fine, but if you run a KO servo it is not advised. Best to mount it to a piece of lexan and hang it off the side of the servo.

Picture of Masamis car from worlds, he was running a diff in the back. It was a prototype of the BD500A aluminium diff halves available now. Standard kit chassis was used by the whole team at the worlds.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Tech Adept

Inboard front toe in on the front gives more steering exiting the turn.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wayne1one
I think you were referring to this one.
nope that is the diff, i forgot to pick up a alum spool when i went to Yokomo USA
Old 01-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by H.Nilsson
Hallö I have also run SDW arms butt i like org. best
have you tested SD-300F05 and the new springs
i think they are more easy to drive with
I tested the front inner toe blocks. I just did it one time and it was OK but didn't improve my lap times so I went back. I am running indoors carpet right now and think that the blocks are not good for carpet. What springs are you talking about the white ones or something newer. If the white ones are what you are referring to, I use them almost exclusively(except carpet) orange paint up front and green paint rear most of the time with a spool outdoors.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Tech Adept

my bad
Old 01-09-2007, 12:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Re mounting Personal Transponders; thanks for the replies and the suggestions. I think I'll probably hang it off the side of the servo which is what I had originally considered. My only concern with this is getting hit in that area by another car and risking damage to the Transponder. These things aren't cheap.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Mounting PT

Thanks

We have made a hole in the bumper for the PT. It is under the body mount brace (like in pic by H.Nilsson a few comments back). The wire is just long enough to reach the receiver.
We have not missed a lap in about 1,5 years when having this setup (about 20 races) and the PT is safe from being hit and also as far in the front as possible in case of finishing side by side with another car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.