Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE DOC
Thanks Casper, I might just get the rear hubs also. Other than the arms the truck is all 22 right, is the rtr the same, just want to make sure I order the right parts. What about the play in the rack?
Play in the rack is very normal for these cars and does not seem to effect performance. It is one of the normal wear items that gets replaced every few months or so.

There are a few different parts. Arms, rear bones, front axles, front shocks (bodies and shafts) wheel hexes (different offsets) front camber block (different camber hieght and swaybar mounts).

It does share a lot of parts with the 22T though. Front and rear towers, rear hubs, tranny, caster and spindles, rear hubs etc.

They changed stuff they thought needed to be changed to make the geometry right for the SCT so a few more things then you might "think" needed to be changed were just to produce the best product possible.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Play in the rack is very normal for these cars and does not seem to effect performance. It is one of the normal wear items that gets replaced every few months or so.

There are a few different parts. Arms, rear bones, front axles, front shocks (bodies and shafts) wheel hexes (different offsets) front camber block (different camber hieght and swaybar mounts).

It does share a lot of parts with the 22T though. Front and rear towers, rear hubs, tranny, caster and spindles, rear hubs etc.

They changed stuff they thought needed to be changed to make the geometry right for the SCT so a few more things then you might "think" needed to be changed were just to produce the best product possible.
Ok.... Now that you said hexes... I cant find the measurements on the sct hexes do you know why wide they are. f and b. I'm also sending you a PM
Old 07-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Ok.... Now that you said hexes... I cant find the measurements on the sct hexes do you know why wide they are. f and b. I'm also sending you a PM
Nope no clue. Just know they have front and rear hexes for the SCT.

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...ProdID=TLR2936

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...ProdID=TLR2933
Rears also have +.75 and +1.5mm offsets as options.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Most of us run alum upgrades for weight to be honest. Front and rear camber plates and front alum bulkhead.
This is an interesting point. I always have a heavy vs light concern - I race in an area where theres 17.5, 13.5 and Mod 2wd classes for SC. And never at the same race - so I'm constantly changing motors. I've always thought that for 17.5 I need the lightest truck possible and that the power of mod motors allows you to run a heavier truck for more grip.

What's the common consensus? Do you tend to weigh down your 17.5 trucks as well?
Old 07-26-2012, 03:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Grandturk
This is an interesting point. I always have a heavy vs light concern - I race in an area where theres 17.5, 13.5 and Mod 2wd classes for SC. And never at the same race - so I'm constantly changing motors. I've always thought that for 17.5 I need the lightest truck possible and that the power of mod motors allows you to run a heavier truck for more grip.

What's the common consensus? Do you tend to weigh down your 17.5 trucks as well?
I can't really say this is "weighing down the truck" The alum parts add typically 5-15g per part. We are not looking at serious weight adding here. For stock I agree lighter tends to be better. You can run taller gearing without as much heat and go faster. Shorty packs I think are the way to go to get the truck down to min weight. The benefit of some of these alum add ons is they add weight to the ends of the truck where they help the most in "tuning" vs. adding 100g to the middle of the car (short vs long pack). or just weighting down the truck (again middle weight). Does this make sense?
Old 07-26-2012, 03:47 PM
TLRacing

Here are the 22SCT wheel hex widths:

Rear Std = 10.00mm
Rear +.75 = 10.75mm
Rear +1.5 = 11.50mm
Front = 6.75mm
Old 07-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

I can't really say this is "weighing down the truck" The alum parts add typically 5-15g per part. We are not looking at serious weight adding here. For stock I agree lighter tends to be better. You can run taller gearing without as much heat and go faster. Shorty packs I think are the way to go to get the truck down to min weight. The benefit of some of these alum add ons is they add weight to the ends of the truck where they help the most in "tuning" vs. adding 100g to the middle of the car (short vs long pack). or just weighting down the truck (again middle weight). Does this make sense?
Duh. Of course it does. I forgot about shorty packs. thanks!
Old 07-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mike Mellin

Rear Std = 10.00mm
Rear +.75 = 10.75mm
Rear +1.5 = 11.50mm
Front = 6.75mm
I assume the truck is stil "legal" with the +1.5 hexes?
Old 07-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Only with 3 deg toe block and it will be close.

Same thing applies with the 22 and 22T. Stock hexes keep it legal for all toe in blocks 3-5 deg. The less toe you run the less the rear of the tire kicks out the wider the hex you can run. Make sense?
Old 07-26-2012, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Casper! We're keeping you guys busy on all these threads!

Can't wait for this truck...
Old 07-26-2012, 04:01 PM
TLRacing

Yes, this was double checked last weekend during the shootout.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The short course nats are next weekend at rc madness in enfield CT.will there be anyone racing the new truck.Thanks got 2 on preorder cant wait.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mike Mellin

Rear Std = 10.00mm
Rear +.75 = 10.75mm
Rear +1.5 = 11.50mm
Front = 6.75mm
Is the front track with wider than the rear and can we run the 6.75 and 1.5 = 8.25. Is that legal and will it fit under the body?
Old 07-26-2012, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Is the front track with wider than the rear and can we run the 6.75 and 1.5 = 8.25. Is that legal and will it fit under the body?
No you don't stack them
Old 07-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

No you don't stack them
hahaha...that was pretty funny, that came out wrong...I meant to say, if you run the wide hexes on the front will it be legal and fit under the body

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.