Old 03-02-2018, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Welcome on Board Kidtonz!!!
Old 03-04-2018, 12:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Complete newcomer

Hello everyone.
I am 100% new to RC cars. Have a couple kids and am looking to find some great hobby stuff to do with them. We bought a couple of short course trucks and have been having a ton of fun with them. One is a Traxxas Slash 2wd and the other is a ECX Torment 2wd. This one I bought off Ebay and has a couple mods. Already broke something on it and need to figure it out.

Went to SDRC yesterday with some friends and got to enjoy racing a TLR 22 3.0 which I bought from my buddy as he has several 4.0’s. Got my rear handed to me in the beginner class, but at least I was the tallest!

Anyway I am getting deep into this with HIGH hopes that my kids all find this to be as much fun as me.

I will be looking to learn as much as possible so I can teach them maintenance and driving and control of the car. Lord knows I have none right now. Any advise direction is much appreciated.

Have a great day!
Old 03-08-2018, 08:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi

My name's Chris - I grew up in the suburbs of Milwaukee, South Milwaukee to be frank, I am old, 43.

So I grew up on Tamiya in the late 80s early 90s.

My first RC car was a Kyosho Ultima which I hated and sold in near new condition and got a Hornet which was technically worse, but more fun to work on, build, tweak, and the aftermarket was pretty nice for bodies and what not.

I then bought a used Associated 12i, and later a Blackfoot.

I was out of the game until about 2003, bought a Tamiya GOLF V5 kit. I now own that, and I just bought the BRAT in Jacksonville FL last weekend for my birthday. I felt 13 again. Walking up and removing that box from the wall was amazing.

I now live in Raleigh NC and spend weekends traveling the SE and hangning out in Charleston, Wilmington, JAX, and photographing surfing.

Other HEAVY interests:
European cars, MOTOGP, 80/90s BMX builds, Kathy Ireland's Instagram.

PEACE!

Last edited by racer1812; 03-09-2018 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I’m Kinze and back after 5+ years. My daughter and son were born and the small parts just couldn’t be left out anymore. Things change quick in Rc but having fun
Old 03-09-2018, 11:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi all

I'm not new to the hobby, having three nitro cars; a Losi 8ight-T 2.0 Truggy, an HPI Savage Basher MT and an HPI RS4 Evo 3 road car. I raced the Truggy and the RS4 and had enormous fun with them. I never set the world alight with skill but I did improve week on week, and that's all that matters to me really.

These cars are all back in the UK (Adur, Sussex was the track I raced at) and i've now moved to California for work.

I'm moving over to Brushless TC racing and i'm trying to sort my first electric car, radio, transponder and so on, so I can get back into racing again. I need to scratch that itch!

Anyway, glad to be here and hope to not be a pain in the butt and actually a constructive member of the forum.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hello rctech members,

I have gotten back into the hobby last year after a hiatus building my malibu. Now that that's done I dusted off a couple of tamiya's M03 and TA02 and got a trx4 and a slash to bash around.

I must say that this site has been a great resource during trouble shooting and just what is going on in the hobby in general.
Old 03-28-2018, 03:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys just coming back to Rc after 10 years and was still green when I left. But since we've had a couple tracks open up and I'm jumping back in and to race this time!
Old 03-28-2018, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Welcome back!!!! Have Fun!!!
Old 03-29-2018, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

I love this forum, can a moderator help me so that every single post I make is not "reviewed" I have pm'ed a moderator but I am not getting a reply.

Thank you,

Rm
Old 04-10-2018, 10:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey everyone! Mike here from Massachusetts, been out of the hobby for about 10 years and finally thinking about getting into racing instead of the old bashing.

I will be posting into the a couple subs regarding this and look forward to hearing from people!
Old 04-10-2018, 04:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Got my first rc grade car, the Traxxas rustler xl-5 , lots of fun and my backyard is perfect for it,
even with all the sticks and leaves on the ground it goes pretty fast.

Sticks have tried to get (and have been) jammed in the wheels a few times .
Nothing has broke so far.

First hobby stuff I got in the past was wasted, mostly because I was terrible at storing stuff.
(almost all of them got destroyed lol, and of course I didn't even try to fix them, but on the plus side I have left over dynam a-10 electronic parts)
Old 04-17-2018, 11:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Hi there, greetings from Switzerland. I'm back in the hobby after a break of a few years.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Hey guys

Hey guys, I'm new here. I have some questions on modding a toy grade 6x6 truck, where would I post them?
Old 04-26-2018, 08:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Golem93
Hey guys, I'm new here. I have some questions on modding a toy grade 6x6 truck, where would I post them?
Do some searches on the forum and see if there are any existing discussions of what you have..
Old 04-26-2018, 09:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Mahjik
Do some searches on the forum and see if there are any existing discussions of what you have..
There isn't one for it, I haved searched many times. Closest one I have found is the SZJJX 4x4, but it's not really helpful for me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.