Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 10:10 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Yeah those are caster blocks. The kit comes with 10 deg. It is setup for looser conditions. I think a lot of guys went to 0's for shootout with higher traction. Frank will correct me if I am wrong.
We ran 25/5 at the shootout, but 30/10 is what we ran out doors on looser loam tracks and that is what the kit comes with.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root
We ran 25/5 at the shootout, but 30/10 is what we ran out doors on looser loam tracks and that is what the kit comes with.
Thanks Frank.

Does 30/0 get you the same effect as 25/5?
Old 07-26-2012, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

what would someone run at OCRC?
Old 07-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndrewTom
i remember hearing that some people like putting 1 mm shims underneath the trans case, have any of the TLR guys tried that with the 22 sct?
i remember hearing about it in the Horizon 22T review w/ gary.
Yes, most of the TLR guys have raised their transmission on their 22SCT's. I put up a link to the explanation of why and what it does as well as a link to the RCRD Shims that a RCTech member Slick1 sells, they make the job MUCH easier. I personally am running on both my 22Buggy as well as my 22sct conversion
Originally Posted by Grandturk
Yes many of the factory guys raise the tranny 1mm. You can google "22 raise transmission" and find it and I've asked that it be added to the first page.
Thanks for the heads up Grandturk, i added it last night.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
The Dish wheel insert/covers are direct replacements for the fake beadlock rings that come stock on both the SCTE and XXX-SCT rims.
I could have sworn they said that the dishes only work with the new 6 spoke wheels.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Some of you may or may not have noticed, last night I also added a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section to the front page. I will keep that updated as info filters through.

After seeing this truck in person last night, I'm getting really excited for it's release! One thing I noticed on Kevin Gahan's truck, he had the Dish inserts on the rear and the beadlock rings on the front. My guess is this was being tested as a tuning aid to give more rear bite in the turns. The amount in even just the small details that TLR has really invested in this truck are amazing. This truly is a Race-bred truck looking for every possible advantage over the competition. Now if they could just come up with a Driver-mod, I would be the fastest guy around

Another thing and this is just something that may vary from track to track, user to user, set-up to set-up, but some TLR drivers are also running 7g of weight over the top of the rear Transmission. Those of you who run 22 Buggy's or 22T's are probably already familiar with this. But for those who aren't, it tames the rear end down a little bit.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I hear you Scott. I am very excited about this truck.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:02 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by tonyxcom
I could have sworn they said that the dishes only work with the new 6 spoke wheels.
The wheel disks were designed to fit the 6 spoke 22SCT wheel, although it will fit the SCTE wheel, just not properly.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tonyxcom
This is a good question. From the looks of it in the video Frank Root interview video at the 15:00 mark, it looks like it should fit both the new rims as well as the old ones, but I guess we need clarification from a TLR Rep to give us a definitive answer. Would one of the TLR guys mind test fitting the inserts on both the SCTE wheels as well as the XXX-sct wheels so we'll have a definitive answer, it would be greatly appreciate it, Thanks! Once this info is set in stone, I'll add it to the front page.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

This is a good question. From the looks of it in the video Frank Root interview video at the 15:00 mark, it looks like it should fit both the new rims as well as the old ones, but I guess we need clarification from a TLR Rep to give us a definitive answer. Would one of the TLR guys mind test fitting the inserts on both the SCTE wheels as well as the XXX-sct wheels so we'll have a definitive answer, it would be greatly appreciate it, Thanks! Once this info is set in stone, I'll add it to the front page.
I would go with what Mike said above as he is the prod manager. We also use the rings up front and the dish in the back as that is what many of the full size trucks use.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yes, most of the TLR guys have raised their transmission on their 22SCT's. I put up a link to the explanation of why and what it does as well as a link to the RCRD Shims that a RCTech member Slick1 sells, they make the job MUCH easier. I personally am running on both my 22Buggy as well as my 22sct conversion

Thanks for the heads up Grandturk, i added it last night.
ok, i thought they may have done so.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Getting one of these the day it comes out.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

I have this truck on order, I which the boat would get here!! already.
I raced with John Schultz the other night and got to see the truck up close. (very nice) I have a few questions for the TLR guys.

I would like to get some parts on order to get ready for it. I race at HRH on a wet track and want to know if I should invest in any alumumim grades or leave it alone. I run a tekin set up with a 10.5. The only thing I see is there's to much play is in the rack and want it out. On my xxx-sct I run the bulk head, rear toe plate and rear hubs only. The 22 seems to have a lot of alum up grades?

Have any of you tried the mid motor set up yet.

Thanks for any help.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
These things - tlr1046
Originally Posted by THE DOC
I have this truck on order, I which the boat would get here!! already.
I raced with John Schultz the other night and got to see the truck up close. (very nice) I have a few questions for the TLR guys.

I would like to get some parts on order to get ready for it. I race at HRH on a wet track and want to know if I should invest in any alumumim grades or leave it alone. I run a tekin set up with a 10.5. The only thing I see is there's to much play is in the rack and want it out. On my xxx-sct I run the bulk head, rear toe plate and rear hubs only. The 22 seems to have a lot of alum up grades?

Have any of you tried the mid motor set up yet.

Thanks for any help.
Most of us run alum upgrades for weight to be honest. Front and rear camber plates and front alum bulkhead.

For wet conditions stick with rear motor. For dry blue groove (Shootout type conditions) you could go mid motor and it may be better but mid motor really is intened for carpet/astro type conditions.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Casper, I might just get the rear hubs also. Other than the arms the truck is all 22 right, is the rtr the same, just want to make sure I order the right parts. What about the play in the rack?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.