Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lem2
Francis,
Are you using the long shock ends? Fixed or center one way?
will try your set up---Salamat!

and speed 6 is different from a mazda 6 body? sorry been out a long time.

Lem

Where can I get hero sieko wheels, locally?

Lem, Im using a fixed center spool. The Mazda Speed 6 is different from the Mazda 6 and I am using the short shock ends with the Yokomo high volume shock body....

Wheel base which I forgot to mention in the previous post is
Front arms all the way back and Rear in the middle...
Old 05-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Francis M.
Yokomo hasn't left, they don't have a factory driver in the U.S.A. currently but Yokomo U.S.A still supports all the LHS. They just need to call and order what ever is needed... There are a couple of locals here at Socal bringing out thier old Kit which is a big improvement considering I saw that it was only me and Jason C running the car for a while. So there is a resurrecting interest in the car... It just works and is pretty maintenance free......

King of Bmain, Sorry but I don't have Billy's set up.... Your car is almost there when I was watching your heat it did look good, You just seem to need a tiny more steering....

Oliver Clipper one of the locals brought out his BD for the Weekend and almost got TQ in the second round for the 10.5 class and he told me he is bringing out his other BD also. One for 13.5 and 10.5, his car was really dialed... I ended winning the 10.5 class from 2nd in the Grid and Ron C. also driving a BD got 2nd, Oliver forgot to charge the Lipo on his BD and ran the Main with another car and didn't fair so well but all our cars are consistently good and easy on tires.... All three of us are running pretty close in set up.....
Yeah, i forgot to put the lipo back on the charger after the third qual. Too bad too cause I ran out the remaining charge in practice after the races and my car was really good. What was interesting...I was .01 from taking tq in the second round and my car was really good. I made one change for the third qual...went to 2 degree rear block from 2.5 and the car was very loose. It was very hard to drive...i had to be real easy on the wheel. Went back to 2.5 and it was great again.

I'll be sure to keep an extra lipo charged for the next race.

Francis, thanks again for the setup help.

Oliver
Old 05-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Lem, Im using a fixed center spool. The Mazda Speed 6 is different from the Mazda 6 and I am using the short shock ends with the Yokomo high volume shock body....

Wheel base which I forgot to mention in the previous post is
Front arms all the way back and Rear in the middle...
Thanks, when you have time, what is the measurement of your shocks? are they the same for both front and rear? ARe you using the plastic sprieng retainer or aluminum?

The high volume shock body is the old shocks from BD/LCG? or is it a new one?

I know your set up is pretty much dialed at BCR, so will copy your set-up and go from there.

Thank a mil!
Old 05-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
Yeah, i forgot to put the lipo back on the charger after the third qual. Too bad too cause I ran out the remaining charge in practice after the races and my car was really good. What was interesting...I was .01 from taking tq in the second round and my car was really good. I made one change for the third qual...went to 2 degree rear block from 2.5 and the car was very loose. It was very hard to drive...i had to be real easy on the wheel. Went back to 2.5 and it was great again.

Oliver

I'm holding out from now on...lol You made me work hard on the 3rd qualifier..haha

I can't make it this weekend but if you something good make sure to let me know and good luck...
Old 05-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

I'm holding out from now on...lol You made me work hard on the 3rd qualifier..haha

I can't make it this weekend but if you something good make sure to let me know and good luck...
i sure will. thanks Francis
Old 05-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The Cyclone definitely is a good car. Oh and good luck at the reedy race...
Thanks bro.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Oliver
You finally got the BD's out again! Glad there working for you. I sure wish I was closer to you guys down there, I have been running in camarillo but the turn out has been light, not even enough for two sedan classes so I had to start running 12th to make it worth the drive there. The BD has been working great for me, although I see my setup is alot diffrent than Francis, If I set it up like his it would be way loose, Looks like all the differences in mine make it tighter. I wonder if it is because there is that much more traction at BCR, although traction was great in camarillo yesterday and I didn't change anything.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Shopkeeper
You finally got the BD's out again! Glad there working for you. I sure wish I was closer to you guys down there, I have been running in camarillo but the turn out has been light, not even enough for two sedan classes so I had to start running 12th to make it worth the drive there. The BD has been working great for me, although I see my setup is alot diffrent than Francis, If I set it up like his it would be way loose, Looks like all the differences in mine make it tighter. I wonder if it is because there is that much more traction at BCR, although traction was great in camarillo yesterday and I didn't change anything.
yeah im looking forward to coming back out to cam. i was gonna come out yesterday but decided to stay home and rebuild my other bd to get it ready to race. I want to do some testing this weekend. the following week i'll probably be at reedy but if i don't go, i'm gonna head out to cam. right now i don't have a ride to roseville you'll probably see me there in two weeks
Old 05-12-2008, 10:59 PM
Tech Champion

yeah im looking forward to coming back out to cam. i was gonna come out yesterday but decided to stay home and rebuild my other bd to get it ready to race. I want to do some testing this weekend. the following week i'll probably be at reedy but if i don't go, i'm gonna head out to cam. right now i don't have a ride to roseville you'll probably see me there in two weeks
it's suppose to be triple digits this weekend so the Reedy will be a hot one this year.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

DAMN!!!! I want me a BD....
Old 05-13-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by STLNLST
it's suppose to be triple digits this weekend so the Reedy will be a hot one this year.

Wow, I guess the popular accesory for this event with be a towel wraped in ice.... lol I'm curious to see how many motors will give out that magic puff of smoke..

Racing4evo- Your tamiya is nice....
Old 05-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Wow, I guess the popular accesory for this event with be a towel wraped in ice.... lol I'm curious to see how many motors will give out that magic puff of smoke..

Racing4evo- Your tamiya is nice....
You know I'm installing my fan before this weekend's club race. It's already pretty hot today so this weekend should have track temps in the 140's his isn't the Tamiya track anymore. Everyone will be well tanned after this event
Old 05-13-2008, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Your thinking about running a BD now?Your worst then me.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by racenut123
Your thinking about running a BD now?Your worst then me.
it looks like a really good car but my cyclone is off the hook right.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by STLNLST
You know I'm installing my fan before this weekend's club race. It's already pretty hot today so this weekend should have track temps in the 140's his isn't the Tamiya track anymore. Everyone will be well tanned after this event

I can only imagine the heat... I'll be at speedworld sometime in july for a Nitro race. 30min mains in that heat should give me that sunburned glow...lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.